My Quest to Read All X-Men Related Comics in Order from Beginning to Present time

Options

Comments

• SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadpool #7 & Deadpool/Daredevil Annual 1997
    Deadpool brings Typhoid Mary back to the Hell House and shows her off to the other hired killers. He plans to have her do jobs in order to pay off the debt for breaking her out of the mental hospital. Turns out that T-Ray (Deadpool's arch enemy) was once in a relationship with her. Deadpool later kicks her out of a window accidental, and she randomly has a memory of Daredevil, and tells Wade they need to go ? him.

Wade lets her go to the City first, where she winds up killing like 10 people who wronged her in the past. Deadpool meets up with Daredevil and works with him to go find her, as he did not know she was going to be killing innocent people. Finally when they all come together, Typhoid Mary tells Daredevil that her condition was accidentally caused by a pre-Daredevil Matt Murdock. He had tracked a villain down to the brothel where Mary worked. He attacked the man, but to his surprise, the girls working there came at him. Panicking, he lashed out, knocking Mary out the window. It was at this moment that Mary somehow became Typhoid Mary, vowing no man would ever hurt her again. Daredevil, finally realizing that he is not a murderer, apologizes but will not take responsibility for what she became. After completing a long rant, Mary can not take hearing anymore and kind of passes out. Deadpool takes her with him back home, saying he will keep trying to help her and that he knew all along this would be like one big therapy session.

Deadpool gettin it in:

2niofpc.jpg

The Deadpool/Daredevil 1997 Annual was hella good though, recommend reading it.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I have issues 1-84 of the Classic X-Men series. These are reprints of the series starting from issue 94, when Logan, ' Roro, Kurt and Pioter joined the team. Which basically saved the series from being cancelled. In you reading, so you find that less is more, meaning that the mutants are at their best when there's no more than three X-Titles. In the 90's Marvel was doing too much with all of those damn X-books, reserructions, and everybody being related to Scott and Jeanie.

I prefer just three X-titles when Claremont was doing the writing, the story writing seemed more conherent and the continuity was tigther. Also you notice in those when Storm'em came, Storm was actually the focual point of the team, and I throughly enjoined the "big sister/little sister," relationship she had with Kitty.

In your opinion is Wolverine overexposed, (pardoned the pun,) and if so, which character do you think should have gotten more shine?
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those Classic X-Men/X-Men Classic books are what got me hooked on X-Men period.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word, the ones I originally started with were actually my boys, then I some how ended up with them. I really enjoyed the filler stories Claremont did for those. They were really cool character driven stories, especially the one about the Phoenix.

The best story arches are The Proteous story ach, the one with the Brood, (when Wolverine fought off the infection,) and of course The Dark Phoenix Saga. Individual highlights include the death of Apache, when Logan admitted his respect for Scott, when Logan, Nightcrawler, and Colossus saw Storm naked and she wasn't trippin, Kitty's freaky young ass wanting to ? Pietor, Phoneix turning Mastermind into a babbling idiot, and of course Phoenix taking out an entire solar system.

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word, the ones I originally started with were actually my boys, then I some how ended up with them. I really enjoyed the filler stories Claremont did for those. They were really cool character driven stories, especially the one about the Phoenix.

The best story arches are The Proteous story ach, the one with the Brood, (when Wolverine fought off the infection,) and of course The Dark Phoenix Saga. Individual highlights include the death of Apache, when Logan admitted his respect for Scott, when Logan, Nightcrawler, and Colossus saw Storm naked and she wasn't trippin, Kitty's freaky young ass wanting to ? Pietor, Phoneix turning Mastermind into a babbling idiot, and of course Phoenix taking out an entire solar system.

I remember reading those joints thinking that the were the greatest stories ever told.

