Options
    @cabana

true indeed

bad thiongs happened to the best of them
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Maybe you should stop praying and start evaluating your life. Make some moves.
    "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it" - Charles Swindoll
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no such thing as good or bad luck. Everything happens for a reason. Keep your head up and make wise choices. play the hand. Be the cause and create your own effects.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    I hate dervisions. That isn't pride you idiot. ? placed on Job what he knew he could handle. My natural born father wasn't easy on me and it built a man who can stand against any tide.

That thought process is found in ALL religions. Trials are given to build character and faith.

It's not necessary for you to detract from the purpose of this thread cause I mentioned the bible when this man asking for strength in his tough times.

Man, devil be pulling the strings of some of you folks.

Wtf is a dervision?

But since you want to compare you and your fathers relationship to a biblical account, lets say your father kileld your whole family aside you, burned your house down, and basically stripped you naked all to prove to another man that you would remain his faithful son.

How would you feel about your father after he killed your mother right infront of your eyes man?

Religion and logic will never get along.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    There is no such thing as good or bad luck. Everything happens for a reason. Keep your head up and make wise choices. play the hand. Be the cause and create your own effects.

There is no "everything happens for a reason", life doesn't work like that.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    Bad ? happens to everybody.. How you handle the bad determines how "good" you really are..

The pity party should have ended at this post ^^^^
  • Lord Ether
    Options
    @VIBE
    So do you believe in good and bad luck?
  • VIBE
    Options
    I believe ? just happens, there's no "bad/good" luck, there's no "reasons".
  • Lord Ether
    Options
    Every cause has its effect. Every effect has its cause. Everthing happens according to the law. Chance is but a name for the law not recognized. There are many planes of causation, but none escape this law.
  • blacktux
    Options
    Cause and effect has nothing to do with good and bad luck though.
  • Lord Ether
    Options
    That's the point there is no such thing as good or bad luck.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I see what you're saying, but "everything happens for reason" is looked at as a "? " thing. Someone who is left in a coma, "well, it's for a reason", like it's some purpose served for someone to learn from. That bs is ? .
  • Bodhi
    Options
    The reason is the cause
  • Bodhi
    Options
    the effect will become a cause and thus be preceded by an effect. This is the "reason"
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm starting not to believe in that everything happens for a reason ? . My pops told me today that he thinks somebody put something like a curse on my life cause something bad always happens this ? is uncanny when he said that it kinda blew my mind
  • blacktux
    Options
    If you dont believe everything happens for a reason then how can you believe in gods plan?

• straight sho
    straight sho Members Posts: 601
    Options
    ? be doin vodoo on your ass homie
  • texas409
    Options
    That's the point I'm starting not to believe in all that its like no matter how much you pray and have faith His decision on how to handle you is what matters in the end so why give a ? ?
  • texas409
    Options
    If the power of voodoo can out work the power of ? then damn that's some sad ?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you let what life throws at you decide if whether you're happy or not, you're in for a rollercoaster ride. A rollercoaster ride where you feel the lows the most and you can't enjoy your highs because you're pessimistic of the future.

Most "bad ? " is bad because you make it bad. Of course there are going to be things that put you down but you've gotta roll with the punches. If you want good things in life, you have to TAKE it. Sometimes it falls in your lap, but 99% of the time it's never when you want/need it. If you ain't satisfied with what's going on, figure out what you can do to make it better and DO IT.

Nobody deserves anything. Anything good you get out of life is either something you took or it was pure luck. And if you're on a bad luck streak pouting about a bag of money not falling from the sky, then well... Life will suck.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    *yeah i making this about religion so back out now*

T/S I recall your one of the more vocal christian posters on here, right?

See this is the problem with a belief system based upon living a "good life" just to curry favor with a deity/gain an eternal reward; and having that belief system reinforced because your ass was lucky enough to be born and raised in an industrialized, stable country....

....Is that when ? in your life goes bad, you've been living your life with such an entitlement complex, it ? rocks you to your core that it happened to you.

"HOW DARE MISFORTUNE ENTER MY LIFE!!! I'M A PRAYING ? FEARING CHRISTIAN!! I'M FAVORED!!"

Instead, how about we realize that misfortune affects everyone to varying degrees. And about 80% of the misfortune that most people bring about in their lives could've been avoided.

Improve where you know you can, eliminate the negativity that's under your control and be more aware of ? that isn't.

Your imaginary ? doesn't exist so stop taking misfortune personally. Fate is objective as ? , B.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ any adult ever believing in "everything happens for a reason"
  • VIBE
    Options
    Uh oh someone's faith is going down the drain.