Hip Hop Holograms: Pros and Cons/Future Success

Options

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    popbeijing wrote: »
    dumb stupid ? . this hip hop ? is getting worse day by day i tell ya...let the past go for petes sake....hes ? dead...

goto sleep whiteboy
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    So how the ? did they really put this together? Is that taken from old concert footage and imported as a whole or did they create the whole thing from scratch? I need a making-of of this ? .

Judging from the video this was clearly done with Motion Capture. They do it in video games and movies. They probably got someone to copy Pac's movements in motion capture and they super imposed his image in CGI-computer graphics. The voice is his and digitally remastered. It's crazy how technology has come this far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wK1Ixr-UmM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTisU4dibSc

t.i did the motion captures for the 2pac halogram ...
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is cool, This can be a huge market for someone like MJ, Elvis, Hendrix, Whitney Houston and etc. For the rap community it'll probably get exploited by people who have money to do this. I can see 50 and Em doing this, have Pac shout them out again. Rick Ross doing "2Pac back" and Pac shouting out Maybach music. Smh! Diddy already asking for a Biggie hologram that he can make off of.
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    ca21 wrote: »
    So how the ? did they really put this together? Is that taken from old concert footage and imported as a whole or did they create the whole thing from scratch? I need a making-of of this ? .

basically they take old video footage of him and use a bunch of cameras to create a 3d image and add audio....look at this video and u will notice that many of the moves pac is doing came from this video right here...(i dont know how to embed video so if someone can do it please do...thanks)

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lr1_EGB-Hs?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3lr1_EGB-Hs?version=3&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't they have one of nate dogg too
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't they have one of nate dogg too

ya thats wat im saying i doubt they would ditch nate dogg like that
  • twizza 77
    Options
    TMZ also spoke with Dre's crewmate Daz Dillinger -- who tells us, Nate Dogg was originally supposed to appear as a hologram as well, but the decision was made at the last minute not to use him. Nate got a video tribute instead.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The crowd was probably like "What the ? ?". I'm sure a few ? called they weed man after the show like, "Ay I ain't ? ' with your ? no more. I know I just saw Tupac perform live"
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    The crowd was probably like "What the ? ?". I'm sure a few ? called they weed man after the show like, "Ay I ain't ? ' with your ? no more. I know I just saw Tupac perform live"

lmaooo and rozay was chillen with his ? watching the stream like "I told yall ? he was coming back huhhhhh"

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    ptowndonte wrote: »

lmaooo and rozay was chillen with his ? watching the stream like "I told yall ? he was coming back huhhhhh"

That song about to be #1 in the World
  • $hiftysean
    $hiftysean Members Posts: 34
    Options
    pros: we dont have to hear other artists doing other peoples lines anymore, that ? is annoying. that and you can actually see the "person" and not a bunch of pictures or videos being displayed on stage and you can still do that with the hologram.
    cons: its not really a big deal, but having the hologram do or say things that it possibly might not have done irl
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn yo execs are going to eat this up.This is a gold mine.At the same time I feel bad for his image.I mean they are just going to over use it.
  • twizza 77
    Options
    http://www.thesource.com/articles/212228/Tupac-Shakur-Hologram-Curator-Speaks-On-Coachella-Performance/

“We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” said Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, the San Diego company that created the hologram. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life. You can take their likenesses and voice and … take people that haven’t done concerts before or perform music they haven’t sung and digitally recreate it.

"The Tupac hologram was several months in the planning and took nearly four months to create in a studio and though Smith was not able to reveal the exact price tag for the illusion, he said a comparable one could cost anywhere from $100,000 to more than $400,000 to pull off. “I can’t say how much that event cost, but I can say it’s affordable in the sense that if we had to bring entertainers around world and create concerts across the country, we could put [artists] in every venue in the country.”
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    This is cool, This can be a huge market for someone like MJ, Elvis, Hendrix, Whitney Houston and etc. For the rap community it'll probably get exploited by people who have money to do this. I can see 50 and Em doing this, have Pac shout them out again. Rick Ross doing "2Pac back" and Pac shouting out Maybach music. Smh! Diddy already asking for a Biggie hologram that he can make off of.

smh@ people still thinkin tupac back is RO$$ song when itz MEEK MILLZ yall need 2 stop hatin & pay attention damn cuz MEEK MILL got SUGE KNIGHTZ niece n da tupac back video & she got MMG tatt;d on da same arm as her DEATHROW tat again TUPAC BACK IS NOT RICK ROSS SONG ITZ MEEK MILLZ!.,.,.
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    Hearing Pac shout out Coachella was kinda weird. I think it could be a big hit if done right though.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    Hearing Pac shout out Coachella was kinda weird. I think it could be a big hit if done right though.

? that hearin pac say wat up ? azz dre was mo weird imo....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    U know he already thhinking bout it..
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL. who know's he's probaby hook that ? up next year.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Summer Jam i bet.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn other then the adlibs from a old event added having him give shoutout the ? was dope and scary. Now watch Brucelee do a new movie and Pac have videos for his next album ? is off the chain...
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? CAN'T DENY THAT WAS GOAT...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im just saying ? gonna be getting ? even more now...

when ? sell they soul for a record deal i guarantee that likeness will be part of the deal.
    with that said...once you act the fukk up ....they can hire a ghostwriter, computer generate your voice and create a hologram of you....

? gonna be watching they self on stage during a live performance...crying cause they not getting paid but they likeness is cleaning the fukk up.

? gonna be battling theyself
    ? gonna be ? ? and tellin they main ? they was at a show
    ? gettin locked up saying it wasnt them it was a hologram