The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where to Invade Next. Michael Moore Doc where he goes to mainly European countries and 'steals' great ideas to bring them back to america. Really really good Doc. Extremely informative. It showed the lunch the kids were eating out there. 3 course meals, everything fresh, no snack machines in their schools and all the kids drank water. Their lychee are better than 95% of the ? yall ? be posting in the food thread. Lmao. Found out america is #29 as far as high schoolers. Finland is number one. And they dont have homework, or SATS. Really good flick, alot of interesting things. Showed how in the collapse of the economy over there that only one bank survived and it was run by women. Now they have the economy even better than before. Their laws mandate 4 weeks paid vacations. They get 2 hour lunches and get paid a middle class wage. They laughed at the idea of working 2 jobs. Check it out.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fright night part 2 .(1989) .the original cast returns from the ,85 horror classic this time Charlie is in college and is hunted by the sister of jerry dandridge (the vampire from the first fright night) ...was glad to see the original cast return and loved the story line and creature effects 8/10 ..also this movie is really hard to find since its gone out of print and ifcu do find it on eBay or amazon idiots ask a ? price for it like 230bucks
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a disturbing movie, and it's based off a true incident, it's some sick ass people in the world. It's on Hulu right now
    2wn9xdc.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why this thread dont show new posts?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Yea that girl next door is dope saw it years ago when it first dropped.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bram Stroker's Dracula - actually my first time watching this in full. Ticks all the right boxes concerning gothic horror and gore. Possibly the best screen adaptation of the legendary Transylvanian vampire

Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice - had to see it again to see what I missed the first time and it's a pretty good film. The entertainment value is good but Warner Bros. have to allow artistic freedom with the filmmakers for future sequels

J Edgar - biopic of the former FBI director starring Leo DiCaprio and directed by Clint Eastwood. Slow paced film and it also highlights his alleged homosexuality. The make-up worn by the actors though was OTT

Terminator 2: Judgement Day - caught it late into the night and it never gets old. Possibly Arnold's best performance on screen
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pan

Highly slept on. Not too kid friendly, great story/ ? reviews but don't trust em. 8/10
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    I'm a fan of animated short films here are a couple of my favorite ones check them if u have time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ejPG-i03I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bs4LOtIuxg

• bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched red again(I love Mary-Louise Parker, didn't know she was damn near 50 tho....still, milfsmash.

Great film

Thought I'd watch red2, not so great.

Feel like watching fifth element
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still havent seen Red or its sequel. Will read up about it. I heard a lot about the first one being good.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Still havent seen Red or its sequel. Will read up about it. I heard a lot about the first one being good.
    First one is real cool
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    First one is real cool

Nice I'll check that out this weekend
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    miles ahead -great...not a predictable film with the default storyline and direction, wasnt what i expected and was satisfied for just that. Don cheadle said the typical biopic direction would be too simple...he did his ? . i liked the way he was riding around wit his mouthpiece. ...i did that ? afterwards lol . It only showcased his more recognized pressings though...im more than a casual fan of miles so i noticed that...but it was dope how they worked his art n boxing love into the film...when that white boy threw that gun away i yelled in the theather lol...movie had my full investment

now on the othet side

barnershop - i enjoyed seeing gravy on the screen again, but outside of that, didnt like movie at all. jokes didn't hit/wasnt funny ...wasnt much of a direction or conclusion. ..jus felt like ? dragged. my mind wandered. ..almost walked out...n i didn't downgrade the movie behind the following but it had goofy off ? abt chicago. vl meeting's in cornell square park...n they called it holy city, nall.....tyga being named yummy

caddilac records - old movie bout muddy waters. ? is dope and production value is much greater than i expected for a low budget film
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    House (1986) an author moves in to his deceased aunts home only to find its haunted by demonic spirits and even some of his own past demons
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    The Exorcist - released in 1973 will still ? on all these modern 'horror' flicks

Southpaw - Jake Gyllenhaal as a lightweight boxer who experiences tragedy and redemption. B-movie with a method performance from him. Please stop casting 50 Cent in films .. dude can't act for ?

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont kno why hollywood insists on casting 50 in movies. I refuse to watch anything he is in.
  • marc123
    Options
    25227640.jpg

Jus binged Netflix's Flaked. Im not a big fan of Will Arnett n the reviews have been pretty mixed. But i decided to give it a watch. Its solid imo. Fun, light watch.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 1 of 'alone' on history.

10 people dumped onto vancouver island, no camera crew no gimmicks, last man standing wins.
    dude who won it managed to last 56 days out there....insanity.
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lmao ? grandpa was funny
  • marc123
    edited May 2016
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=HxURCAJaZ6E

Jus binged season 1 of FX's Man Seeking Woman. Some of the stuff is alil wierd, but this show is funny af. Couple scenes are ? genius, lol funny. Eric Andre is that dude.

I've seen couple ppl on here talking bout this show. If u haven't seen it, check it out.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They showing the shining right now. The part where jack's at the bar. He killed that ?
  • rip.dilla
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I saw Everybody Wants Some yesterday at the cinema... Richard Linklater's new film about a baseball team bonding over three days before college starts in 1980

Linklater might lowkey be one of the finest filmmakers in the game right now. He's attention to detail as regards periodic production design is excellent (another cat I compare to him is Paul Thomas Anderson)

It's a very cool funny movie, with the period backdrop you see the technology used back; good music too, mostly funk and disco. And there's a token Black guy amongst all them Whites

However being the story was based in Austin, Texas and is sort of semi-autobiographical, I wonder why there wasn't any racial undertone in the script with the time period (1980) and Texas being a Southern state

4/5
  • marc123
    edited May 2016
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=rd3Z8IrVus0

Jus binged season 2. Not as funny as 1, but still very good. Again jus like season 1 some of the comedy is ? genius. Props to the writers. Cant wait for season 3.