And then I felt like a complete ? when I realized that those were reprints of stories that came out in the late 70s/early 80s.
  • Jack Roller
    Jack Roller Confirm Email Posts: 24
    Options
    This ? is crazy. I thought about trying to read every issue of Hulk or Supes - but every X-book? Insanity.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I read every Uncanny and X-men issue from when Gambit got there which was Uncanny X-men 266. I prolly should read those other issues but....? it
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    I'll be getting back on this soon, been real busy this month.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Psylocke & Archangel: The Crimson Dawn #1-4
    From previous issues, we saw that Psylocke was nearly killed by Sabretooth, but her life was saved when Angel, Wolverine and Gomurr the Ancient retrieved the Crimson Dawn when she drank. However, this came with a price. She is becoming increasingly brutal and less sensitive, which is creating problems between her and Archangel. The Shogun named Kuragari has come into power over the Crimson Dawn by slaying Tar, who used to be in control. He is able to capture Psylocke after forcing her to wear a ring that has bound her to him.
    Angel was sent to the Crimson Dawn realm to save her, and ack on Earth, Tar’s spirit visited Gomurr, thanking him for the burial and explaining that their past years of enmity had only served one purpose – training lessons for Gomurr to become the rightful next Proctor. Accepting the mantle passed on to him, Gomurr too crossed over to the Crimson Realm and helped Archangel. In order to release Betsy from the Dawn’s hold, Warren sacrificed an unknown amount of his own life-force to pay the debt. Now free of Kuragari’s influence, Betsy’s darkened skin vanished and together they managed to drive Kuragari away. While the lovers returned home, Gomurr remained behind in his new home.

X-Factor #125
    Multiple Man rescues Strong Guy from government captivity, but Strong Guy almost has another heart attack when he uses his powers again. Multiple Man disappears, feeling guilty for almost killing his friend again. X-Factor takes Strong Guy in and Forge creates a device that will help him to be able to use his powers without damaging himself further.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    These next g issues are known as the Prologue to Operation: Zero Tolerance.

Generation X #27-28 & X-Men v2 #62-65
    Jubilee is being interrogated/tortured by Bastion for information regarding the X-Men. He comes up with lies about her being the last X-Men alive and tries to go into her brain to relive memories of hers. However, he doesn't get very far as she is too stubborn. Meanwhile, Banshee thinks he has figured out where the rest of the young mutants are.

Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Cannonball & Storm are in Hong Kong where they meet Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu. They want his help to track down Sebastian Shaw, who they believe is after the Elixir Vitai, which may hold a cure to the Legacy Virus. After a brief battle the X-Men and Shang-Chi enter into a temporary truce with Sebastian Shaw, who secretly is handed Moira McTaggert‘s legacy virus data by Rory Campbell. Cannonball follows a mysterious rickshaw driver to the Fujikawa company. Later the X-Men invade the same company since they think it has the Elixir Vitae. They find the Kingpin waiting for them. Turns out that he has the same plan for the Elixir as Sebastian. With the X-Men, Kingpin & Shaw at a standoff, Storm decides to use her powers and destroy the base and the Elixir. This ends the confrontation, but it may have destroyed a possible Legacy Virus cure.

2u63709.jpg

On their way home from Hong Kong, the X-Men's plane is literally stopped in mid-air by Operation: Zero Tolerance. Banshee and Emma Frost were alerted to this and immediately headed to help. Meanwhile, the Generation X students were able to get to Los Angeles, and at the same time Jubilee had attacked one of Bastions servants which causes a bunch of mechanical bees to attack her.

One by one, the OZT forces take out Cannonball, Cyclops and Storm. Eventually, they also capture Wolverine and Jean Grey as well and take them all into custody. All of this is caught on television and most of the general populace is happy except for a select few. Among those not happy about what is happening include Iceman (who immediately leaves to go help), his father, and Cecilia Reyes. At the Xavier Institute, Bastion and more of his forces break in and Bastion is able to access Xavier’s computer and all his encrypted files.

Operation: Zero Tolerance has officially begun.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited October 2012
    Options
    X-Force #67-68
    The Mutant Liberation Front took over a medical research center in Missouri believing that they were secretly developing another form of the Legacy Virus. They become surrounded by Zero Tolerance operatives, and Domino, Siryn & Sunspot show up to help. They make their way inside the building only to find that they are all trapped, and Zero Tolerance has the upperhand. It is at this point that Dani Moonstar reveals to everyone that she is an agent of SHIELD.

