Options

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Sour wrote: »
    Iceman is an omega level mutant which means he's unfuckwitable in a battle against flash. He can manipulate the air around him into ice. Flash wouldn't be able to run circles around him without getting touched.

Flash is faster than thought and can accomplish the running around feat in seconds. Very few mutants can beat or even touch Flash, and Iceman's not one of them. Before Iceman can think, Flash can drill a hole in his head, before Iceman can think, Infinite Mass Punch, etc. Iceman stands no chance.

Oh and on the avengers justice league, DC vs. Marvel ? , Surfer alone takes most, if not all the DC dudes with ease, giving him Thor, Dr. Strange, and Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Black Bolt, etc. is just overkill. It's a stomp with ease.
    The Spectre was not listed deliberately right? because we all know at full power Spectre would curbstomp Silver Surfer. Spectre had the power to take down Shazam the Wizard and Captain Marvel.
    Spectre is too powerful to be listed among this group.
    so with Surfer out of the way the rest of that list would be mopped up by Superman, Captain Marvel, Flash, Fate, GL, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman.
    you think DC would mop the floor with a team that includes the likes of the Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Black Bolt, Adam Warlock, Scarlet Witch, Wolverine, Spidey and Dr. Strange? DC would be lucky to win a majority against this group.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Moon Knight vs Deathstroke

When I think of the name Moon Knight, I think of a ? ? that even I would knock the ? out.

I don't know who the ? that is but Deathstroke is whooping his ass.

haha you don't know who is but you know Slade wins? I agree Slade takes the majority but you should check out MK..especailly back in the day when he has his Egyptian ? powering him
  • jaxn
    Options
    Wonder woman currently is dumb fast and strong...but rogue's power is ridiculous. I want to here people think

I'd give WW the edge depending on what powers Rogue has absorbed at the time. If this is ? Rogue when she was able to access every ability she absorbed, she would own WW, but if this is standard Rogue Diana has the edge..I'm not even sure who's abilities she has now..At one point she lost Ms. Marvel's powerset and was working with Sunfire's..idk whose power she has now.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Black Atom VS Luke Cage - is this Black Adam as in Captain Marvel's guy? Black Adam

Apocalypse VS Thanos - Thanos

Black Panther VS Batman - Tchalla.

The ? green lantern VS Superman - Supes unless GL has access to his magical abilities

Dr. Doom VS Magneto - hmm, this can go either way.

Wolverine VS Flash - Flash

Cyclops VS Ironman - Ironman

• jaxn
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    not true, telepaths can get him, even though some argue he's faster than the speed of thought. Green Lanterns have a shot, partly because they always have a low level shield in battle at all times and can't be taken by surprise. Magneto i think has the best shot from Marvel's side without getting too cosmic. he could go in to the stratosphere and use the earth's magnetic fields to hone in on him and slow him down, trap him - then ? him with the iron in his own blood.
    there are others who can beat Flash besides Mags
    Wolverine the most overrated there is though from Marvel fans, ya'll act like he's immortal. no, he regenerates very quick, has unbreakable bones and claws and basically Spidey senses.
    [/quote[
    He doesn't have anything even close to Spidey sense..he just has enhanced senses like Daredevil
    that's about it so let's stop acting like he can f-ck with people like Flash who you'd need a character on Silver Surfer/Dr. Doom/Magneto level to take down.
    well he actually can fight them, he may not win but he was introduced into Marvel as a Hulk villian iirc. It's kind of hard keeping him down
    Superman and Flash would go toe to toe, this is a known fact.. nuff said

I'm pretty sure Superman would take a majority over him
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jaxn who else beats flash because he is being made invincible in this thread?

Also I thought my battle was pretty even also...surfer is overrated to me...I think warlock with his soul manipulation abilities would mark surfer...

Not that surfer isn't trill but Thor beat that ass multiple times.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    @darkraiden who in DC can mess with surfer equivalents...I thought Martian munhunter and supes would be close.
    Superman, MM, GL, Captain Marvel, BA will all give Surfer a good fight..they won't win imo, but it'll be good fights.

Nah, Silver Surfer can drain Superman and GL of their energy immediately. Captain Marvel, BA, nor MM can really hurt him as he is impervious to high amounts of physical damage, surviving in a black hole, and he moves millions of times the speed of light, has cosmic awareness (knows weaknesses), can travel through time, has molecular manipulation, can amp his strength, has high scale telepathy, and can create blackholes among other things.

To make a more competitive list, add Darkseid pretty much. Maybe Superman Prime and if you want to go over, add Ion or Parallax.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Silver Surfer VS Dr.Manhattan?
  • jaxn
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    @darkraiden who in DC can mess with surfer equivalents...I thought Martian munhunter and supes would be close.
    Superman, MM, GL, Captain Marvel, BA will all give Surfer a good fight..they won't win imo, but it'll be good fights.

Nah, Silver Surfer can drain Superman and GL of their energy immediately. Captain Marvel, BA, nor MM can really hurt him as he is impervious to high amounts of physical damage, surviving in a black hole, and he moves millions of times the speed of light, has cosmic awareness (knows weaknesses), can travel through time, has molecular manipulation, can amp his strength, has high scale telepathy, and can create blackholes among other things.
    I'm quite familiar with Norrin's abilities. He is for all intents and purposes Baby Galactus..before introducing the Fallen One as Galan's first herald, that sole position belonged to the Surfer. Galactus gave him more power than any of his other heralds. Surfer can do damn near anything he wants using the PC to an extent..but still Superman and the likes would still prove to be a challenge for him. The Surfer can drain Superman, but he most likely wouldn't right off the bat. Cosmic Awareness doesn't necessarily allows you to know ones weakness..it allows you to be in tuned with the happenings of the universe.
    To make a more competitive list, add Darkseid pretty much. Maybe Superman Prime and if you want to go over, add Ion or Parallax.

