Options

Comments

• Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    Ms.Scorp wrote: »
    They froze 28k and I owe them 34k.

I'm going to see if I can make some type of settlement, I guess it won't hurt to ask.

Hit em up and play that role.....telll em you got kids to feed and the whole 9. They should work out somethin, just make sure you do what you say you gonna do.

Hmmm, but they know whats in my account though right?

Do you think they would know that this is not a financial burden for me?
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    I also wonder if it would be better for me and my Husband to file separate, they combine our income and it puts us over the 200k mark so we both get taxed hard and never get any money back.

Same with my and the wifey.....? me off that you finally get to a point where you think you winnin only to have the crooked ass gov come in and remind you that you only a customer....

EXACTLY!!!!
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Cain1 wrote: »
    They froze 28k and I owe them 34k.

I'm going to see if I can make some type of settlement, I guess it won't hurt to ask.

If you settle in most cases they'll knock off a good amount of the actual payment. A lawyer can have you only paying back about 50% of the actual payment in most cases. It's ? up that you can't get that decrease on your own instead of using a lawyer.

You should get the settlement though BUT do not any under circumstances not pay that money late. They'll hit you with the full amount plus a lot of fees damn near doubling what you owed.

I'm going to see about a settlement tomorrow.

I have to make this ? go away quick. If they don't let me settle I just have to suck it....but I'm still going to try.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

....the biggest organized crime outfit in the world homie...the US gov

"If that ain't real, man, I fall on tacks"
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tax shield?? hmmmm??
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    it's basically a reduction in income taxes that results from taking an allowable deduction
    such as mortgage interest, medical expenses, charitable donations, amortization and depreciation. These deductions reduce taxpayers' taxable income for a given year or defer income taxes into future years.

Debt itself is a tax-deductible expense, that's why taking on debt can act as a tax shield. And the ability to use a home mortgage as a tax shield is a major benefit for middle-class people whose homes are a major component of their net worth.

do you have anything of significance substance in your name?

unfortunately, 1500g in blouses and socks don't count
  • CapitalB
    Options
    a.mann u wish u could drop 20 racks like its nothin huh!!?

not to mention then shoes socks and all that is gettin itemized.. u mad??
  • CapitalB
    Options
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn i just got a tax bill that gave me an ulcer. i'm glad i'm not the only one.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man ive dealt with that ? . call the IRS and say you want to get on a payment plan. they should release the hold off of your account as long as you verbally agree to pay it back. you got the bread, set up automatic payments like $500 a month and you should be good
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    From what I understand it's going on your credit regardless. It may already be there as an open debt. If it's on there it's pretty much up to you to have it cleared.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    i fit wrote: »
    i fit wrote: »
    First off call the IRS directly to see what exactly is going on. Afterwards call an attorney to take the garnishment off your records. Third have the attorney set up payments once you have payments setup payoff ASAP. You will and should have a clean record.

My cuz went thru this while working over seas for a couple of years. It helped him out.

Mr.Mitchell ,@Cain's post is the absolute best way to handle this situation.

I would like to take a moment and thank President Obama and my accountant for taking my 40k tax bill down to zero.

So I don't have to pay taxes.

Yeah I'm a Democrat but they tax the ? out of higher class income.

Me and my Husband get hit hard every paycheck.

Kimi you got to get a tax shield especially if you're in a high tax bracket. Look into starting a foundation or starting a scholarship program to get the IRS off your back. First thing though you need an accountant a good one who can handle your income.

On second thought this is a GREAT post. Basically you can claim certain expenses to deductions on your income tax. Because the U.S. has states with different rules I can't give good advice here but it is definitely worth looking into.

Thanks Sion great finacial advice as usual. I'm going to call them first thing in the morning and pay it all off. I need to be able to say it's all paid in case it does come up on my credit report.

The advice Cain and A.Mann dropped about the tax shield is right on time. Especially since I'm a home owner. I've been reading up on it. Getting an accountant is also in the near future.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    man ive dealt with that ? . call the IRS and say you want to get on a payment plan. they should release the hold off of your account as long as you verbally agree to pay it back. you got the bread, set up automatic payments like $500 a month and you should be good

They've already frozen most of the money I owe them.

It won't be a financial hardship for me to just pay them off, I don't want to owe them ? !!
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    a.mann u wish u could drop 20 racks like its nothin huh!!?

not to mention then shoes socks and all that is gettin itemized.. u mad??

? so do I!! we ain't livin that life Man...must be nice...lmao
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

It won't be a financial hardship for me to just pay them off, I don't want to owe them ? !!

hello Msscorp ....if you have the money to pay it in FULL.... do it...do not hire no lawyer (you will pay the lawyer also which is a wase of money).....do not delay this ? ...if you pay full rather than set up payment plan....you avoid al this interests and ? .....
    but try to make it that you are in control instead of them garnishing your wages or debiting your account....calll them up and set up d payment plan...
    but like i said pay in FULL since you have the money...... hiring a consultanmt or lawyer @ this point doesnt make any sense to me....

