Christian Parents ruin everything

Options

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    lol my dad would have slapped me for being associated with Pokemon or harry potter. and it would have had nothing to do with religion.

my parents are christian and never interfered with video games i played or going to trick or treat.

Halloween was the Fall Festival at church.

No Pokeman, Simpsons, anything that may promote witchcraft, not even the Smurfs!

No type of secular music period, which got interesting when I started liking Rap and RnB, I found a copy of a Christian rap album by an artist called T-Bone on my bed one day.

My Keith Sweat single on cassette was infiltrated and promptly destroyed.

lol..what's crazy is how much they've loosened up in their old age.

what you know about D-Boy from back inna day?

plantin-a-seed.jpg
    the-lyrical-strength-of-one-street-poet.jpg

prolly one of the best known christian rappers from back inna day.

Murdered in front of his crib...
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i had 2 older brothers and when our youngest brother started having dealings with pokemon we beat him up. we didn't even know what that ? was, it just looked weird. but he wasn't very good at sports so it made sense
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That snoz though..lol.

He looks familiar, but I can't remember if I heard him or not.

I was always more into RnB so I gravitated towards BeBe & CeCe, Anointed, Out of Eden, that kinda thing.

I'll still put on some of that stuff to this day..reminds me of a simpler time.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was growing up my parents weren't religious, they believed, but until I got older I became and I read the bible and start developing a relationship with Yahweh Elohim and now I'm conscious and know my Hebrew heritage and gives me much more comfort in Yashwuah Maschiah and Yahweh Elohim.
  • Matt-
    Options
    That snoz though..lol.

I was always more into RnB so I gravitated towards BeBe & CeCe, Anointed, Out of Eden, that kinda thing.

i'm sure you had Color Me Bad in the walkman
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    lol, why, who didn't love pokemon

i loved that ? when i was younger, but that was when they just had 150 pokemon, they got like a thousand now, ain't nobody got time for that

All the real ? played pokemon. I remember this lady told her children to stop playing with us because she didn't want her kids involved in it. The churches around here were telling people that pokemon was demonic but I don't ever remember hearing a reason why?? Does anybody remember why that was goin on?

I know somebody like that parent the threadstarter is talking about. Wouldn't even let his daughter go to prom because he said it's "worldly". Christian to the ? extreme of extremes. I have a feeling one day his daughter is going to rebel, not only against him but religion.

They are called Pocket Monsters = Pokemon, Duh and they have demons inside them and each evolution was a higher level form of a demon. They were going up the ranks.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    Yeah because atheist parents are so much fun to be around!

they might be....?

No ? there's a difference. No disrespect, but maybe your parents were just lame. As a kid, there were boundaries but my parents never invested there time into making me fear certain aspects of mainstream culture that can be seen as trivial.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

You should pick up your feelings. They're all over the floor.

Not at all ? . I was simply making fun of the ridiculous premises of the thread. Seems as if you caught feelings over me making fun of atheists, smh.

I'm just callin it how I see it brother man. You resorted to name calling which IMO is proof of feelings. Sorry?? Look at the post above this one. You need to calm down, for real.

• dwade206
    Options
    *Tears* "Wah, wah, wah, my parents believe in ? so I wasn't allowed to watch the Smurfs and Video Music Box and eat candy cigarettes or have a bubble gum beeper."

Y'all serious?!?

MAN UP!
  • Kat
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    That snoz though..lol.

i'm sure you had Color Me Bad in the walkman

lol..my parents were like the Feds..I learned to just do that ? at my friends house.

Even though I feel like some of my parents choices in how to raise us kinda kept us behind the curve developmentally, now I'm kinda glad.

I wish they would've allowed me to experience more in my teens, so my 20s wouldn't have been filled with dumb ? my friends had already been through.

I still feel immature in that regard.

• Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^^ feelings

Ajackson17 wrote: »
    They are called Pocket Monsters = Pokemon, Duh

lol I know that, ? . I still don't see it though. I mean, kids play with monster toys and games. I never saw what the big deal was.
  • Kat
    Options
    *Tears* "Wah, wah, wah, my parents believe in ? so I wasn't allowed to watch the Smurfs and Video Music Box and eat candy cigarettes or have a bubble gum beeper."

Y'all serious?!?

MAN UP!

It's just a discussion..why so serious?
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol... funny ? . I remember when Pokemon cards came out EVERRYBODYYY wanted some of them joints! Me being all late to the ? and all never got my hands on a full set, not until all the parents in my neighborhood started trippin about them saying they were demonic.

Us kids used to get out of school and hangout everyday to talk about that ? and one of the dudes his dad was the super religious preacher on the street and he told everyone that he woke up one night and it was pikachu demon looking at him or some ? .. and i think he ended up suffering from a light heart attack or somethin So all the parents ended up taking their kids pokemon cards and they put em in a pile and just burnt them all. That ? was like a episode of South Park..

