THE OFFICIAL 2012 SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD

Options

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    theyre about to pass the ceremony off to rio. lets see what they do. it will be a preview of things to come
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Rio, Imma let you finish, but Chicago would have hosted the best Olympics of all time! OF ALL TIME!
  • TheBossman
    edited August 2012
    Options
    the thing is with brazil is we NEVER heard their music or know anything about their customs. i just wanna see the them make a brazil uncut channel and show nothing but plump ? ? on nude beaches.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    tumblr_m8odhiYsz71r0jlbgo1_500.jpg

Nas trying to get some ? ? lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'm ready for football now too, but I can't front, the Olympics were good as hell to me this year. I watched more of the events than I ever have in the past. You really see some amazing ? as far as athletic accomplishment.

On an unrelated note, I know everyone in here is going to think I'm crazy for saying this, but after looking at that pic up there, I really don't think Lolo is all that cute. I mean she looks good no doubt, but I think she's overrated. She's not the prettiest chick in the world like some are acting. Hell, she's not even the prettiest female on the USA track team.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just wanna take this moment to thank the Olympics for making the gap between the NBA Finals and Football season a tad less suicidal.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    C/S the last two posts....these Olympics were inspiring as hell, you really do see some amazing things. For me, being that I run track, the whole thing is one of the best sporting two weeks a fan could ask for.....and the women aren't bad either.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shout out to the 1st black man ever (Keshorn Walcott, 19, from Trinidad and Tobago) winning gold in Javelin, game pretty much dominated by Europeans.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    smh this dude dont give a ?

1344843855_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

Pic taken by Kobe lmao
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    shout out to the 1st black man ever (Keshorn Walcott, 19, from Trinidad and Tobago) winning gold in Javelin, game pretty much dominated by Europeans.

Co sign.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the Olympics was ? brilliant this year. Maybe it was down to it being held on home turf this year and the sheer hype that led up to it, but overall it's been brilliant. As @EducatedForSumReason said it was massively inspiring. So many brilliant moments. 25 channels of nothing but Olympics so my life had pretty much been on hold for the past two weeks just trying to watch as much of it as possible.

Well done to Team GB as well bagging as many medals as they did and coming third in the medals table. For years they've been nothing but mediocre but ever since Beijing they've gone all out and smashed it in so many events.

Roll on Rio!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why everytime a live event came on NBC sports channels went black for me. The only ? I saw was the bicycle race the first weekend. BS. I called Charter and they sent out a repair guy. He reattached some lines and readjusted some stuff and I still didnt have my channel.

I was mad as hell. Thank ? for the internet, right? That ? was going out every other hour. Finally I called them and was like come get your ? . Finally all my channels work. MFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS soon as AT&T come this far outside of the ATL, I am switching. ? Charter!
  • TheBossman
    Options
    NBC's broadcast of the Olympics was trash. mostly because of the time difference, but it wasn't that much of an time difference that nbc couldn't show ? live. which they refused to do so they can show the "important" events in primetime for ratings. and really if you remember the "important" events happen between the 10pm time slot till the midnight hour.

oh yeah and let's not forget the constant plugs for their new tv shows...
  • northside7
    Options
    NBC's coverage of the Olympics was terrible. Yet they still got good ratings..
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a damn passport...im really tryna see rio 2016

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    NBC's coverage of the Olympics was terrible. Yet they still got good ratings..

only because they had exclusive rights
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a damn passport...im really tryna see rio 2016

that ? gonna be amazing......

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    co sign The olympics where great ,this is by far the most I ever watched from beginning to end....I thought nbc coverage was pure garbage especially with the ? storylines they where trying to force down viewers throat...someone needs to shoot bob costas ? ass ....track was epic as usual....usain bolt killed it I thought he cemented himself as a icon this Olympics, its crazy how much the crowd/fans responds to him....women's volleyball was that ? as well real joy to watch lol.....and c/s monk I don't see what people find attractive about lolo, she a lil cute in the face besides that idk what else is ? about her....
  • usmarin3
    Options
    LOLO face is too sharp, her jawline and her frame is too pronounced imo. She needs some more weight on her to me, not that i still wouldn't hit.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOLO face is too sharp, her jawline and her frame is too pronounced imo. She needs some more weight on her to me, not that i still wouldn't hit.

if she lets you.... lol
  • usmarin3
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »

if she lets you.... lol

Oh she will, word to Stevie J

stevie-j-and-mariah-1339710930.jpg

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah her jawline is insane in that nas pic
    I would still hit too if she let me...just to say I did..
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just in case y'all need motivation to punch your 2016 tickets, here's what waiting in Rio...

7a95a2f4.jpg

That opening ceremony is gonna be EPIC!!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Just in case y'all need motivation to punch your 2016 tickets, here's what waiting in Rio...

7a95a2f4.jpg

The whole damn opening ceremony will be blurred out.
  • northside7
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

7a95a2f4.jpg

2014 World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics. I gotta start saving my money.

Just imagine Brazil winning the world cup.......in Brazil! ? madness.