The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• sunlord
    sunlord Members Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yo, that ? is mad stupid. lol And how did Vegeta go Super Saiyan if a gentle heart is necessary. He had anything but that at the time.

I think he meant pure heart and besides he said it was the best way to increase s cells in combination with high battle power. perhaps vegeta did not do it in the best way
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sunlord wrote: »
    Yo, that ? is mad stupid. lol And how did Vegeta go Super Saiyan if a gentle heart is necessary. He had anything but that at the time.

I think he meant pure heart and besides he said it was the best way to increase s cells in combination with high battle power. perhaps vegeta did not do it in the best way

That may be true, but the explanation still defeats itself. He's supposedly giving his reasoning for why no other Super Saiyans popped up. The reason being that Goku is unique. Vegeta isn't unique though, so if having a gentle/pure heart wasn't the only way, but just the best way, there should have been another Saiyan like Vegeta that found another way. After all, we're talking about hundreds of years.

He didn't need to give that explanation. He could have just left things as they were.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhpZV40hsI

The Orginial Super Sayain ? , Yamoshi, according to Toriyama

There you go so the next arc is the Saiyan arc. I been told y'all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GhpZV40hsI

The Orginial Super Sayain ? , Yamoshi, according to Toriyama

I feel like Toriyama came up with this explanation solely because of people complaining about how strong the u6 saiyans get out of no where
    Not sure how I feel about him introducing this mechanic into the story, but hey at least it makes sense/explains a lot of stuff...still ? tho

Nah we knew that about Goten and Trunks. The U6 saiyans are interesting tho. I'm sure we'll find out why because the S cell doesn't explain Cabba, Kale or Caulifla getting all these forms so quickly which means there's someone else cuz Caulifla is raw power.

In the full interview toriyama says the reason why goku was the 1st ss in a while bc he had a calmer personality and lived on earth in a calmer environment, which then gives credence to u6 saiyans' asspulls

Having a gentle spirit is the best way to greatly increase one's S-Cells, but most Saiyans have trouble with this, which I think is why no Super Saiyans appeared for such a long time and they became the stuff of legend. However, one can't reach the quantity necessary for becoming a Super Saiyan simply by having a gentle spirit, so a certain amount of battle power is indeed necessary. Looked at in this light, it's easy to see why becoming a Super Saiyan came easy for Goku.

Easy?

main-qimg-943b0ab8e168ebc08c01e9b447575635-c

I guess he meant since Goku wasn't the one blowin up like a pipe bomb?

Or maybe the old man is just senile.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coulda sworn there was the whole pure of heart thing and Vegeta's explanation was that he was pure evil, but whatever. The writing is.... ? it!
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Vegeta started changing during the namek saga
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

Toriyama's thought process in a nutshell

zzdi3htcv2dl.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options

You mean after he murdered whole villages of people to get the Dragonballs or before he killed a bunch of defenseless and unconscious enemies that Goku defeated. Vegeta was a scumbag until the Buu saga. And even then, the dude literally murdered a ton of innocent people in a stadium just to goad Goku into a fight.
  • OmegaConflict
    Options

You mean after he murdered whole villages of people to get the Dragonballs or before he killed a bunch of defenseless and unconscious enemies that Goku defeated. Vegeta was a scumbag until the Buu saga. And even then, the dude literally murdered a ton of innocent people in a stadium just to goad Goku into a fight.

The ginyu force were not defenseless. Besides that was a fight to the death and saved gohan, krillin, dende life numerous of times.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

As far as the stadium deal, goku wasnt taking vegeta serious so he did what he had to do. I would have done the samething goku is a habitual line crosser.

So you'd ? hundreds of innocent spectators solely because your rival didn't want to help revive an inifinely stronger fighter, possibly dooming the planet, your family as well as yourself...

odf3vkfg19gf.gif
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

zzdi3htcv2dl.gif

Is this a joke about that ? wishing he was white? (super saiyans get blonde hair light eyes and become stronger)

Or a joke because his real thought process is more like a ? hamster running on a crooked wheel?

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I actually like the recon tbh lol
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Idk if I want to see this as an arc tho
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Idk if I want to see this as an arc tho

I agree no more tournaments.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited December 2017
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

zzdi3htcv2dl.gif

Is this a joke about that ? wishing he was white? (super saiyans get blonde hair light eyes and become stronger)

Or a joke because his real thought process is more like a ? hamster running on a crooked wheel?

The latter, bruh. I mean we all should've seen this coming a mile away. The "tori" in Toriyama means bird, hence all his copyrights after Dr. Slump being Bird Studio. Akira Toriyama = bird-brain ass ? . Lol

As far as your first scenario, the Japanese in general wish they were White, not just him. They've been collectively suckin cac ? since we let them bombs off on they ass.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As far as the stadium deal, goku wasnt taking vegeta serious so he did what he had to do. I would have done the samething goku is a habitual line crosser.

2vsgehvhia33.gif
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

2vsgehvhia33.gif

Damn, Shenco even gettin clowned years later in an anime thread of all things. One'd think this would be a safehaven.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

zzdi3htcv2dl.gif

The latter, bruh. I mean we all should've seen this coming a mile away. The "tori" in Toriyama means bird, hence all his copyrights after Dr. Slump being Bird Studio. Akira Toriyama = bird-brain ass ? . Lol

As far as your first scenario, the Japanese in general wish they were White, not just him. They've been collectively suckin cac ? since we let them bombs off on they ass.

? you were very disrepectful with that last paragraph jesus christ lmao!
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    afcfmxohduya.jpeg

zzdi3htcv2dl.gif

? you were very disrepectful with that last paragraph jesus christ lmao!

I know, but it's the truth so...

giphy.gif
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So are we getting a Saiyan arc next season?
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    So are we getting a Saiyan arc next season?

Possibly a mini arc
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Not Dragonball, but this ? slick looks dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF031DwMffQ
  • OmegaConflict
    Options
    Not Dragonball, but this ? slick looks dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF031DwMffQ

I would watch this