Dragoness, Tempo and Wildside are captured, but Domino sacrifices herself so that Moonstar, Forearm, Sunspot and Siryn are able to escape. Outside they realize that Meltdown, Rictor and Shatterstar are not present. Commander Gryaznova leads a squad into the Wakeman Center and Gryaznova is very pleased when they find Domino, and informs her soldiers that she will take care of Domino personally. Gryaznova lies to Bastion, assuring him that Domino escaped. At a safe location, Moonstar apologizes to Forearm for being undercover in the MLF. Forearm is hurt as he had feelings for Dani and he runs off from the group. Domino wakes in a facility, where Gryaznova reveals that the two of them have already met, explaining that she has traced Domino’s exploits for years, following her myriad of aliases around the world. Domino denies all these exploits of course, until Gryaznova details an assignment Domino did many years ago involving the rescue of Dr. Rebecca Schuyler, which resulted in Domino destroying an advanced robot which was cybernetically linked to Gryaznova, and rendered her in a coma. Gryaznova explains that she was then reborn as a Prime Sentinel, hoping that Bastion’s crusade would eventually lead her to Domino for revenge. She then renders Domino unconscious again, only for Domino to wake up on an operating table with three doctors ready for action - her luck as officially run out! Meanwhile, Warpath begins his mission for Sledge, into a parallel world to find an associate of Sledge’s, and in return, Sledge promises to give him information which will lead Warpath to Michael Whitecloud, who has information about the massacre that killed Warpath’s people.

Cable #45-47
    Cable receives word from G.W. Bridge that Zero Tolerance has ambushed the Xavier Institute where Caliban is resting. He decides he must go there to stop them from harming him as well as stop them from gaining the secret files of Charles Xavier. He is able to free Caliban and secure the files, right before meeting Bastion face to face. He can not ? Bastion because he has already downloaded the cerebro information and told his soldiers to ? all mutants on the disk if any harm comes to him, therefore the two must part ways at a stalemate. Cable is suspicious that Bastion is something other than human.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited October 2012
    Options
    X-Force #69-70
    3091u8i.jpg

We see that Domino has been severely weakened after being operated on, as she is found somewhere in Oklahoma. Meanwhile, Siryn, Sunspot & Dani Moonstar attack Ekatarina Gryaznova in order to free the other X-Force members. At the same time, James Proudstar finds Vanisher in an alternate dimension where Sledge sent him.

Underneath the Xavier Institute, Cable goes back to retrieve Caliban however he comes in contact with Ozymandias who is basically a slave of Apocalypse. He wipes Cable's mind leaving him with a memory of leaving Caliban with a friend, and then he takes Caliban away with him, apparently back to Apocalypse.

After the other X-Force members are rescued, the team flies to Oklahoma and picks up Domino. However, she decides to take time away from the team. Cable has a talk with the rest of the team and they basically declare their independence. Cable accepts this and leaves them to be on their own.

X-Man #30
    Nate is called on by Cable to protect the lives of Jean Grey's parents and her niece and nephew. He is able to secure them just in time and trick a sentinel into believing they had all been killed, before bringing the children back to their grandparents. Unfortunately, Nate is now running on empty and Zero Tolerance knows of his existence.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    Uncanny X-Men #346
    Spider-Man intervenes when Callisto and Marrow attack Peter Henry Gyrich. Callisto is wounded during the battle, and Spidey is able to convince Marrow not to get revenge, so she takes her underground. Meanwhile, Jonah Jameson of the Daily Bugle is approached by Bastion with a disk full of information regarding the true identities of many mutants. However, Jameson refuses and promises Bastion that he will find out more about him and bring him down.

X-Factor #136
    Sabretooth is finally set free of his inhibitor collar by someone in the government who has planted him in X-Factor all along (possibly a man named Bowser). He goes wild in the X-Factor base and severely attacks Forge, Mystique, Shard, Wild Child & Polaris before making his escape.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    Generation X #29-31
    The Generation X students wind up being set up by Skin's ex girlfriend, Tores, in his hometown, but when Zero Tolerance almost kills her too, she takes their side as the make their escape. Meanwhile Emme & Banshee run into Emplate's sidekick who tells them that Emplate can give them the location of the kids in return for Penance.

Shockingly, Emma Frost telepathically knocks out Banshee in order to make the deal, feeling it is the lesser of two evils. Also, Jubilee is approached by a female member of Zero Tolerance who found out the is a bit less than human, and decides that if Jubilee is a freak, then so is she. Therefore she decides to help Jubilee escape.

