THE OFFICIAL 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Jamaicans better hope they have no people doping

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jamaican-sprinters-expect-more-drugs-tests-pound-204717922--spt.html

IOC official: Jamaican sprinters should expect more drugs tests
    LONDON (Reuters) - Jamaican athletes, who have dominated the sprint events at the London Olympics should now expect more visits by drugs testers, former anti-doping chief ? Pound said on Saturday.
    Usain Bolt stormed to victory in both the 100 and 200 meters with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce snatching gold in the women's 100 as the Caribbean island consolidated its ? of the blue riband events.

"No, they are one of the groups that are hard to test, it is (hard) to get in and find them and so forth," former World Anti-Doping Agency chief Pound told Reuters Television when asked whether he was happy with the way Jamaica tested its athletes.

"I think they can expect, with the extraordinary results that they have had, that they will be on everybody's radar," said Pound, an International Olympic Committee member.
    Jamaica won a clean sweep in the men's 200 with Yohan Blake and Warren Weir winning silver and bronze behind Bolt.

Blake was also second to Bolt in the 100 and the duo also combined with Nesta Carter and Michael Frater to retain the 4x100 relay title in a world record time. It was Bolt's third gold for the second successive Games.
    Veronica Campbell-Brown of Jamaica also claimed bronze in the women's 100m behind Fraser-Pryce.
    Pound said the IOC was still a long way away from winning the fight against doping with 11 athletes being expelled from the Games since the start of the Olympic period on July 16.

"I think it is too soon to say. I think we are gaining and getting better at science," said Pound, WADA's first president.

"We are starting to get better at smart testing. But there is a long way to go yet. In Churchillian terms, it is not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning."

Victor Conte, convicted owner of the now-defunct BALCO laboratory that was at the centre of a global doping scandal, had said earlier this week that 60 percent of athletes at the Games were on drugs.
    "He is probably more likely to know than we are. I hope it is not 60 per cent, but it is certainly a lot more than we are catching," Pound said.

"The drug testing that will be done here is first class. I would not expect many cases at the Olympics because if you test positive here you fail not a drugs test but an IQ test."
    The IOC will run more than 5,000 tests at the Games that end on Sunday.

More than 100 athletes were also caught using banned substances in the months leading up to the Games following increased testing by national and international anti-doping agencies, designed to root out cheats before they arrived in London.

Victor Conte said about 60% of athletes at the games are on drugs

Not surprised. Unless you lie about it under oath, the reward outweighs the risk.

How many people you know would take a drug that would get them millions in just a small 4 year window and the only risk is that the sports media and olympic-nerds will hate on you if/when you get caught?

I know dope dealers that take bigger risks just so they can get some rims on their car.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With that said Victor Conte stay lookin for attention..
  • s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did John Mcenroe (sp?) just tell U.Bolt that Elvis is the American, Bob Marley?

lol
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, I just watched the re-run of that mens 4x100 relay.. why didnt ? run the achor leg? bailey didnt have a chance up against bolt and them ? was actually running side by side for a lil while.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    thinking the same. Bailey looked stiff and like a deer in headlights.
    Dude looked like he had no heart at all.

But ? gave up ground to Y.Blake....i would;ve let Gatlin run last.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Anybody but bailey...bolt left his ass
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gatlin shouldve anchored....? probably should've started...let Bailey ran the curve the dude looked slow as hell
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, I just watched the re-run of that mens 4x100 relay.. why didnt ? run the achor leg? bailey didnt have a chance up against bolt and them ? was actually running side by side for a lil while.

