I have a hard time seeing why Nas is so great.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ all the 'wacks' T/S got for this thread.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    I gave some simple explanation earlier....not even an explanation....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....i dont see how that ? is arguable......if you dont see that ? then its on you.....dude been in the game since 17 basically grew up in this ? .....all that other bs is subjective cats dont like the production i have no problem with it.....if people blow things out of proportion dont take it out on the rapper...lol....out of all the rappers that get hyped up on this site, you only have a problem with nas?...lol

Where is that explanation? I went through the thread again but don't see it. I must have missed it.

As for what your saying here, it's not on the thread starter to guess why the IC feels the way they do about Nas. Given the level of praise and admiration he gets here it's perfectly reasonable to ask for some kind of explanation.

Otherwise those people are just being fanatics and have worthless opinions, which undermines the point of the forum in the first place.

....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....

Thats all the explanation that most should need homie......people that really follow hip hop know why this dude is respected like he is thats y some mite have issues with what the t/s said......if you respect the lyrical aspect of this ? there is no way you should have a hard time seeing why nas gets props.....Now if you want to rag on the few cats on the board that go overboard cool.....but i c this as attention seeking or someone upset that a rapper gets talked about on a message board more than their favorites do.....and thats pretty sad to me

That's just a statement, not an explanation. As I said, listing accomplishments is meaningless without some kind of comparison.

There are a lot of rappers who have done what Nas has, so why does he get all the credit for it?

Thats just one of them internet things. Its one of them things that dont matter. Who somebody promotes or tries to discredit means nothing to me or anyone in the real world. Everybody listens to what they want. Some of the main rappers I like get hated on here, but that just means theyre doin their thing. So if people wanna promote a certain rapper and down another thats their concern not mine. Doesnt effect my life.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gave some simple explanation earlier....not even an explanation....but like people have said Nas is one most prolific hip hop writers ever....i dont see how that ? is arguable......if you dont see that ? then its on you.....dude been in the game since 17 basically grew up in this ? .....all that other bs is subjective cats dont like the production i have no problem with it.....if people blow things out of proportion dont take it out on the rapper...lol....out of all the rappers that get hyped up on this site, you only have a problem with nas?...lol

Where is that explanation? I went through the thread again but don't see it. I must have missed it.

As for what your saying here, it's not on the thread starter to guess why the IC feels the way they do about Nas. Given the level of praise and admiration he gets here it's perfectly reasonable to ask for some kind of explanation.

Otherwise those people are just being fanatics and have worthless opinions, which undermines the point of the forum in the first place.

Thats all the explanation that most should need homie......people that really follow hip hop know why this dude is respected like he is thats y some mite have issues with what the t/s said......if you respect the lyrical aspect of this ? there is no way you should have a hard time seeing why nas gets props.....Now if you want to rag on the few cats on the board that go overboard cool.....but i c this as attention seeking or someone upset that a rapper gets talked about on a message board more than their favorites do.....and thats pretty sad to me

That's just a statement, not an explanation. As I said, listing accomplishments is meaningless without some kind of comparison.

There are a lot of rappers who have done what Nas has, so why does he get all the credit for it?

lol.....damn i was about finished with this thread b.....all im gonna say is some things are self explanatory and skilled emcees always get their due from me.....take ya issues up with someone else......peace
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally think you not understanding and not aware of what he's talking about. For the most part, Nas and many conscious rappers only talk about what is going on from talking about Politics, the community to the life story which most people can somewhat relate for some of the most...plus, he's being real with it. He's one of the few rappers from the 90s that can bring music to a mature audience and younger audience without sellout just for the love of money by only being one dimensional which is why most of these rappers can come and go, people yet don't give a ? .

Excuse my typos, I'm on mobile.
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Ms. Sweeetface.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    u know what's funny tho, up till recently almost every reason thread ended detailing how much "NAS lost".

seeing so much ? on the NAS bandwagon now is weird as ? ....prisoner of the moment ass ? .
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thats just one of them internet things. Its one of them things that dont matter. Who somebody promotes or tries to discredit means nothing to me or anyone in the real world. Everybody listens to what they want. Some of the main rappers I like get hated on here, but that just means theyre doin their thing. So if people wanna promote a certain rapper and down another thats their concern not mine. Doesnt effect my life.

Those people can keep their emotions on Twitter then. I come here for some kind of discussion. If people can have reasonable, objective debates, then don't visit a discussion forum.

lol.....damn i was about finished with this thread b.....all im gonna say is some things are self explanatory and skilled emcees always get their due from me.....take ya issues up with someone else......peace

I wasn't going at you or anything. I'm just making the point that since this is a forum, we're supposed to have some kind of discussion. Instead all we get is fanatical comments.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a hard time seeing why Emenim is so great but that ? ain't worthy of a thread.
  • NotAName4
    NotAName4 Members Posts: 27
    Options
    He has no market appeal what lets down his brand identity. Although his music can be appreciated he can't target the larger population into buying his ? . I like his music personally, though its hit and miss with him.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ aged rap bein sunt to bolivia
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BoiiMcfly wrote: »
    BoiiMcfly wrote: »
    Life is good is kinda wacc to me too+this forum has an abundance of nasir dickriders so they overrate everything duke does

? be tryna big up that wacc ass distant relatives album that album garbage

you obviously know nothing about hip hop, calling life is good, distant relatives and nas' catalog wack. Who do you listen to fam? Drake? And if everyone praising his new album are dickriders, then why is getting great reviews from critics as well?

Lol @ the bolded

I dont know anything about hip hop because I think nas last 2 albums are trash

Brilliant analysis nas groupies stay lookin stupid

First of all, you're obviously biased because you didn't answer my questions. Second, calling albums trash without a valid explanation means nothing to me. You seem like nothing more than a Jay stan that can't get over the fact that ya mans got murdered on Ether. And I ain't a Nas groupie btw, but I grew up on real hiphop and have seen Nas' progress. If you think Distant Relatives is garbage you're either a teen, or do not understand what is being said on that record, because that record is war from wack and finally touches on subjects other than the stereotypical ? ya favorite rappers such as Camron drop. But it's all good fam, hopefully you will grow up and learn to appreciate real hip hop.

The albums trash cuz I said so

I dont have to drop an explanation.Life is good has 4 four food songs distant relatives has zero

I dont care whats bein said on that record,If u dont agree who gives a fucc

I'm with you as far as being less than stellar to me. I wouldn't call it trash, but I definitely feel he could have done a lot better. It's about what I expected from Nas. It's another album from him that won't get played more than twice, but I'm still a fan so I buy his ? . I can't knock the people who love it because they have their reasons. Some just need to realize that just because you like it doesn't mean the next person has to like it. And not liking a Nas album doesn't make anyone less hip hop than the next person. It just means they don't like it. Hell, I'd rather listen to Apollo Brown & OC's Trophies as well as Casual's He Still Think He Raw over Life Is Good, but Nas is still a great & I applaud the brother for his longevity.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    When your younger, you wanna fit in more with the crowd and your not as sure of yourself as when your mature. (hopefully) you develop who you are as you get older. Thats all thats happening here. If the mob is sayin "this is good" and "this is bad" its easy to follow if you dont know no better. Im way past that stage.Thats why i could care less who somebody says is "good" on here, I make up my own mind. I aint no sheep.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    No one disputin this^