The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just watch Carlito's Way for the second time since it first came out

great movie

But Pacino was the worst damn Puerto Rican ever in a movie, ? was down right disrespectful

if i was puerto rican id bus a cap in the show behind that ?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carlitos way >>> scarface
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vu4qekfvrh7j.jpg

Was mad corny. amazing how far we've come in special effects and makeup. not one black person in film of course.

cacndjei3r84.jpg

only got 40 minutes in before the cheesiness got too much. horrible film.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hateful Eight and Spotlight were both great.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checked out a film on netflix called hush. A thriller about a deaf mute and sexy chick who lives out in the woods by herself. A bit later a stalker/serial killer terrorizes her trying to murder her and she must run or fight. Pretty good movie. I'll give it a 8/10 on the Lou scale.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Checked out a film on netflix called hush. A thriller about a deaf mute and sexy chick who lives out in the woods by herself. A bit later a stalker/serial killer terrorizes her trying to murder her and she must run or fight. Pretty good movie. I'll give it a 8/10 on the Lou scale.

Yea been sick so I caught that on Netflix I enjoyed it ..only gripe ...I wish the mask stayed on other than that it was a good movie
  • Lou Cypher
    Options

Yea been sick so I caught that on Netflix I enjoyed it ..only gripe ...I wish the mask stayed on other than that it was a good movie

It was kind of frustrating all the chances she blew, but she went through hell lol.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was ok at 1st. But the night manager has turned into a pretty good show.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Miles Ahead .. at the local cinema this afternoon and I was glad I paid to watch it

This film couldn't have come at a better time coinciding with Prince's death; it encapsulates the never ending ownership tussle between artiste and record company regarding music..

Don Cheadle made a quality film and the photography captured whatever era he was in perfectly.

Nice to see Herbie Hancock and Robert Glasper sharing the stage together at the end

Five stars. Go see it!
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Dope. Miles ahead is playing at one theater in anchorage. Gonna go see that this upcoming weekend
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options

It was kind of frustrating all the chances she blew, but she went through hell lol.

Yea they ? each other up I cringed when he ? up her hand

Anyway

Saw train wreck ..it was pretty cool lebron was funny and the amare scene with him and the doc was hilarious
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Watching Deadpool thanks to acestream a1 copy btw, very dope havent really been messing with superhero flicks outside of Ironman 3 and X men first class. This ? is a great spin on the genre tho. Not quite The Dark night level of reinvention but nonetheless a very fresh take on it.

Superhero movie standard B.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching Triple 9. Good so far..

But damn...Omar...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jus watched this and it was funny af. ? str8 ? on ppl. All the jokes were on point. His comedy might be too dark for some. But if u like dark comedy this is a much watch imo. Best stand up i seen in a minute.

daniel-tosh-people-pleaser.jpg
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Filth - starring James McAvoy as a morally bankrupt Scottish cop who's on a downward trajectory with everyday life due to his family leaving him. Adapted from the book by the author of Trainspotting and shares the same pulp storyline

Bad Words - directed by and starring Jason Bateman as a middle aged man (also an ? ) in LA who still partakes in spelling bee competitions using foul tactics to win until he meets his match in an Indian boy whom he befriends. Pretty decent
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fatal beauty starring Whoopi Goldberg and Sam ellitot

Whoopi plays a cop working a case to take a strong strain of coke off the streets named fatal beauty that's causing an alarming rate of over Dose's among teens all over LA ...its a gritty look into LA in the late 80s ...didn't do well at box office but has gained cult status ..8/10
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a disturbing movie, and it's based off a true incident, it's some sick ass people in the world. It's on Hulu right now
    2wn9xdc.jpg
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good movie, saw it last week.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This was a disturbing movie, and it's based off a true incident, it's some sick ass people in the world. It's on Hulu right now
    2wn9xdc.jpg

Read up on this case while back its based on Sylvia likens sad case ...another film based on the case is called an American crime ..starring Ellen page check that one too

The real case

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Watched die hard haven't seen it in awhile still in my top 5 action flicks of all time ..never knew bruce Willis was the studios last choice to play mclaine and it was because up to that point he was known as a comedic actor having been on moonlighting TV show for awhile ..
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    2wn9xdc.jpg

That movie was ? . Think it's on netflix still too.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2wn9xdc.jpg

Read up on this case while back its based on Sylvia likens sad case ...another film based on the case is called an American crime ..starring Ellen page check that one too

The real case

I read up on the case too, man that blew me away
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    2wn9xdc.jpg

The real case

I read up on the case too, man that blew me away

? is disgusting and sad AF smh
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't watched it all because the wife fell asleep but that movie the boss with Mellisa McCarthy is funny as ?
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Options
    Haven't watched it all because the wife fell asleep but that movie the boss with Mellisa McCarthy is funny as ?

Word? I was going to but was kinda sketchy about it ..I'll check it out now tho