They knew whoever ran against Bolt was going to get dusted. Their strategy was to try and build up a lead going into the last leg and hope Bailey could hold Bolt off. It wasn't a bad strategy. It didn't work, but that shouldn't be all that surprising considering 2 of the other 3 Jamaicans were top 5 fastest men in history.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    respect to jamaica but yohan blake's celebration is maaaad suspect

intro4.gif

? is that

i know the claws represent his nick name the beast

i dunno wtf that ? at the end stand for

but yea i loved the strategy by usa build a lead and hope baily can hold on lol @ that

carlton banks stunt double already said they put bolt at the anchor just in case jamaica gets behind

re watching it yohan made up mad ground on that turn by getting it even by the time baton came to bolt

best race i've ever seen
  • kAjUn
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    baily was tedo to bolts michael smh

and smh @ all usa people ? about bolt's cockyness

when you're that good you can say whatever you want

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol at the post race interview. Dude let Blake speak and you could tell he only understood about half of what Blake was saying. So he was like "? the rest of you ? . Let me go straight to Bolt. He's who everyone wants to hear and I know we can actually understand him."
  • kAjUn
    Options
    lol at the post race interview. Dude let Blake speak and you could tell he only understood about half of what Blake was saying. So he was like "? the rest of you ? . Let me go straight to Bolt. He's who everyone wants to hear and I know we can actually understand him."

Bolt speaks english very fluently, like i can understand every word. Majority of the time its like listening to jack jenkins from harlem knights smh
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yohan did make up ground on ? ..smh@?

Still wanna know who idea was it to put bailey at achor leg...but shidd it probably would'nt have mattered who was back there for team USA...bolt was gonna leave'em.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol @ people quibbling about the order. The Americans ran the best race America has ever run in that event, and the only team that has ever run faster was the one that beat them this time too. They had literally no chance.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ people quibbling about the order. The Americans ran the best race America has ever run in that event, and the only team that has ever run faster was the one that beat them this time too. They had literally no chance.

^ This.

It's gonna be real interesting come world championships if Tyson get back to the way he was back in 07. The US will have some sprinters you were injured returning to the track, and Jeff Demps, and some other college dudes.
    should be starting to mature by next year.

Only problem is Yohan Blake is only 22, so his times might be drop big time also.
  • kAjUn
    Options
    Yohan did make up ground on ? ..smh@?

Still wanna know who idea was it to put bailey at achor leg...but shidd it probably would'nt have mattered who was back there for team USA...bolt was gonna leave'em.

i swear that dude is half ostrich or some ?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    You know these white folk go wanna see him race a horse or sheep, some crazy ? just show how insane his speed is,or atleast thats what they would want to do.lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    You know these white folk go wanna see him race a horse or sheep, some crazy ? just show how insane his speed is,or atleast thats what they would want to do.lol

Jessie Owens did it. Why not Bolt?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    thinking the same. Bailey looked stiff and like a deer in headlights.
    Dude looked like he had no heart at all.

But ? gave up ground to Y.Blake....i would;ve let Gatlin run last.

c/s the bolded. i said the same thing. gatlin would've been a better choice against bolt. bailey looked like he was shooked b4 he even got off the blocks. once again, another bad decision by the track & field coaches. smh.

btw, who got the bronze??? lol! b/c usa and jamaica an so fast, i thought it was a 2 country race.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    respect to jamaica but yohan blake's celebration is maaaad suspect

intro4.gif

? is that

ok i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought lol! when i first saw it, i was like "wtf? is this ? about to bust out the 'Thriller' routine?" lol! then he did the pose along side bolt's pose after the relay. smh. no bruh, ? will NOT be copyin your pose.

• Topps
    Topps Members Posts: 447
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »

Bolt speaks english very fluently, like i can understand every word. Majority of the time its like listening to jack jenkins from harlem knights smh

Excuse my ignorance, but don't Jamaicans speak English? LOL

• Chef_Taylor
    Options

Jessie Owens did it. Why not Bolt?

No
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

^ This.

It's gonna be real interesting come world championships if Tyson get back to the way he was back in 07. The US will have some sprinters you were injured returning to the track, and Jeff Demps, and some other college dudes.
    should be starting to mature by next year.

Only problem is Yohan Blake is only 22, so his times might be drop big time also.

There is a young cat in Jamaica by the name Dexter Lee, he will end up being faster than Blake. Jamaica has a pipeline of young talent right now, Bolt done lit that spark.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could only imagine what the time would of been if Asafa was healthy, ? wouldn't even have been close by time the baton got to Bolt. lol