Then after this happened and everyone was gettin over Pokemon my unlucky ass stumbled across some cards that had been left out of the burning, the only downside was won't nobody ? with Pokemon cards anymore in the hood.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Not only Christian parents doggy, there´s parents like that for all religions. Believe it or not, christian parents are the most lenient.

exactly, i doubt they have ? on muslim parents.

cosign. yall never get to experience the joy of celebrating the birth of our lord and savior jesus christ by going out and doing the opposite of what he preaches and basking in material things that cost much more money that people can actually afford. And while we are getting fat. eating good. yall are on a run somewhere fasting for a week smellin like currie.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I played Pokemon on my Gameboy and one of the Christian boys was bugging out about the game ( he liked it) so I let him play for a bit and his mother went ape ? . She said that it was devilish. Funny though, they all love the ? out of Twilight. Christians are dumbfucks man, they pick and choose what's what.

Was always told that "Halloween" was evil, yet they do "Hallelujahween". No lie. They do a festival type thing @ the church, they got superheroes, princesses, bible characters, animals etc... Talk about being a ? hypocrite.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Y'all serious?!?

MAN UP!

Calm the ? down ?

Im just calling it like I see it. You can easily ? the thread if your so offended by us lightly looking back on the stupid ? ours and other parents did to "protect their kids from spirtits". Apparently myself and plenty other ? in here had their childhood somewhat affected because of our parents beliefs. My parents are still great parents they just let their piety affect their logic at times.

• dwade206
    Options

Y'all serious?!?

MAN UP!

It's just a discussion..why so serious?

...ain't ? serious about this.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    lol, why, who didn't love pokemon

i loved that ? when i was younger, but that was when they just had 150 pokemon, they got like a thousand now, ain't nobody got time for that

All the real ? played pokemon. I remember this lady told her children to stop playing with us because she didn't want her kids involved in it. The churches around here were telling people that pokemon was demonic but I don't ever remember hearing a reason why?? Does anybody remember why that was goin on?

I know somebody like that parent the threadstarter is talking about. Wouldn't even let his daughter go to prom because he said it's "worldly". Christian to the ? extreme of extremes. I have a feeling one day his daughter is going to rebel, not only against him but religion.

They are called Pocket Monsters = Pokemon, Duh and they have demons inside them and each evolution was a higher level form of a demon. They were going up the ranks.

you're reaching.

It's some ? made by Japanese that largely don't believe in the constructs of Christianity. It was some sci-fi ? made for kids amusement. Only an idiot will make some sort of connection to "demons" and ? where none existed.
  • konceptjones
    Options
    That snoz though..lol.

He was from Dallas, TX. You might have heard of him.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    ^^ feelings

They are called Pocket Monsters = Pokemon, Duh

lol I know that, ? . I still don't see it though. I mean, kids play with monster toys and games. I never saw what the big deal was.

It was the aspects of "magical powers", evolution, and the fact that most Christian parents didnt understand the Pokemon originated in Japan so alot of the pokemon were meant to embody spiritual/mystical East Asian concepts, which Christian parents interpreted as pagan/demonic.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They are, there's no panic for everything and we don't tell our kids to rely on a ? to feel better about themselves.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I wish they would've allowed me to experience more in my teens, so my 20s wouldn't have been filled with dumb ? my friends had already been through.

I still feel immature in that regard.

This is what I feel like more parents should understand. All that extreme sheltering isn't healthy for your child. I understand that as parents, our job is to protect our children but if we don't let them experience things while they're young, they'll become ignorant adults (not saying you are) who could make terrible childish decisions worsened by the fact that they're now older without the aid of their parents.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    Im just glad Dragonball Z never got on the Evangelical radar. That woulda been the last straw.

Really that still surprises me to this day. My parents NEVER heard about that ? . Its almost like ? learned from how Pokemon got demonized that they just kept DBZ under wraps to prevent the same thing lol
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It was the aspects of "magical powers", evolution, and the fact that most Christian parents didnt understand the Pokemon originated in Japan so alot of the pokemon were meant to embody spiritual/mystical East Asian concepts, which Christian parents interpreted as pagan/demonic.

Makes sense
    Im just glad Dragonball Z never got on the Evangelical radar. That woulda been the last straw.

Really that still surprises me to this day. My parents NEVER heard about that ? . Its almost like ? learned from how Pokemon got demonized that they just kept DBZ under wraps to prevent the same thing lol

That's because parents are really out of the loop and they only go on what the media or other people tell them (i.e. their preacher) without doing the research.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Tone Dubbz wrote: »
    one of the dudes his dad was the super religious preacher on the street and he told everyone that he woke up one night and it was pikachu demon looking at him or some ? .. and i think he ended up suffering from a light heart attack or somethin

tumblr_lrl519y4E81qdres4.gif