The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Aw ? they just put shameless on Netflix. It's only the first 4 seasons but oh well...that's my show.

Haha damn! I just bought seasons 1-5 on dvd 3 weeks ago. First 4 seasons were GOAT. Most recent seasons aren't bad, just haven't been as good imo. Last season had some storylines set up that I wish they would have did things differently with, but it was better than season 5 I think. Probably my favorite dramedy that is currently airing.

I'm hella behind. I don't even remember what season I left off on lol. Since it's on Netflix I might as well just watch from the beginning
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    deon_cole_cole_blooded_seminar.jpg

Jus watched this Deon Cole comedy central special. Dude is funny af imo.This stand up was not his best stuff. Still a decent watch tho.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching the new Jim Jeffries stand up on netflix. 10 mins in and pretty Damn funny. Gonna check out the Deon Cole one next.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The shallows .....chick goes to a secluded place to surf and gets in a struggle for survival vs a great white ...7/10

iD2 ..not having will smith did hurt it I know they had the rest of the cast return but having will would have went a long way still I kinda enjoyed it .7/10
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    Aight slasher on Netflix .....a chicks parents are killed on Halloween night 1988 while her mom is pregnant with her the killer cuts her from her dead moms belly .years later she moves back into the town and house where the murders took place ...to uncover the truth from the original killer and catch the copy cat . 8,episode series 8/10

I binged this season in 2 days. I enjoyed the hell out of this. I also give it an 8/10
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Checked out two stand ups from some dude named Tom segura. Pretty funny.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching blue exorcist

9/10
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    81540_front.jpg

If you like animé flicks check this

iduqrybr9otj.png

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I own Bebop and Blood on DVD. GOAT ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    The Man From UNCLE: wack movie, I felt you had to know of the OG TV show to understand some of the references but besides that this was more of a buddy-cop action movie with stylish clothing and music, bad guys have bad aim, terrible jokes and explosions. The Russian and his girl carried the movie. Henry Cavill has a terrible American accent. A lot of scenes were filler and had nothing to do with anything. I give it 5/10

I thought it was slighty better about a 6.5. A little psuedo-Bond, felt a little disjointed and choppy but it didn't bore me. I just didn't think it was great.

Harry Brown: DOPE Movie and half the dayum cast of Game of Thrones was in it LOLOLOL. Great movie, the OG Michael Caine was a beast. This is basically the London version of Death Wish with Michael Caine on his Charles Bronson ? . Good movie I give it 7/10

I give it a half point higher for the tunnel scene alone. 7.5/10. Michael Caine killed it for me. Super dope movie.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    MacBeth: straaaight to the ? trash bin. Garbage and just terrible. Fassbinder can do way better. I thought the cast and trailer were amazing so I gave it a chance and I was surprised how terrible it was SMMFH.

I give it a 4/10

Yeah i watched about 40 mins of it as well and gave up, Shakespearean English does my nut in (even though i was aware of this beforehand) just couldn't get jiggy with that ? .

Cinematography was on point though, ain't hard to make Scotland look like a hellhole but they did an extra grim job withit.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    The xfiles theme song still creeps me out
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Watching the big short on netflix. Pretty cool movie. It stars Steve carell, Brad pitt, Ryan gosling, and Christian bale. Bales character figures out the housing market is going to crash months before it happened back in 06 and he bets against it which is unheard of. Carell and gosling and Pitts characters all catch on and bet against it as well and when the market crashed they all made millions while the rest of the country was broke. Nobody even noticed it or expected it except them. Based on a true story too.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Definitely recommend both. Big short has some good laughs in it too. Steve carell is so awesome in his role. So Is bale. Both long ass movies tho.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Barbershop 3

7/10

Them ? can't cut hair for ? .
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    48hrs and another 48hrs ..Eddie Murphy at his best playing convict Reggie Hammond helping detective jack Cates played by nick nolte ..solve cases
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1989-little-monsters-poster11.jpg

I have never heard the word "? " so many times in a children's movie.

Also i believe this to somehow be cannon with princess bride
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched a Asian flick on Netflix called pirates... was pretty good had martial arts and humor. The royal seal is eaten by a whale who was protecting her baby. Cuz of embarrassment the officials blames pirates and bandits for it. Good watch
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Viceland is goat. Michael k Williams got a show coming out called black market

Just caught this ? yesterday..just found out O had this channel 2 days ago..
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just started a new show on Netflix called Love that was created by Judd Apatow. Has Lily Allen from the AT&T commercials and Gillian Jacobs in it along with some other cameos that was in Apatow's early work like Freaks & Geeks. Pretty solid through 2 episodes.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Just started a new show on Netflix called Love that was created by Judd Apatow. Has Lily Allen from the AT&T commercials and Gillian Jacobs in it along with some other cameos that was in Apatow's early work like Freaks & Geeks. Pretty solid through 2 episodes.

Yea. Binged that the day it dropped. Wasnt as good as I thought it would be. Decent enough watch tho.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

Yea. Binged that the day it dropped. Wasnt as good as I thought it would be. Decent enough watch tho.

Couldn't remember where I remembered Paul Rust from and then it hit me...he was the male lead in I Love You Beth Cooper...one of the worst movies I've ever seen, not hard to see why he didn't get a chance in anything acting related for a while.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

I checked it out off the strength of Judd Apatow producing and Gillian Jacobs starring. I thought it was a really good show and relate-able from both characters perspectives. ? had a lot of "real life" humor to me and did well on the dramatic moments. Great show imo and im excited for season 2 to come out whenever it does.