The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Aight slasher on Netflix .....a chicks parents are killed on Halloween night 1988 while her mom is pregnant with her the killer cuts her from her dead moms belly .years later she moves back into the town and house where the murders took place ...to uncover the truth from the original killer and catch the copy cat . 8,episode series 8/10
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    rs_300x300-160309083210-600.popstar.cm.3916.jpg

I thought it would have been funnier. Solid laughs. But no where near as good as i thought it would have been.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigduece69 wrote: »
    Watched Central Intelligence with the wife last night and it was decent. Kevin Hart was the same as always, but the plot wasn't too predictable. I give a 7/10.

I watched this yesterday also. The Rock is what made this movie bearable to me, Kevin Hart had a couple of funny parts also.

It was better than I thought it would be which was cool
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Janis doc on netflix was dope. Been on a doc binge myself.

There is one called cooked that Is really good. It's a series and each episode is a doc about how we use the different elements in cooking. Earth, air, fire, and water. Really good. Made by the guy that did food inc.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Also watched the return of Jake the snake. A wrestler who fell into addiction and Dimond Dallas page helps him out through his program. They even got Scott hall to join up. Didn't kno he was in such terrible shape.

Also watched brothers of war. Doc about a team from Vietnam documenting the beginning and end of their year long tour. Pretty good.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where to Invade Next. Michael Moore Doc where he goes to mainly European countries and 'steals' great ideas to bring them back to america. Really really good Doc. Extremely informative. It showed the lunch the kids were eating out there. 3 course meals, everything fresh, no snack machines in their schools and all the kids drank water. Their lychee are better than 95% of the ? yall ? be posting in the food thread. Lmao. Found out america is #29 as far as high schoolers. Finland is number one. And they dont have homework, or SATS. Really good flick, alot of interesting things. Showed how in the collapse of the economy over there that only one bank survived and it was run by women. Now they have the economy even better than before. Their laws mandate 4 weeks paid vacations. They get 2 hour lunches and get paid a middle class wage. They laughed at the idea of working 2 jobs. Check it out.

@not_osirus_jenkins man finally saw this... good ? drop.. highly recommend
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Minority Report ...

Saw it via the HD cable box Tuesday night.. one of my favourite Spielberg pictures and in my opinion his last great film

Man, science fiction like no other: the film was way ahead of its time.

Things we take for granted today and use every day currently (2016) were highlighted in it (released in 2002)

Touch screen computers, eye sensors for identification, vaporizers, contactless credit cards, drones, electrically powered vehicles etc movie came out before the very first iPhone was created

The photography itself I read was 'bleached' to give it a futuristic feel; with a blueish outlook.

Cruise as always delivered as an action figure and the pre-crime system used as a plot line in the film make you reason and think... when's it's all said and done we humans use power for corruption and self-serving needs... and there are flaws in systems that are created or deemed to seem perfect

5 stars...

never really been a cruise fan.. but i always thought this was a underrated ass movie.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my hands on Hidden Colors 4. Started slow, but picked up steam. Not as good as the others, but still very solid.

Watching this showing on CW, Containment. Pretty good, would be even better if it wasn't being directed in a soap opera type of way.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    8mxg6okh98it.jpg
    Tells the true story of Brandon Teena a woman living as a man (born) Teena Brandon ....it follows her thought out her struggles as she lives as a man and the family who only knows her as a woman

8/10

Real story on the case

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Teena
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Haven't seen boys don't cry yet...feels depressing and I haven't worked myself up to watch it.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Haven't seen boys don't cry yet...feels depressing and I haven't worked myself up to watch it.

Yea it is but its a good flick .her case was right up there with the matthew Shepard case if u remember that case
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I heard it had a very vivid butt ? scene.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I heard it had a very vivid butt ? scene.

In what movie? Boys don't cry nah but she does get ? tho
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Lol @ the goats.

But yeah i heard they butt ? her in that movie. Perhaps it was just the ol classic regular ? though who knows.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    @Bcotton5 why u goat a ? scene? U ain't ordinary ? scust
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Watching a doc on netflix called poverty inc. Pretty eye opening.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzwxEqqvsCQ

Jus watched the 1st 3 episodes of TBS's Wrecked. All the trailers during the nba playoffs looked solid. 3 eps in, its pretty meh. It has potential tho, i hope it picks up. I'll prolly wait till the season is over then binge the whole thing. I can see this easily getting cancelled after 1 season tho.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aight slasher on Netflix .....a chicks parents are killed on Halloween night 1988 while her mom is pregnant with her the killer cuts her from her dead moms belly .years later she moves back into the town and house where the murders took place ...to uncover the truth from the original killer and catch the copy cat . 8,episode series 8/10

Just started this, I noticed the main character is the chick from Jurassic World. Is there gonna be a Season 2, I heard the creator wanted to make it a anthology series like True Detective and American Horror Story.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Decided to rewatch Entourage before I watch the movie, and damn Johnny Drama has to be one of the funniest characters of all-time. Has some GOAT celebrity cameos in too, lol at Drama talking mad ? to Chuck Liddell over the parking spot.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Viceland is goat. Michael k Williams got a show coming out called black market
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That popstar never stop stopping ? was mad funny didn't expect it to be so funny ? had me in tears
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Aw ? they just put shameless on Netflix. It's only the first 4 seasons but oh well...that's my show.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Aw ? they just put shameless on Netflix. It's only the first 4 seasons but oh well...that's my show.

Haha damn! I just bought seasons 1-5 on dvd 3 weeks ago. First 4 seasons were GOAT. Most recent seasons aren't bad, just haven't been as good imo. Last season had some storylines set up that I wish they would have did things differently with, but it was better than season 5 I think. Probably my favorite dramedy that is currently airing.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shameless is just copying the original British version, sorry to inform you that it never gets as good as the first 3 seasons.