The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chi-Raq wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. I actually liked the movie a lot and the main actress is a beautiful young lady.

It's a satire so I knew it would be over the top in some aspects and it sure fit that bill. Still though, I don't understand how folks couldn't get the message of the film. It was constantly bashed into your skull repeatability.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    6535070a4a8b1d72ae51fa8624cea201.jpg
    TRANCERS+1+AUG91+2.jpg

The first film is dope, the second is pretty good as well. about to go through the rest of the series.
    and who knew helen hunt was sexy at some point in time

You trippin' Helen Hunt rocking the white wife-beater in Twister was GOAT. Hell she still looked good when she got butt ass naked in The Sessions a few years ago.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Helen hunt is your typical soccer mom who tell you to get off her lawn I don't see any appeal ....to each tho
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Finally watched sinister. Really really ? up movie. Don't even know if I'll be able to sleep good at night. 8/10.

Jungle book. 9/10.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love Jones ..7/10

That movie is one of my favorite romance flicks. When I was young I seen that and it made me want to go to Chicago.

It was awesome how they portrayed all the beautiful black folks in it. They were all smart and passionate.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    District 9 9/10
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Finally watched sinister. Really really ? up movie. Don't even know if I'll be able to sleep good at night. 8/10.

Jungle book. 9/10.

Update: fell asleep to nicktoons. I ain't ever having kids. Nope.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Love Jones ..7/10

That movie is one of my favorite romance flicks. When I was young I seen that and it made me want to go to Chicago.

It was awesome how they portrayed all the beautiful black folks in it. They were all smart and passionate.

Had a dope soundtrack too
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conjuring 2 was cool. I was sleepy tho, might be better on my 2nd viewing.

Another note, they showed a movie coming out titled, "Clown". That ? was torrented 2 years ago...
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Read this Stephen King book "Cell" about 10 years ago. They finally made a movie out of it w/ Sam L Jackson. 10 Mins into it and its pretty damn good!
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Nice Guys.... at the cinema this afternoon

Starring Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. Hilarious crime comedy and slick screenplay

LA in the '70s grimey as ? . 4/5
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Starring Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe. Hilarious crime comedy and slick screenplay

Aw ? I didn't think the nice guys would be good cuz they promo'd the hell out of it. Might catch this on the fire stick
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Conjuring 2

8.7/10

Very well written, scarier than the first.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conjuring 2

8.7/10

Very well written, scarier than the first.

Saw it tonight was good
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aw ? I didn't think the nice guys would be good cuz they promo'd the hell out of it. Might catch this on the fire stick

It's thoroughly entertaining, not on the level of ''Kiss kiss bang bang'' but if your familiar with Shane Black you won't be disappointed.

Ryan Gosling was a blast in the movie.
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-7.jpg

Jus binged the 1st 3 seasons of FX's It’s always sunny in Philadelphia. I have heard alot about this show, but have never watched a single episode. Finally gave it a watch. 1st season was okay, but it gets much better when Danny DeVito joins the cast. But I love that they make fun of anything, nothing is off limits. No PC ? . Frank and Charlie are funny af. LOL @ dumpster baby, die hard parody and the night man cometh episodes. Dead @ Frank always walking round with his pistol. Gone watch season 4 today...

Always Sunny is the funniest ? on TV!

I just watched an independent joint The Invitation and it's dope. I don't want to give anything away because almost nothing is given away. If you're into thrillers and suspense it's a much watch.

Triple 9 About cops, robbers, and the Russian Mafia in Atlanta. ? was definitely entertaining and has the great
    Chiwetelu Ejiofor in it.

(T)error This is a documentary about a man that works for the FBI as an anti-terrorism agent. This ? is captivating!

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Quick question for my movie nerds: I'm about to try to watch Blade Runner for the first time (I know I'm super late) so which version is the definitive one to watch given that there are like 47 different ones. I think Netflix has the US Theatrical Release version.

The book yo!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lazypakman wrote: »

It's thoroughly entertaining, not on the level of ''Kiss kiss bang bang'' but if your familiar with Shane Black you won't be disappointed.

Ryan Gosling was a blast in the movie.

Kiss kiss bang bang is one of the most under rated random af movies of alltime. I got it on dvd. Rewatch every now n again.
  • VanguardBLK
    VanguardBLK Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    kqaqvw8da02q.jpg

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Watching this show slasher on Netflix pretty good so far check it .if u liked the following
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching voltron on Netflix....good and nostalgic
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Read this Stephen King book "Cell" about 10 years ago. They finally made a movie out of it w/ Sam L Jackson. 10 Mins into it and its pretty damn good!

Watching Conjuring 2 right now. Much better viewing this time around.

Watched a movie titled Cell the other day. Read the book (S.King) over 10 years ago. Worth the watch.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    Cape fear....this is one of those movies where if it were me the ? woulda lasted 20 mins. Soon as I saw max posted on my property like
    tumblr_inline_nbbortwjEz1rsn4g8.gif

it woulda been an on sight situation lol. It was hilarious how he kept coming back from the brink of death at the end too. Movie was funnier to me than it probly shoulda been...idk the directing made it seem like a parody...kinda like natural born killers. Cool movie tho. 7/10

Janis: Little Girl Blue
    janis-poster-documentary.jpg

Janis joplin doc on Netflix about her life. Was a huge fan of hers growing up so most of the ? in there I already knew, but it was cool they included her journal entries and stories from her fam and childhood friends.

Dis(honesty)
    dishonest-poster.jpg

Another doc I caught on netflix. It's about lying from a behavioral economics standpoint. Basically the theme was there are very few people that are few people like bernie madoff who rob people blind. The majority of us tell white lies and are dishonest about small things that add up, which is more detrimental to society. Interesting.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched Central Intelligence with the wife last night and it was decent. Kevin Hart was the same as always, but the plot wasn't too predictable. I give a 7/10.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Minority Report ...

Saw it via the HD cable box Tuesday night.. one of my favourite Spielberg pictures and in my opinion his last great film

Man, science fiction like no other: the film was way ahead of its time.

Things we take for granted today and use every day currently (2016) were highlighted in it (released in 2002)

Touch screen computers, eye sensors for identification, vaporizers, contactless credit cards, drones, electrically powered vehicles etc movie came out before the very first iPhone was created

The photography itself I read was 'bleached' to give it a futuristic feel; with a blueish outlook.

Cruise as always delivered as an action figure and the pre-crime system used as a plot line in the film make you reason and think... when's it's all said and done we humans use power for corruption and self-serving needs... and there are flaws in systems that are created or deemed to seem perfect

5 stars...