Banshee wakes up and punches Emma just before she makes the transaction and Emplate flees. He tells her that she is no longer welcome at the school. Jubilee is able to escape thanks to the heroic efforts of the servant of Bastion. The other students have one final run in with the Sentinels and a huge explosion occurs, we know for sure that Synch and M have survived, but it seems that M has turned into two young girls...

mIAiG.jpg

I am intrigued by this M chick, she seems to be the strongest student of Generation X and has the most interesting back ground.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    X-Men v2 #66
    We meet a female Doctor in New York named Cecilia Reyes who is worried about Operation Zero Tolerance because she has been living with the secret of being a mutant for her entire life. It all comes to an end when a Sentinel attacks her at the hospital. When she uses her power to create a force field around herself, her secret is official lost. She is saved by Iceman and she escapes with him, begrudgingly because she had apparently been promised never to be outed by Charles Xavier when he asked her to be an X-Man years ago.

Meanwhile, we see that Cannonball, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey & Cyclops are all in custody of Bastion in the old Hulkbuster Base.

Wolverine v2 #115
    Thinking Wolverine dead, the guards at the Hulkbuster base take off his shackles to prepare for incineration. Obviously, he wakes up and the X-Men are able to find a way to escape.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    X-Factor #137
    X-Factor is being treated at a hospital after the Sabretooth attack, when Havok & Fatale arrive to teleport them away before the government comes in and finishes off the job. Meanwhile, Sabretooth kills the parents of Trevor Chase (the boy Mystique has spent her life trying to protect) and before he kills the kid, he is stopped by Stone, a member of the mutant hound program Sabretooth is now a part of.

Uncanny X-Men #347
    Beast, Gambit, Joseph, Rogue, Bishop and Deathbird make their way back to earth, but are split up in the process. Gambit runs into 3 Bounty Hunters whom he had worked with in the past named Spat, Grovel & Landscape.

20jk2s.jpg

They plan to bring him in for his previous crimes, apparently they were affected by something he did in the past. However, Remy breaks free from them and as the X-Men make their escape, they are stopped by Nanny and the Orphan-Maker.

2ajrzw0.jpg

Excalibur #111-112
    A lifetime friend of Peter Wisdom is killed by a woman from Peter's past, when he gets too close to discovering some valuable information about her. Meanwhile, Colossus & Meggan's plane is struck down by a suicide bomber, and Colossus must carry Meggan through the snowy mountains to safety.

Wolverine #116-117
    Senator Robert Kelly finally has an epiphany and decides he wants to shut down Operation: Zero Tolerance, knowing this will start a huge conflict. Wolverine and the other X-Men who escapes Bastion, arrive at a base where injured humans are being converted to Sentinels. Bastion learns they found the base and has it self destruct before the X-Men can infiltrate it. The good news is, Wolverine finds Jubilee, who also escaped from Bastion, stranded in the desert.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good job. Do Young Blood next
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    Good job. Do Young Blood next

Lol what you mean next? I don't think I'll ever finish this.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    X-Men v2 #67-69
    Ruth Bat-Seraph is a super agent of the Israeli Secret Service. Apparently she is a mutant sympathizer who wants to help the X-Men during Operation: Zero Tolerance. She collects a disk with valuable information, and is attacked by Sentinels, but manages to defeat them.

Meanwhile, Iceman and Cecilia Reyes are taken into Police Headquarters by the Angel's Ex girl, Charlotte Jones. However, we find out that this was a set up as Jones was forced to take them in, in order to get her kidnapped son back. After fighting the Sentinels in the Police Department, Jones gets shot and Cecelia must keep her alive. They meet up with Marrow and once again get surrounded by more Sentinels in the street.

They are saved by Ruth Bat-Seraph who is a mutant now calling herself Sabra. She brings them information on where Detective Jones son is being kept, and they travel to Connecticut to find him. They arrive at Bastion's home and Iceman fights him, they find out that he is indeed not fully human, and just as the fight is about to get heavy, SHIELD shows up. Senator Robert Kelly sent them, and made sure that Operation: Zero Tolerance was officially shut down.

Pretty sure that Cecilia Reyes, Sabra & Marrow will be important to the X-Men family after all of this.

4lxcx.jpg

Wolverine v2 #118
    Even though Bastion was defeated, it did not come without X-Men casualties. For example, we find out that Cyclops had something implanted within him, and the X-Men rush him home to the medi-lab.

200eg42.jpg
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    Uncanny X-Men #348
    Gambit, Rogue, Joseph, and the Bounty Hunters are now locked up by Nanny in Magneto's old base, that was thought to be destroyed. Rogue starts having weird memories of Gambit's future from the last time they touched, but she can not figure out what they mean. Meanwhile, Deathbird has Gambit in a medi-lab after the crash, explaining to him that all his teammates are dead.