I am speaking from experience....those fools audited me for my 2005 and 2007 takes... they said I owed 3500 eac...... i STILL dont understand well...but its the IRS...a crooked organization......i wasnt able to pay in full for the 2007 tax...so i went to a payment plan...and the interest on it made me mad........
  • Ms.Scorp
    edited September 2012
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »

hello Msscorp ....if you have the money to pay it in FULL.... do it...don not hire no lawyer.....do not delay this ? ...if you pay full rather than set up payment plan....you avoid al this interests and ? .....
    but try to make it that you are in control instead of them garnishing your wages or debiting your account....calll them up and set up d payment plan...
    but like i said pay in FULL since you have the money...... hiring a consultanmt or lawyer @ this point doesnt make any sense tom e....

I am speaking from experience....those fools audited me for my 2005 and 2007 takes... they said I owed 3500 eac...... i STILL dont understand well...but its the IRS...a crooked organization......i wasnt able to pay in full for the 2007 ta...so i went to a payment plan...and the interest on it made me mad........

Yeah I noticed on the actual levy that it said something about a late penalty charge. I do have the money so I'm going to pay all of it. I can take the risk of this affecting my Security Clearance.
    LevyNotice_zpsbda7e212.jpg
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    So are those statutory additions late fees?
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    If you pay the whole thing those fees should be waived.

Exactly what I wanted to know...lol.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options
    I still don't see how I even owe them this much when 95k is non taxable and in 08-09 I was only making 120k.

but it's like I don't have time to investigate because I can't let the ? ruin my credit by delaying any further.
  • ATTS
    Options

hello Msscorp ....if you have the money to pay it in FULL.... do it...don not hire no lawyer.....do not delay this ? ...if you pay full rather than set up payment plan....you avoid al this interests and ? .....
    but like i said pay in FULL since you have the money...... hiring a consultanmt or lawyer @ this point doesnt make any sense tom e....

I am speaking from experience....those fools audited me for my 2005 and 2007 takes... they said I owed 3500 eac...... i STILL dont understand well...but its the IRS...a crooked organization......i wasnt able to pay in full for the 2007 ta...so i went to a payment plan...and the interest on it made me mad........

Yeah I noticed on the actual levy that it said something about a late penalty charge. I do have the money so I'm going to pay all of it. I can take the risk of this affecting my Security Clearance.

they will basically add anything to it ....late penalty charge (i had that too) ...interest on the remaining balance....I think i got the letter in 2008 but i noticed that interest on their money was counting since 2005 when i hadnt gotten audited yet...smh.... that didnt make any sense to me. They took out taxes all yr from my job.....i file taxes and then they audit me yrs later saying I owe extra......smh...... I would rather have them had removed it from my 2006 taxes but that ? hit me when I needed money the most........ which is why I am glad you can pay in FULL

you will make the money back and much more.... They wont go after the rich folks like romney...its always to bankrupt the common man.
  • ATTS
    Options

i doubt that.....they gonna say she didnt respond to their initial letters..... its within the law
    They did not refund the late penalty charge to my account in 2005 taxes and I paid off that ? the minute I got the notice......
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options

i doubt that.....they gonna say she didnt respond to their initial letters..... its within the law
    They did not refund the late penalty charge to my account in 2005 taxes and I paid off that ? the minute I got the notice......

But my dispute was that they sent it to that address in Killeen. I haven't lived there since I started contracting so I got absolutely NONE of these notices. I could've easily paid this off if I had known about it. :(
    but it's like I don't have time to investigate because I can't let the ? ruin my credit by delaying any further.

Which they will most definitely do if they haven't already

EXACTLY!
  • Ms.Scorp
    Options

they will basically add anything to it ....late penalty charge (i had that too) ...interest on the remaining balance....I think i got the letter in 2008 but i noticed that interest on their money was counting since 2005 when i hadnt gotten audited yet...smh.... that didnt make any sense to me. They took out taxes all yr from my job.....i file taxes and then they audit me yrs later saying I owe extra......smh...... I would rather have them had removed it from my 2006 taxes but that ? hit me when I needed money the most........ which is why I am glad you can pay in FULL

you will make the money back and much more.... They wont go after the rich folks like romney...its always to bankrupt the common man.

Absolutely, I can't imagine the poor people who don't have the money and have to sit back as the IRS garnishes their wages and takes their belongings.

Meanwhile the people who are actually rich get breaks on their taxes....damn shame.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hold up ma. YOu owe 30k to the gubment?
    Come over here and marry a ? .
    You gotta have paper to owe 30k lol
  • ATTS
    Options

Which they will most definitely do if they haven't already

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc201.html
    The Notice of Federal Tax Lien publicly notifies your creditors that the IRS has a claim against all your property, including property acquired by you after the Notice of Federal Tax Lien is filed . The filing of a Notice of Federal Tax Lien may appear on your credit report and may harm your credit rating. Once a lien arises, the IRS generally cannot release the lien until the taxes, penalties, interest, and recording fees are paid in full or until the IRS may no longer legally collect the tax.

reading their ? brought back some memories.......pay that ? off now in FULL ......check your credit report.....the lein is inside on your credit by now since you werent able to respond to their initial letters..... I am NOT sure how to remove a lein from your credit though