The list is fine as it is. the fight is already competitive among the top tiers.
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn who else beats flash because he is being made invincible in this thread?
    Surfer and Thor of course, then you have other heralds like Terrax, Firelord, Nova, Morg. I'd say Beta Ray Bill, Photon, Genis, Quasar. The Flash is definitely top tier but he isn't the most powerful top tier out there.
    Also I thought my battle was pretty even also...surfer is overrated to me...I think warlock with his soul manipulation abilities would mark surfer...
    well the soul gem allows Adam to have the edge over most folks.
    Not that surfer isn't trill but Thor beat that ass multiple times.
    most of the time the two meet up there are circumstances involved or the Surfer isn't actually trying to fight Thor..in their last meeting, Thor was trying to ? the Surfer while Norrin wanted to talk, so he doesn't go full tilt against him..that battle ended in a stalemate. When fighting Beta Ray Bill, the Surfer didn't want to play around with hiim and put Bill down with two punches and told him not to get up. what helps Thor against the Surfer is mjolnir..he has the perfect counter to Surfer's abilities..Thor is also a better hth figher than Surfer, but don't get it twisted, the Surfer can throw down.
  • jaxn
    Options

Surfer
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I mean I hear you, but didn't Thor beat surfer and warlock? Its not a book that I have read but I have seen the scans in threads before.

I like surfer but the idea that he is unbeatable is bullshiznit.

Good post as always. Also, warlock doesn't need the gem to soul manipulate anymore, so doesn't tat make him top notch. Above both the thors and surfers of the world...up the with Thanos and apocalypse and those cats
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Surfer

But how, Dr. Manhattan is like ? , dude can't even die, he can travel through time and manipulate ? just by looking, he's untouchable.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @sour ? gets outclassed by superheroes frequently.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I mean I hear you, but didn't Thor beat surfer and warlock? Its not a book that I have read but I have seen the scans in threads before.
    I believe you're referring to the Blood and Thunder arc. Thor beat up everyone in that arc, including making Thanos bleed iirc..it was a jobfest
    I like surfer but the idea that he is unbeatable is bullshiznit.

he's not unbeatable.

Good post as always. Also, warlock doesn't need the gem to soul manipulate anymore, so doesn't tat make him top notch. Above both the thors and surfers of the world...up the with Thanos and apocalypse and those cats[/quote]

He requires the Soul Gem to manipulate souls unless there was some new development which i'm unaware of. I wouldn't say he's above Thor nor Surfer, more like their peer and both Surfer and Thor are above Apocalypse. Adam is still very powerful without the Gem, his Magus persona is extremely powerful. He's also a great hth fighter.
  • jaxn
    Options

Surfer

But how, Dr. Manhattan is like ? , dude can't even die, he can travel through time and manipulate ? just by looking, he's untouchable.

Surfer can do that stuff too..the thing about the Doc is that he exists in a world without superhumans. He's the only one with any abilities, so while he's able to disperse normal humans with a wave of his hand, we really don't know if that trick would work on say, Superman.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn I'm pretty sure warlock retained the gems powers to a lesser degree (vaguely less)

Warlock and Thanos are the same except Warlock is craftier (not quite as smart) and a better fighter (not as strong).

They usually send him to get Thanos or he signs himself up when Thanos decides to stir ? up.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn I actually meant to put onslaught. I actually argued with someone recently that apocalypse would lose to hulk. So I know he can't be at Warlock level. My bad

I honestly think if there was one hero to pick in a fight for marvel it would be Warlock. I think he is vastly underrated and he is suited to be everyone. Or at least stand a chance. Plus it seems to me every time he dies it's strategic. When has he really just out right lost?

• jaxn
    Options
    true, due to their past history. Thanos killed Adam Warlock or at least destroyed his body in the past. Adam's soul went into his soul gem and his soul gem form was the one that defeated Thanos back in the day. He's not as powerful though but he has an insight into how Thanos thinks for whatever reason..Adam is the one who deduced that Thanos only loses because he wants to secretly fail
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Yeah I hear you. He just never seems outclassed. What to you think about Thanos as the movie villain? You think the movies have potential given the announced roster. You have any predictions on who may appear?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn Adam wasn't more powerful or a different being when he returned from Thanos killing him...
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn Adam wasn't more powerful or a different being when he returned from Thanos killing him...
    Adam's nature its to evolve when resurrected. He became more powerful due to his connection with the soul gem.

• jaxn
    Options
    Yeah I hear you. He just never seems outclassed. What to you think about Thanos as the movie villain? You think the movies have potential given the announced roster. You have any predictions on who may appear?

I never expected Avengers to be as great as it was. That movie was epic so i'm hoping they will continue the trend. I'm pretty sure Thanos will be neutered in the film because he'd mop the floor with the lineup that was in the first film. I haven't seen the new roster. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Hank Pym and Wanda..maybe Carol Danvers and Vision.