KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    damn what's all the kerry washington shade for? what did she do? lol

U mean besides the fact that she probably LOVES this role lol
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing some of the stuff may not even make the final edit.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    if the lead is kerry washington something tells me she has no qualms bout getting ? by whitemen...she probably take that role for free

Thats exactly wat I said lol

Her getting ? by white men is probably why she wanted the part

She prolly wrote it in.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    Options

idk.....i'm not familiar with her so i have no idea what y'all are talkin about lol. is she married to a white dude or somethin?

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And from what I could gather...Kerry doesn't have that many lines...
    I would have preferred her to be a strong-willed, iron-hearted slave...Who takes the punishment she gets like a true G...And is like, '? all crackers'...But she's a damsel in distress down to the last...how she becomes Candie's slave is some silliness...Basically...They call young, nice lookin' slave-hoes 'ponies'...At some pony auction, some Sacha Baron Cohen's family buy her for him...Coz he's a loser and a ? ...And he falls in love with her...Its not clear whether she has feelings for him...But she'd much rather be there than anywhere else...She gets dinner table privileges...So at Candie Land...white folk like to show their ponies off and gamble and ? ...Some of these hoes are as young as 13...So Washington and Cohen are at Candie Land...Cohen plays Candie at poker...Loses...Candie shoots hims...goes to get his new pony...Snatches her while she's sleepin'...chases her around the saloon naked...Just like in them old westerns...

ideal role for her
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And from what I could gather...Kerry doesn't have that many lines...
    I would have preferred her to be a strong-willed, iron-hearted slave...Who takes the punishment she gets like a true G...And is like, '? all crackers'...But she's a damsel in distress down to the last...how she becomes Candie's slave is some silliness...Basically...They call young, nice lookin' slave-hoes 'ponies'...At some pony auction, some Sacha Baron Cohen's family buy her for him...Coz he's a loser and a ? ...And he falls in love with her...Its not clear whether she has feelings for him...But she'd much rather be there than anywhere else...She gets dinner table privileges...So at Candie Land...white folk like to show their ponies off and gamble and ? ...Some of these hoes are as young as 13...So Washington and Cohen are at Candie Land...Cohen plays Candie at poker...Loses...Candie shoots hims...goes to get his new pony...Snatches her while she's sleepin'...chases her around the saloon naked...Just like in them old westerns...

she might get nominated for an oscar
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Even if she does would that be a good thing? Look at all the black people that won Oscars since the year 2000:

Denzel - ? Cop
    Halle - Terrible ? mother
    Forrest - Killing Dictator Tyrant
    Monique - Dead Beat abusive Mother
    Octavia - Maid during civil rights

See a pattern? Outside of Jamie's "Ray" and Jennifer Hudson which both dealt with music (Love to give Blacks awards about music ? ) they love to award Blacks playing such tragic characters, they rarely ever give an uplifting Black Performance an Oscar. So Kerry has to play a slave getting rapped and run around naked to get an Oscar? SMH.

"Why did Halle have to pop a white man to get an oscar, Why did Denzel have to be crooked before he took it" - Jada

So damn true Kiss.

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

idk.....i'm not familiar with her so i have no idea what y'all are talkin about lol. is she married to a white dude or somethin?

Lets just say she would have no problem getting ? by some white guys lol
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at kerry askin can we do another take

smh at the director yelling cut cause kerry get on top

smh at kerry bussin a nut

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Even if she does would that be a good thing? Look at all the black people that won Oscars since the year 2000:

Denzel - ? Cop

See a pattern? Outside of Jamie's "Ray" and Jennifer Hudson which both dealt with music (Love to give Blacks awards about music ? ) they love to award Blacks playing such tragic characters, they rarely ever give an uplifting Black Performance an Oscar. So Kerry has to play a slave getting rapped and run around naked to get an Oscar? SMH.

"Why did Halle have to pop a white man to get an oscar, Why did Denzel have to be crooked before he took it" - Jada

So damn true Kiss.

While this is true...You don't get too many blacks in major roles that are Oscar worthy...Maybe Will Smith in Pursuit of Happyness..
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those shots look pretty good. I read the script online and I think this will clearly be his most controverial film of his career. Black Issues are always complicated especially when dealing with Slavery. Only "The Roots" was about to capture the accuracy of the time. Based on the script I could see people complaining about it, it has rapings, slave fight pits and Dogs eating slaves. Also again a lot of slave ? in it. I think the cast is amazing like all Tarantino films but he needs to be careful cause he got a lot of flack for the whole "? Storage" fiasco in "Pulp Fiction" and you know "? " will be said 1,000 times in this one. But the photos look dope. I'm happy Will Smith didn't take this cause he played a slave in a western already with "Wild Wild West" and a slave ghost in "Bagger Vance" but Will does need to broaden his roles outside of saving the world from aliens. I think Jamie will do a good job. Leo is doing anything and everything for that Oscar, it's like he's beggin for it at this point.

a slave or a black cow boy???

what was, hitch? 7lbs? Pursuit of happiness??? shark tales? ali?? bad boys 1 &2 ??

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ outta that lot only Ali is trill, the rest are popcorn fodder or average
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's worth, Kerry Washington already played a ? victim in this film:

MV5BMTIyMDQwMTUzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk2MDUyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iphS7S2pDwk

I haven't seen the film though.

