Your biggest sports heartbreak

Options

Comments

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Futbol heartbreak: Peru was already eliminated from world cup qualifying in 2010. That year, we had a chance to eliminate Argentina from WCQ in Buenos Aires. Had we done that, Diego "Hand of ? " Maradona's legacy would've been tarnished and Messi's career with the national team might have been different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IBMcQZQBS0
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami Heat losing the 2011 NBA Finals to Dallas

When MJ came back in 1995, they lost to Orlando in the Semifinals

The Bulls Dynasty breaking up because Jerry's ? would not resign Phil after MJ, Scottie, Dennis, Ron Harper and Toni Kukoc all said they wanted him back in order for them to come back.

Bulls losing to The Pistons in The Eastern Conference Finals in 1990

Cleveland Cavaliers getting swept in The 2007 Finals against The Spurs, Wade had got his ring and I wanted LeBron to get his so after Miami got swept in the first round against The Bulls, I cheered for LeBron to win it.

The Saints losing to The Seahawks and The 49ers in the playoffs back to back years
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    Miami Heat losing the 2011 NBA Finals to Dallas

When MJ came back in 1995, they lost to Orlando in the Semifinals

The Bulls Dynasty breaking up because Jerry's ? would not resign Phil after MJ, Scottie, Dennis, Ron Harper and Toni Kukoc all said they wanted him back in order for them to come back.

Bulls losing to The Pistons in The Eastern Conference Finals in 1990

Cleveland Cavaliers getting swept in The 2007 Finals against The Spurs, Wade had got his ring and I wanted LeBron to get his so after Miami got swept in the first round against The Bulls, I cheered for LeBron to win it.

Miami Heat getting swept in the first round to The Bulls in 2007, the same team that beat them on opening night after raising the banner and getting their rings.

The Saints losing to The Seahawks and The 49ers in the playoffs back to back years

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Mike Bibby and Arizona beat UK in the ship
    When D-Wade lit us up in the tourney and helped make name for himself when UK had a number 1 seed.
    When Kemba Walker and UConn beat UK in the Final 4.
    When the Spurs beat the Pistons in the Finals.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only 4.

Superbowl 32 and ? ass elway and td
    To making that playoff catch on greenbay
    freddie mitchell 4th and 26
    Game 7 2010 finals after the celts went cold and blew the game
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    0205_B28.jpg

superbowl.jpg

Nothing worse than losing in the superbowl
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2008 AFC title game......Flacco was too young for Pittsburgh
    2010 AFC Divsional game, blew a 21 point lead vs the Steelers...
    2012 AFC title game.....lee evans ? a** dropped a TD pass that woulda put us in da SB and then kicker misses a 30 yard chip shot
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember hearing years ago that the bucs knew the raiders offensive plays that Superbowl. that could probably explain that asswhipping
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    06 playoffs Suns vs Lakers game 4, when Kobe hit the shot to send it to overtime, and the game winner from the elbow, I was 13 that ? cut deeply.

the Super Bowl with the Steelers and Cardinals after Fitz caught the touchdown my whole went bezerk but I knew smh I was like there's more time on the clock, after the Steelers scored, I never seen a room full of more deflated people
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Watching Ken Griffey Jr get older and hit a decline

and Barry Sanders never coming back , i thought he was ? 'n and 2 years had went by and i was like "Damn this ? serious"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    2004 American League Championship Series
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2004 American League Championship Series

If A-Rod's base hit near the end of game 4 doesn't go foul...

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching Roy Jones Jr fall off was no fun either for me.

My last favorite boxer...

...Mannn, ? LHD.

*walks out sniffin, sobbing, snot-bubbles.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like the other thread, Jake Delhome and John Fox ? us out of a superbowl appearance.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already mentioned in the T/s post, but the Rangers ? up game 6 of the World Series, not once but TWICE.
    I already knew when game 6 was over, that there was no way we would win a game 7.
    I remember just looking @ the Cards celebrate the walk-off HR.
    I turned off my tv, and walked away, without saying a word.
    The girl I was w/ at the time and was watching this travesty with knew not to mess with me, because that ? nearly broke my heart.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Roy Jones got KO'ed by Tarver in the rematch.
    Last time I actually cried during a sporting event. For over a decade plus, I thought Roy Jones was Superman.
    To make matters worse, Tarver was the Homecoming parade Grand Marshall for Bethune-Cookman, so he was living it up. I refused to attend it that year cause I would have thrown a brick at him as he went by, promptly getting my ass kicked in the process.

