I have a hard time seeing why Nas is so great.

Options

Comments

• Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on the real nas has seemed like he's lost a step since HHID
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ hiphopisalive
    Ghost does that alot, especially on Supreme Clientelle. He does that run on flow ? where he force as many worlds in his bars. I like when Nas spits normal, dude is chasing the drums all on Nasty, he was never in the pocket.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "write in my little vignettes, sipping moet
    ? when you vision me, you vision the best
    when i was young the called me olu's son
    now he's nas father, i was the good seed
    he was the wise gardener"
    <---DAMN!!

I looked at the topic title and thought I would never read anything like that on a hip-hop site. I usually can respect a ? 's opinions...no matter how ridiculous but to say Nas aint great is like saying lions can't hunt or eagles can't fly, the ? makes zero sense. I can't even....
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/S this is a very bad first impression your giving me. Shape up mister.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i slapped distant relatives in the whip i lost conciousness ramming 3 cars and hitting a light pole

luckily my insurance covers me for comatose causing music
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listen to "Verbal Intercourse" and then proceed to slap fire out ya smart/?

...he kickin ? ya need to learn though
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    **Lurks into thread, notices the T/S that created this thread is an Eminem fanatic with a wack ass biased opinion and steps out.**

Oh yeah..? your thread....directed @Jaw Breaker
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What does him being an eminem fan have to do with anything? If he thinks nas is boring then that's his opinion. IMO nas isn't boring while I consider eminem to be wack, don't get me wrong em is a lyricist by his music is wack to me.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    What does him being an eminem fan have to do with anything? If he thinks nas is boring then that's his opinion. IMO nas isn't boring while I consider eminem to be wack, don't get me wrong em is a lyricist by his music is wack to me.

A lot. Ask ShadyTeam.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank ? shatters isn't here anymore.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow seriously....you can't understand why people call him the goat Storytelling,Concepts, lyrics, subject matter no one does this better. Who has made a more relevant album than untitled when in comes to the black community in recent years. What the ? do u listen to.lyrics for?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shadyteam. Damn auto correct smh.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u might as well call it da nas and all hip hop board cuz the board belongs to Nas!
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why you'all ? on the thread starter?

He asked a legit question and no one's giving him a straight answer. If you'all really feel Nas is as great as you say then it shouldn't be that hard to give a real response.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options

He asked a legit question and no one's giving him a straight answer. If you'all really feel Nas is as great as you say then it shouldn't be that hard to give a real response.

No need to take up for him. It's obvious that he's not really up on his Hip Hop knowledge about Nas and his music career to ask that question and is possibly trolling.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bars posted weren't spectacular...Not really feelin' the way Life Is Good is shapin' up...I like Daughters and Bye Baby, though
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Captain!
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaw breaker

I dont respect u.
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Open your ? eyes and ears!
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    u might as well call it da nas and all hip hop board cuz the board belongs to Nas!

Cosign because Nas is the people's champ of hip hop. AllHipHop is the most versatile hip hop forum on the internet. We all listen to all types of rap music but last time there was a poll with over 1000 respondents on who the GOAT is Nas won overwhelmingly.

Life is good!
  • alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now u done got scrappy mad talkin bout nas aint great

2dltzkz.jpg
  • Axel Realest
    Axel Realest Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    [quote="Jaw Breaker"

"write in my little vignettes, sipping moet
    ? when you vision me, you vision the best
    when i was young the called me olu's son
    now he's nas father, i was the good seed
    he was the wise gardener"

"when you're too hood to be in the hollywood circles
    and you're too rich to be in the hood that birthed you
    and you become better than the legends
    you thought were the greastest
    and out grow the women you thought you would stay with
    life becomes clearer when you wipe down your mirrior"

To which somebody replied..

"oh ? Nas going in"

What are these people seeing that im not? can somebody explain this ? because I feel like im missing the big picture.[/quote
    oh ? , Nas going in! let me TRY to explain this ? . The first verse Nas is saying as he is writing he is ? but thats when he is at his best, when he was young he was he was normal known as his fathers son, now he has made itpeople know his father because of Nas,what his father planted has come to fruition.

The second verse Nas is explaining that he doesnt fit in because he knows better than what he used to and has out grown certain things s and he notices is this when he cleans his mirror and looks at himself properly. Keeps it real.

Nas ? is poetry just like Shakespeare,. Not to easy not to complex.
  • HassanCHOP
    HassanCHOP Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the ts is from england and listens to a white ? that rapped about being ? by his step daddy
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont really listen to Nas like that can go years without hearing him but he got some songs I liked. I know i can, the one with lauren hill, It aint hard to tell, the older one with kool g rap, etc. I have no problem with him,. I aint against him and not gon insult him. I just dont listen to him like that. I just let the internet folks be on this subject cause nobody gon sucker me into arguin and throwin insults back and fourth over nothing as they do over this subject. Im (thankfully) ahead of this game.