X-Factor #138
    Sabretooth is really putting in work now. The hound program he works for feeds him names, and he kills them even though he is only supposed to bring them in. His partner Stone tries to stop him and Victor tells him to watch his back. Suddenly, Sabretooth is attacked by Omega Red, who plans to bring him to Elana Ivanova in exchange for the Carbonadium Synthesizer, which can reverse Omega Red's condition. Sabretooth however destroys Omega in the fight and he runs away, and then Sabretooth pays Stone a visit and hurts him badly. Meanwhile, Mystique is still hunting Victor down.

9hkwue.jpg

Deadpool #8-9
    Typhoid Mary escapes from Deadpool and starts killing innocent people on the streets. Deadpool finally stops her, but he must brutally beat her down to do it, which proves Mary's point that he is not the hero he is trying to be.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    You coming up on the Trial of Gambit. That ? made me mad at the whole X-world when I read it
  • SunflowaSeeds
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Uncanny X-Men #349-350
    Psylocke fights Maggot (the guy who has been searching for Joseph) in New York. Meanwhile, the other X-Men are able to defeat Nanny and get out of the old Magneto base, however they still wonder who was pulling the strings behind it all. Afterwards, Gambit decides to turn himself in to the bounty hunters instead of telling the truth himself.

Damnn just read the trial, cosign @ShencotheMC X-Men acting like some ? .

Ok so, Spat & Grovel take Gambit to their employers underground base, whoever that may be, with the other X-Men in their trail trying to free him. Suddenly, Joseph senses the base and magnetically rips it out of the ground to the surface. They enter the building, and at the same time Psylocke, Maggot & Archangel are teleported there by one of Psylocke's shadows. One by one, each of them is taken down and forced to play a part in the oncoming Trial of Gambit. When the trial begins, the host is finally revealed to be Erik the Red. If you don't recognize the name, its a cover identity that Cyclops even used in the past. Archangel is appointed as the defender, and the rest are the jury. Gambit begins to tell them how he worked alongside Sinister when he was a thief and after his wife Belladonna died. He made a deal to gather some people for Sinister in exchange for something he desperately needed. Next, Rogue is forced to kiss Gambit and finally reveal all of his secrets. They find out that he was the man who assembled the Marauders, including Sabretooth, and officially started the Morlock Massacre. Even though he did not know this was going to happen, Angel (lost his wings due to the massacre) and Rogue act like they can never forgive him and he's some horrible evil villain SMDH. Gambit even tried to help some of the Morlocks and was successful in saving the life of Marrow when she was a child. Erik the Red finally self-destructs his base and the X-Men all escape, Rogue leaving Gambit on a mountain somewhere telling him he has no home with the X-Men again, ? .

Then we find out the truth of Erik the Red and who he really is (I kind of saw this coming).

2yvrjls.jpg

20iiav6.jpg

So who is Joseph???
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    X-Men Origins: Gambit tells you dude's part in the Mutant Massacre
  • SunflowaSeeds
    Options
    X-Men v2 #70
    This was a pretty sick issue. Iceman, Cecilia Reye and Marrow arrived at the X-Mansion to find it abandoned, with nothing left in it at all (Bastion took everything). Suddenly, Wolverine, Jean, Cannonball and Storm show up with Cyclops in their arms. He has a bomb stuck in his abdomen, and Dr. Reyes must step up to the plate to get it out. She gets to work when Juggernaut suddenly shows up with a lawyer saying he is rightful owner with Charles being MIA. They begin to battle when the other X-Men who were lost in space show up (Rogue, Joseph, Beast, Maggot & also Trish Tilby). Juggernaut decides pick his battles wisely and leaves. Wolverine then gives Trish a piece of his mind, saying that news reporters like her cause things like this to happen and he and Beast get into it. Long story short, with the help of Joseph and Beast, Cecilia is able to remove the bomb and one of the 'slugs' that Maggot carries with him devours the bomb and contains the explosion.

Setting up some interesting things in this issue though:
    Wolverine and Beast currently hate each other.
    Marrow living in the house with Storm, who almost killer her.
    This guy Maggot has some type of secret.
    Will Dr Reyes join the X-Men.
    Bishop lost in space with Deathbird.
    Gambit gone.
    If Joseph isn't Magneto, who is he?

v2s75v.jpg

24yz7v5.jpg

sdixro.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    keep up the great work seedz