Silver Surfer VS Superman?

Options

Comments

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's say Supes reaction time is faster than SS. I dont even know how you can say that, but lets say it is. Supes still isnt delivering a one hitta quitta to SS. So when SS gets back up, he will absorb all of Supes energy and leave his ass stranded in space.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? supes will in t that ? so many x's! Y'all don't read supes.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Supes will hit surfer a million times before he blinks...his reaction time is faster. He drug a solar system like it was a bag of skittles.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Surfer has one chance absorb his energy, but if supes can throw shots its over.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Supes will hit surfer a million times before he blinks...his reaction time is faster. He drug a solar system like it was a bag of skittles.

LOL how do you drag a solar system?. Those orbital rings actually tangible just visual aids. By what measure of science does superman go about increasing his mass thus increasing his gravitational pull to the effect of pulling a solar system?

I look at some of these feats and I am just like....

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-149.gif

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    That was pre-crisis and he's non canon and thus isn't counted for the debate. Also Surfer has utilized energy from the Crunch and beat Galactus level beings, so either way Surfer wins.

Also Superman's reactions aren't much faster at all if they are. He's light speed max tbh, stop using his most powerful forms.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Apparently, the new version of Supes can bench press the Earth for five days while weakened. And just when I thought the reboot was toning things down...
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @amotekun @doctopian I am just saying...he is strong and he is fast as ?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Surfer has no reaction feats
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

I used this scan once before in a different thread to show how fast the Surfer is:

2348544-silver_surfer_speed_feat__10.jpg

And that's not even him exerting any REAL effort or power.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

I used this scan once before in a different thread to show how fast the Surfer is:

2348544-silver_surfer_speed_feat__10.jpg

And that's not even him exerting any REAL effort or power.

That's not a reaction feat my man. Never doubted his speed. His reaction time isn't the same.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Reaction is based off what fast twitch muscles and mental processing.

It would be safe to assume to inductively reason that is SS is flying at many times the speed of light
    he isnt doing it blind which means his mind has to process things flying towards him by him all around him
    in order to not crash into ? random asteroids on the way to wherever the ? .

Reaction time has got to be on point. Based on SS lack of randomly running into objects it is safe to
    assume this bit of information.
  • Doctopian
    Options
    Evol, you misunderstand. I wasn't trying to pole fun at your argument, I was explaining one of Superman's recent feats from a preview that I saw. Frankly, I tend to side with your point of view on this battle more than just about anyone else's. Surfer wins, because his power set is tailor made to beat Superman, but if he decides to go the melee/energy blast route, then Superman would hand him his ass in all likelihood.
  • rantanamo
    rantanamo Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Options
    Supes easily. Why this always brought up.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supes reaction time is not that fast, wonder woman and flash are quciker.
  • Doctopian
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    Supes reaction time is not that fast, wonder woman and flash are quciker.

Who has quicker reaction time between Superman and Wonder Woman tends to vary from writer to writer. The only person I can recall outright stating that Wonder Woman has faster reflexes/ combat speed is McDuffie. And there is no shame in being slower than the Flash. That's like knocking someone for being weaker than the Hulk.

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In regards to the SS's transmutation abilities, if he's able to find out Supes' weakness to Kryptonite and is somehow able to recreate it, then it's DEF lights out for him...especially if they're duking it out in space or somewhere where collateral damage is minimum or non-existent.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »
    Apparently, the new version of Supes can bench press the Earth for five days while weakened. And just when I thought the reboot was toning things down...

you just have to love DC
  • Doctopian
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

you just have to love DC

And the most ridiculous part is that it will have no effect on his next big match up. If he were to fight Orion or Captain Marvel next issue he will fair about as well as he always has.

• evoljeanyes
    Options
    @DOCTOPIAN my bad g! D.C. needs to stop recycling the same stories and they also need to give batman a powerup. Because he doesn't belong in the justice league as its currently constructed...who can he beat?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DOCTOPIAN my bad g! D.C. needs to stop recycling the same stories and they also need to give batman a powerup. Because he doesn't belong in the justice league as its currently constructed...who can he beat?

Why Does He Have To Beat Anybody?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

you just have to love DC

And the most ridiculous part is that it will have no effect on his next big match up. If he were to fight Orion or Captain Marvel next issue he will fair about as well as he always has.

right. DC has a knack for doing these kinds of things. I bet Jelly is loving this
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aren't there multiple instances of Surfer dodging laser fire? And we're talking about dodging them, no leading the shooter. That means he has reflexes at least the speed of light. Not to mention that even by comic book standards, anyone that can move at light speeds have to have extremely fast reflexes to in order to avoid crashing into things.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Supes is a ? , he will die a horrible death the same way doomsday beat the ? outta him and his coffin will be tossed into the sun.

He will not be remembered.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The song in my sig will be a dedication to the death of supes if he every fought surfer.