Wish the actors luck, but I can't support no Tarantino films.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i don't have a problem with the film's subject matter, i do have a problem with the content, as in Kerry getting ? 3 times.

who get ? 3 times? movies don't even have 3 love scenes, and i know theirs gonna be some other crazy controversial ? .

people don't understand, how color, lights, & sound affects the human mind. music is more than music, ppl don't realize that ? .

and theirs reasons 2 why certain movies get made , and certain don't.
    a movie about the "Haitian Revolution" been talked about for damn near a decade, yet never happened.

i think watching a movie is more powerful than reading a book. in movies you have lights (u in a dark ass rooms) you have sound (music), u have color (costumes, certain scenes) u have everything in place that affects the human mind, all u gotta do is show the content.

this movie is gonna sit at number 1, crackers can't wait 2 relive the "Glory Days".

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Denzel - ? Cop

So damn true Kiss.

thats my point
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ill reseve my judgement till i see it....
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Errm...I've got no beef with slave films...none at all...as a writer myself, all topics should be available for you to cover...But Tarantino just seems to have this obsession with blacks...Dunno...And do we need to see more than one ? ?...If I kno' Tarantino, the scene will be very graphic...Gonna read the script...I'll be back...

No hate, but can you explain why you feel he has an unhealthy obsession with blacks? What percentage of his work has revolved around blacks? I'm asking because I've seen a lot of Tarantino's films, and other than this one, the only one I can think of that heavily focused on blacks was Jackie Brown. Yeah, he's had black characters, but how does that support the idea he has an obsession with blacks. The thing with Tarantino is that he seems to overplay a lot of the brutal and crude elements in his movies. This one is following in that pattern. You guys are just getting mad because of the slavery aspect, but seriously, most of the criticisms being made about this movie and the characters in this movie can be said about his other works and characters too regardless of their race.

I'm not saying this ? is going to be good, and honestly it does sound like he's going overboard, but it does seem like you guys are complaining about the wrong stuff. If you don't like Tarantino's style of movie making, that's cool, but what's the point of reading about this movie and bashing Tarantino as if he's just being crude because the movie has a heavy black element when in truth all of his movies are like that.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Errm...I've got no beef with slave films...none at all...as a writer myself, all topics should be available for you to cover...But Tarantino just seems to have this obsession with blacks...Dunno...And do we need to see more than one ? ?...If I kno' Tarantino, the scene will be very graphic...Gonna read the script...I'll be back...

No hate, but can you explain why you feel he has an unhealthy obsession with blacks? What percentage of his work has revolved around blacks? I'm asking because I've seen a lot of Tarantino's films, and other than this one, the only one I can think of that heavily focused on blacks was Jackie Brown. Yeah, he's had black characters, but how does that support the idea he has an obsession with blacks. The thing with Tarantino is that he seems to overplay a lot of the brutal and crude elements in his movies. This one is following in that pattern. You guys are just getting mad because of the slavery aspect, but seriously, most of the criticisms being made about this movie and the characters in this movie can be said about his other works and characters too regardless of their race.

I'm not saying this ? is going to be good, and honestly it does sound like he's going overboard, but it does seem like you guys are complaining about the wrong stuff. If you don't like Tarantino's style of movie making, that's cool, but what's the point of reading about this movie and bashing Tarantino as if he's just being crude because the movie has a heavy black element when in truth all of his movies are like that.

Not unhealthy...just when you watch his films...'? ' just has to be included somewhere...I dunno...maybe 'obsession' wasn't the correct term...Not that I've got an issue with him usin' ? ...
  • Mowgli3.0
    Mowgli3.0 Members Posts: 13
    Options
    Movie is trash. I feel sorry for you nigroes that live in white areas going to see this in the caucasian theatre. Racist ass demons gonna be crackin up n u gonna be sittin there, furious, forcing laughs, like a house ? . Haw man what a demonic film.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @fortyacres&amule

Of course White's get Oscars for troubling roles, that wasn't my point, my point is more than not Blacks only get Oscars for troubling roles instead of uplifting roles. The fact that people are implying this could be an Oscar for Kerry Washington is troubling for me. Again she has to be a ? slaved to get an award? Halle had to get her back blown out by Billie Bob for the Academy to finally give a Black Woman Best Actress? let's not have a debate about the Oscar's racism cause it's well documented. These are the same Oscars that nominated Robert Downey Jr for playing a black man in Blackface while not giving a single black person an oscar nomination that year. The fact is this Race and Hollywoood are still a toxic mix cause of history. QT just better be careful cause this could go really bad if he's not. I still think he is out of his mind for releasing this on Christmas day. Like I told ppl, I got love for QT and I will not judge the movie until it's done but that script has me a little concerned.
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    a slave or a black cow boy???

what was, hitch? 7lbs? Pursuit of happiness??? shark tales? ali?? bad boys 1 &2 ??

Listen I love Will, i'm one of his biggest supporters but he does need to broaden his roles a little more. I'm not saying he hasn't tried cause he has but here we are again with "Men In Black 3". For the most part Will is playing "Save the world" roles, he needs to do more dramatic roles. Will is versatile, I'm not saying he's not but I would like him to play a villain, killer, ? , just something else. But I do agree that he should not have taken this movie after "Wild, Wild, West" and "Bagger Vance".
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    LOL

Y'all should be mad at the Black actors who accepted being in the film not QT

Was there outrage when he had Ving Rhames ? by a cracka cop in Pulp Fiction?

Tarantino's films are overly violent, racist, funny and entertaining. I thought this was public knowledge?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not unhealthy...just when you watch his films...'? ' just has to be included somewhere...I dunno...maybe 'obsession' wasn't the correct term...Not that I've got an issue with him usin' ? ...

I get that, but if the average black guy says "? " every five words. If he's making a black character like the one Sam L played in Jackie Brown, is it really that crazy to have him saying "? " frequently. If that movie was directed by a black guy, there wouldn't have been any issue. That in itself makes the issue BS.