When Tyson got KO'ed by Lewis. I didn't get to see the fight cause I was working at night, but on my way back home, people were boarding the train with a sad look on their face, and some were muttering to themselves "I can't believe Tyson got dominated like that." To make it even worse I show up to school the next day and people who weren't even into boxing were wearing Lennox Lewis t-shirts. SMH

2006 Super Bowl. Hester returns the opening kick for a td. Chris Harris picks off Manning. Moose catches a td pass. I thought it would be smooth sailing from there. But as the game went on I realized, Chicago had Rex, the Colts had Manning.

2007 opening game, Bears vs Chargers.
    225px-Mike_Brown.jpg
    Mike Brown returns from his Lisfranc injury, and forces a fumble and gets a pick, then this happened, ? ? Lorenzo Neal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naS96wUQMyo&feature=related

And the post game interview when everyone's worst fears were confirmed (he would miss the remainder of the season), I got teary eyed watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7gTobIhEBY

Mike Brown was all heart, if it weren't for injuries, he would have been Hall of Fame Worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pj_ey8blG0&feature=related
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers not 4peatin in 03

Lakers lose in 04 finals,Lakers lose in 08 finals

Lakers gettin swept by Dallas in '11

Lebron wining his 1st ring (? I used to talk the most ? to every1 sayin he would never win 1, and thunder was goona win the chip but once he did won it ? put me on hush mode)

CP3 veto trade
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tie between Romo ? ' up the snap against the Seahawks in 2006 and Dallas gettin' smashed by the Vikes in 2009.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I cried when the Lakers lost to the Pistons in 04. Haven't shed a tear since. 08 vs. Boston was hard too. I just curled up in my bed for hours and didn't talk to anyone. 06 vs. Phoenix I was just stunned. Same with '11 sweep vs. Dallas I was too shocked but then I almost felt like I was gonna cry a couple hours later when it started to set in that Phil Jackson was done and we let him go out like that.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yea 2009 NFC Championship Eagles vs. Cardinals when Kevin Curtis got PI'd by Hood and they didn't call it. We shoulda won the Superbowl that year.

2010 Cowboys beating us 2 weeks in a row in the playoffs ? hurt like a ? .

Mets 2007 collapse. We haven't been the same since.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    medium_2d8b0053468ccf406b7917835423b6e0.jpg

a small part of me died when that pass got intercepted. i didnt leave my room. i didnt go outside. i didnt go to school. i refused to eat. i was devastated . typing this ? now got my soul burning

06 playoffs Suns vs Lakers game 4, when Kobe hit the shot to send it to overtime, and the game winner from the elbow, I was 13 that ? cut deeply.

the Super Bowl with the Steelers and Cardinals after Fitz caught the touchdown my whole went bezerk but I knew smh I was like there's more time on the clock, after the Steelers scored, I never seen a room full of more deflated people

i didnt pick sides in that sb until fitz was on the sideline and the offensive coordinator pointed to the sky to let him know his mother just watched him score the *seemingly* game winning TD in the superbowl. on some real that ? touched me a bit

• RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2001 world series
    1999 nba finals
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Losin to the Giants was bad, but not even close to this ? I suffered:

'86 "The Steal" (Bird picking off Zeke)
    '90 Losing to the Bulls
    '91-'92 Duke, UNC beating my Fab 5
    Losing Barry Sanders to retirement
    Losing to Ohio State with cheating ass Jim Tressel (with Clarrett who should had been in the pros, not NCAA)

Also added these two : Titans 1-yard SB, Canes losing to ? Ohio State (PI was ? )
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Oh yea 2009 NFC Championship Eagles vs. Cardinals when Kevin Curtis got PI'd by Hood and they didn't call it. We shoulda won the Superbowl that year.

2010 Cowboys beating us 2 weeks in a row in the playoffs ? hurt like a ? .

Mets 2007 collapse. We haven't been the same since.

Man I tried to forget about this one. And living in the Philly area made it worse.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man 2006. Bears-Colts Superbowl still hurts Rex ? Grossman that is all I have to say about that.

Cubs losing in 2003 NLCS Im a southsider but I had a little love for the cubs cuz my pops was a fan. That Bartman ? was like a movie made me believe the Cubbies are curse foreal.

D.Rose ACL tear ?
    I was literally depressed for a month. I just knew we could beat the Heat this time. The whole city was sad as hell that day ? for the whole Summer

Finally the first time Jordan retire in 93 I was 11 I cried cuz no lie Mike was my first hero. In Chicago ? Idolize Mike. I still remember how the hood was just silent outside like people lost a love one.