Django Unchained First Screens (Picture) + Details

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @fortyacres&amule

Of course White's get Oscars for troubling roles, that wasn't my point, my point is more than not Blacks only get Oscars for troubling roles instead of uplifting roles. The fact that people are implying this could be an Oscar for Kerry Washington is troubling for me. Again she has to be a ? slaved to get an award? Halle had to get her back blown out by Billie Bob for the Academy to finally give a Black Woman Best Actress? let's not have a debate about the Oscar's racism cause it's well documented. These are the same Oscars that nominated Robert Downey Jr for playing a black man in Blackface while not giving a single black person an oscar nomination that year. The fact is this Race and Hollywoood are still a toxic mix cause of history. QT just better be careful cause this could go really bad if he's not. I still think he is out of his mind for releasing this on Christmas day. Like I told ppl, I got love for QT and I will not judge the movie until it's done but that script has me a little concerned.

dude got nominated for tropic thunder?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    dud got nominated for tropic thunder?

Best Supporting Actor 81st Acamedy Awards:

*Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight
    Josh Brolin – Milk
    Robert Downey, Jr. – Tropic Thunder
    Philip Seymour Hoffman – Doubt
    Michael Shannon – Revolutionary Road

*Winner

How disgraceful was that. They had the nerve to have Cuban Gooding Jr, introduce the award on top of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jrt2xoy5UHo
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Josh Brolin – Milk

*Winner

How disgraceful was that. They had the nerve to have Cuban Gooding Jr, introduce the award on top of that.

of course they got cuba

dude got a ugly white chick, last time i check
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude, it's a just movie. I know you guys gonna watch the movie anyway. Roots show got black people angry, Rosewood got black people angry but they didn't nothing do about it.

I understand that. Rosewood got me ? and got me mad but what can I do about it? that's how they live in back then. We're just in different era.

To be honest, Black people caught feelings very easily when come to racist yet, you have the same black people called each other "Sup my n!gga".. Jews people don't play like that but they know whos running this ? .

• darkrain
    Options

Josh Brolin – Milk

*Winner

Yeah, what do you except?. Its ? Hollywood. Will Smith is a ? ? to me.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Care For Inglorious or Deathproof...Ill wait for the DVD to drop.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    LOL

Y'all should be mad at the Black actors who accepted being in the film not QT

Was there outrage when he had Ving Rhames ? by a cracka cop in Pulp Fiction?

Tarantino's films are overly violent, racist, funny and entertaining. I thought this was public knowledge?

That part was originally offered to Sid Haig sid-haig.jpg
    (who was known for appearances in Blaxploitation films) but he turned down the part, Ving Rhames auditioned for it, and the rest is history.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umm can I get a backstory about this?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched this doc on Blaxploitation cinema a while back and Tarantino was interviewed for his work on Jackie Brown

Apparently QT is a fan of those films and he said he used to hang out in cinemas to watch 'em in the '70s
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok. So we know that Hollywood likes to keep Black people in a certain box. understanding this, why are we still relying on hollywood to do right and tell our stories. We are responsible for telling our own stories. the Nat Turners, the Vessy's the Cuban and Haitian Revolution. If we were to organize and invest in these film ideas and do them on an independent tip and submit them to the sundance film festival we'd get these movies out there as well as make some money with the right type of budgeting and marketing.

I have tons of ideas about movies and getting them done. I've got a lot of future and immediate projects in mind. We gotta author and control our own story. Holla at me in the PM anybody who wanna move on an idea like this.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Rich African American entertainers are most times not independent minded when it comes to funding projects that'll uplift the ancient African culture in America

Most of these Black multi millionaires were all made rich by Jews
  • Amotekun
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Rich African American entertainers are most times not independent minded when it comes to funding projects that'll uplift the ancient African culture in America

Most of these Black multi millionaires were all made rich by Jews

That's why I mean on a grassroots level. Instead of having one or two entertainers bank roll a project 20-30 small time people invest in a smaller independent project. Our own directors, actors, screenwriters. How many of these position have Black people in the wings just waiting for an opportunity that will never come via mainstream hollywood.
    How many more Reggie Hudlins are there in the world?
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    They've been good independent films made by Blacks.

The Black Power Mixtape is one you should check out
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    This movie gon' be controversial yo..
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Jamie foxx ol' ? self. Peep the symbolism of the photo. Call it reaching if you want to, but check how the black man is separated from the black woman by a white man and enclosed on both sides by white men.

these gods need to wake up man.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamie foxx ol' ? self. Peep the symbolism of the photo. Call it reaching if you want to, but check how the black man is separated from the black woman by a white man and enclosed on both sides by white men.

c'mon bruh...that's a super reach...director in the middle...If the two blacks were on one side and the whites on the other, you'd still complain...on some segregation vibe
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inglorious basterds was wack as ? to be honest
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah bruh...even u dont believe what u just typed....
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

You think?...I thought it was dope...Watched it yesterday
  • Amotekun
    Options

c'mon bruh...that's a super reach...director in the middle...If the two blacks were on one side and the whites on the other, you'd still complain...on some segregation vibe

hollywood is an industry thats all about symbolism and imagery duns. It seems wild an out there because it is these folks think on more occultic plane where symbols and images and words have power. These jokers have a science behind what they are doing. Can you honestly say that a movie in which the black female lead gets endlessly violated that displaying subconscious symbolism is beneath them.
    OG Propaganda machine @ work.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Another thing I wasn't really feelin' about the script...There isn't as much black on white violence as I'd expected...bein' a slavery movie, there is plenty of ? -violence...But not too much in the way of retribution...In Inglourious...the Jews spend the entire film killin' ? 's...I was hopin' for something similar here
  • darkrain
    edited May 2012
    Options

Lol. How in the hell you gonnna say Jamie Foxx is a ? and yet the fact Will Smith is a ? for kissing a white guy on the lips and sleep in bed with him when he was naked in the movie..where he played ? black guy and ? , looked up to rich white folk and yet you called Jamie Foxx is a ? ? and even Jamie Foxx will ? the slave master? so who win? Will or Jamie?