The Official Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole boring and overrated as ? . He's not wack, but he got some corny lyrics and his flow and delivery is on some default create-a-rapper status. Him and Mac Miller are competing over that title of being the most boring to listen to. Kendrick is so much better than Cole, it is an insult to compare them honestly.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    I don't normally buy rookie albums but from the couple of songs I heard off of there like Swimming Pools & The Recipe etc., it was enough for me to give a try.

Kendrick Larmar >>> J.Cole

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

As much as I like cole i think kendrick is better. I would say that when they're both at the top of their game they are equal as far as the quality of the music is concerned. Kendrick is a better rapper though and he's a lot more versatile.

i feel the exact opposite

Cole is more diverse imo and is better at what Kendrick excels at(Lost ones, Lights Please, Killers, Show me Something)
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't normally buy rookie albums but from the couple of songs I heard off of there like Swimming Pools & The Recipe etc., it was enough for me to give a try.

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

As much as I like cole i think kendrick is better. I would say that when they're both at the top of their game they are equal as far as the quality of the music is concerned. Kendrick is a better rapper though and he's a lot more versatile.

Cole is more diverse imo and is better at what Kendrick excels at(Lost ones, Lights Please, Killers, Show me Something)

keisha song > lost ones
    growing apart/opposites attract > lights please
    ignorance is bliss,ronald regan era > killers
    Kush & Corinthians/Heaven & Hell > show me something

kednricks a better lyricist ...from a technical standpoint ... his narratives are more abstract and creative than cole ... even tho coles the nig he drops some corny ass lines sometimes .. you dont get that with kendrick
  • R.D.
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

kednricks a better lyricist ...from a technical standpoint ... his narratives are more abstract and creative than cole ... even tho coles the nig he drops some corny ass lines sometimes .. you dont get that with kendrick

different strokes for different folks bruh

ill even say song for song, sideline story is a better album
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    getting my copy tomorrow morning
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song for song? ? you out your ? mind. "How it feel, very happy"
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

better than what?
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek millz album gonna be better and sell more
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder why it's dropping on a Monday.
  • R.D.
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

better than what?

Compton, Real, M.a.a.d city, good kidd are all subpar to weak songs on their own
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    You only get Compton and even Compton is better than 80% of sideline story
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Wonder why it's dropping on a Monday.

whynot

• R.D.
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    You only get Compton and even Compton is better than 80% of sideline story
    lmaooooo not even close

i could have listed backseat freestyle as well but i actually like it
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

better than what?

Compton, Real, M.a.a.d city, good kidd are all subpar to weak songs on their own

bruh.... good kid/mad city is more complex and lyrically thorough than a majority of ? cole has ever dropped ... certainly more potent than the ? on sideline story...why do you think they are subpar?
  • R.D.
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

better than what?

bruh.... good kid/mad city is more complex and lyrically thorough than a majority of ? cole has ever dropped ... certainly more potent than the ? on sideline story...why do you think they are subpar?

bruh this debate can be had in another thread but im not going sit in here and go back and forth especially when i see comments like the bolded

• Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Black boy fly >>>> every song on sideline story. Bonus tracks are ? on that ? 's whole album.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where this topic goes to thread for thread, we all agree. this album>>>>>> sideline story. concept, raps, story, bars, beats, production.
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Sideline Story, thought it was a great debut..but GKMC is better and it's not even close
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

better debut-yep

better rapper- nope

keisha song > lost ones

better than what?

bruh this debate can be had in another thread but im not going sit in here and go back and forth especially when i see comments like the bolded

you afraid of it being a accurate statement? .... lol ... i can break down why i said that its not some random ? .. ive listened to essentially all of coles major work and i can stand behing that statement with confidence ...it really aint that serious if you feel different ... i just was trying to hear you out ... but its whatever mayne ...
  • R.D.
    Options
    Onyx_Guard wrote: »
    Black boy fly >>>> every song on sideline story. Bonus tracks are ? on that ? 's whole album.
    lololololololololololololololololololol

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is J Cole the ? to beat up on though?
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a big cole fan, but it's honestly not even close who had the better album out of him and kendrick.
  • R.D.
    Options
    we'll give this bout 2 weeks for the new hype to die down and see if the feelings are the same....i love the album but to the point where im overrating it like i see in here
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all subjective....no ones opinion is more valid than the next....like what you like and keep it moving
This discussion has been closed.