The Official Good Kid, m.A.A.d. City Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the album is definitely picking up steam, yall ? got me super updated on my hip hop so i forget most ? just now catching on to the album
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yeah and its looking like ? dont ? my vibe is gonna be HUGE
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    oh yeah and its looking like ? dont ? my vibe is gonna be HUGE

They can really capitalize on this buzz with a Video soon. This album has mad potential to catch on fire again
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the thing about this album is that i rarely listen to a few of these by themselves, i have to listen to the entire thing to get trough the entire story, after listening to the entire album there's nothing else that sounds as good to me for a while.

probably the strongest contender for album of the year so far.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poetic justice is getting a little play out here in Dallas on the mix shows and I'm starting to hear swimming pools more too in regular rotation
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rea talk, if you're a fan of hip hop at all i dont see how you can hate on this, its not even on some "its too complicated" ? , ? 's simple, either you get it or you just have no clue wtf dude's talkin about.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if K.Dot won a Grammy off this album? Does this album fall in the next timeframe?

I think he deserve at least a nomination with this album
  • andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if K.Dot won a Grammy off this album? Does this album fall in the next timeframe?

I think he deserve at least a nomination with this album

It's possible..might even get a best new artist nom like Cole did..I think the sales really helped his chances
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ ? crew

Albums still ? . Only flaws is Drake and Mary J those simpin ass Aubrey verses make me wanna knock dude the ? out
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the house that Zino built still has nothing to say about this album?
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    Kendrick don great numbers for a album that's been out for only 3 weeks. My guess is he'll be gold in a month. If Poetic Justice is a hit, don't be suprised if he goes platinum.

Poetic Justice will definitely blow. They can play the instrumental version of this song and it will still blow up. Drake ? up the song tho.

i disagree big time. I'm faaaarrr from a Drake Co-Signer and even further awy from being a Fan.....but he fit well on this track.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Poetic justice is the only song i dont like on the album, even for a semi crossover,chick,mainstream track whatever you wanna call it track i think the sample was used in a lazy way. I think it should of been cut shorter with a better loop, added with a new sound and spin to it. Now some samples dont really need to be cut short but in this case imo it was necessary cause it just sounds boring. PJ is the only track i skip....

I think B**** dont ? by vibe or mad city would be good for a radio single. I would prefer mad city since the other two singles already has a mellow vibe mad city would balance things out and bring that boom bap sound to forefront thats rarely heard in hiphop now.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thank Collect Calls is my favorite on the album now. Song really grew on me.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album of the Year
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? actin all sensitive and ? ."

"? that aint no word."

"? shut up!"

LoL
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    "? actin all sensitive and ? ."

"? that aint no word."

"? shut up!"

LoL

He said unsensitive bruh. But yea I laugh everytime I hear that ?
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^its "unsensitive", which isnt a word.. sensitive is a word, that wouldnt make sense.
  • BarryHalls
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "? actin unsensitive and ? ."

"? that aint no word."

"? shut up!"

LoL

Edit lol!

• BarryHalls
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Everyone knows this whole album is a story. I wish K.Dot would do a music video for each track and a cut scene of the interludes, to give us a visual sense to make up a movie like experience. The Roots "Undun" album for example but release it on DVD as a special edition with the audio CD.

Start it off with a scene of a bunch of dudes saying a prayer, cut to a scene of K.Dot at a house party trying to holla at a bish, a clip of him grabbin his phone and listening to a voice mail of his pops lookin for his dominoes, a scene of the bish urkin him during the party. Killin his vibe and then him and his boys leave the party. Hop in the car while K.Dot busts a freesyle. On their way, mobbin to do some dirt for a quick come up.

im high right now. hahahhah
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just walked Adrien Broner to the ring lol
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Finally got around to it

[img]http://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/270177_379586435462116_426145294_n.jpg[/img]

*Supa late post*
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He got a hit with Swimming Pools top 20 hit. He just need to release Money Trees, Poetic Justice, and ? dont ? my vibe and he should be straight for atleast a year
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Finally got around to it

[img]http://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/270177_379586435462116_426145294_n.jpg[/img]

*Supa late post*

lmao at me finding your facebook profile. if gee was here he be asking why your crakkka asz HAND isznt in the video u must bE a CrakKKA smh
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    ^^^ @BlackGerald cuz I ain't a cracka... besides my ? is private
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_mdp27k0JAa1qeej49o1_500.jpg

Found this out there... Sherane & Kendrick
This discussion has been closed.