Christian Parents ruin everything

Options

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    all real ? played pokemon cuz they seen them price guides and knew they could get rich if they got them a few hologram charizard cards

? treated them shyts like the new age bball cards, had em in plastic and everything

i still got all my ? somewhere at my mama house SMH someone owe me a few stacks cuz it was all about the $$$$ back then but i aint get ? smh. ? was checkin the price guides online everyday
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just glad Dragonball Z never got on the Evangelical radar. That woulda been the last straw.

Really that still surprises me to this day. My parents NEVER heard about that ? . Its almost like ? learned from how Pokemon got demonized that they just kept DBZ under wraps to prevent the same thing lol

its that serious tho? like you'd really hold a grudge over not being allowed to watch a tv show as a child to the point that you'd feel your childhood was ruined? thank goodness i was able to watch the simpsons growing up, but if i wasn't allowed to, then i wouldn't be bitter about it now.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was the aspects of "magical powers", evolution, and the fact that most Christian parents didnt understand the Pokemon originated in Japan so alot of the pokemon were meant to embody spiritual/mystical East Asian concepts, which Christian parents interpreted as pagan/demonic.

Makes sense
    Im just glad Dragonball Z never got on the Evangelical radar. That woulda been the last straw.

Really that still surprises me to this day. My parents NEVER heard about that ? . Its almost like ? learned from how Pokemon got demonized that they just kept DBZ under wraps to prevent the same thing lol

That's because parents are really out of the loop and they only go on what the media or other people tell them (i.e. their preacher) without doing the research.

they're sheeple. They don't want to think on their own, they just want someone to tell them right from wrong and be led.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LORD willing, one day you will thank your parents for raising you to fear the LORD.

I grew up in the church and I hated it. When I got to my teenage years I rebelled and lived in darkness for years. But glory be to ? that He saved me from the pit and brought me back into His glorious light. The grace of ? is what saved me alone, but If it wasn't for my mom dragging me to church day after day, month after month, year after year, coupled with her prayers for me, It would have been so much harder for me to recognize the voice of ? when He visited me on the day of my salvation.

Now that I am older and wiser, I look back on my life and see the hand of ? all the way through it. But When I was lost, without hope, and utterly fruitless, i didnt appreciate what my mother was doing for me; which was teaching me the fear of the LORD!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

Praise ? Almighty forever and ever!
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

its that serious tho? like you'd really hold a grudge over not being allowed to watch a tv show as a child to the point that you'd feel your childhood was ruined? thank goodness i was able to watch the simpsons growing up, but if i wasn't allowed to, then i wouldn't be bitter about it now.

Naw its really not. My parents werent really that bad. And like most kids, If I really wanted to do/watch something, i was gonna do it anyway. I was a "good kid" so my parents would warn me or try to tell me something, but for most small things thats as far as it went.

• Knives Amilli
    Options
    LORD willing, one day you will thank your parents for raising you to fear the LORD.

I grew up in the church and I hated it. When I got to my teenage years I rebelled and lived in darkness for years. But glory be to ? that He saved me from the pit and brought me back into His glorious light. The grace of ? is what saved me alone, but If it wasn't for my mom dragging me to church day after day, month after month, year after year, coupled with her prayers for me, It would have been so much harder for me to recognize the voice of ? when He visited me on the day of my salvation.

Now that I am older and wiser, I look back on my life and see the hand of ? all the way through it. But When I was lost, without hope, and utterly fruitless, i didnt appreciate what my mother was doing for me; which was teaching me the fear of the LORD! Praise ? Almighty forever and ever!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

I forgot you even existed brah.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    i remember trading cards with these ? ass lil ? (id say hood ? but c'mon we was in 4th or 5th grade) for the neighborhood next door. my godbrother felt like one of them ? stole his ? and ? got real as ? , had parents outside and ? , gettin lil homie to run his pockets

lol i was jus watchin cuz both sides was my ppl.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went to catholic school for two years in middle school.

They did enough by themselves to make me dislike them. Parents ain't religious though.

But in New Orleans Catholic school education >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Public School educate
  • Black Boy King
    Options

my mama and daddy wouldnt have dared tried to deter me from DBZ. i probably wouldve cursed ? after that SMH!

? they made sure they scheduled my extracurriculur AROUND 5pm to 530pm LMAO. I was NOT missing 5 seconds of that ? . SMH @ 1 scene of that show taking a whole week to get through, ? having full fledge conversations on the battle field floatin in the air n ? , i was like "what the ? , someone blast that ? yo"
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    we weren't allowed to watch the simpsons cuz my mom saw bart refer to his dad as homer once lol. i don't think that had much to do with religion tho, i think she thought we'd start doing that. we weren't allowed to trick or treat, or go to sleep overs or concerts. i couldn't go to school dances til high school (oddly tho, my youngest sister, the only one left at home is allowed to do all those things, my parents have def lightened up)

my aunt hated when we'd say things like oh lord, she'd always be like "it's allah, not lord" i think she thought lord was another name for jesus or something. besides that, our only real restrictions were what we could eat. we had to ask, is there pork in it? when ever anyone offered us food, no pop tarts, skittles, starburst, or anything with marshmallows in it. halal marshmallows taste gross lol

why no fruit candy?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    lol, why, who didn't love pokemon

i loved that ? when i was younger, but that was when they just had 150 pokemon, they got like a thousand now, ain't nobody got time for that

All the real ? played pokemon. I remember this lady told her children to stop playing with us because she didn't want her kids involved in it. The churches around here were telling people that pokemon was demonic but I don't ever remember hearing a reason why?? Does anybody remember why that was goin on?

I know somebody like that parent the threadstarter is talking about. Wouldn't even let his daughter go to prom because he said it's "worldly". Christian to the ? extreme of extremes. I have a feeling one day his daughter is going to rebel, not only against him but religion.

They are called Pocket Monsters = Pokemon, Duh and they have demons inside them and each evolution was a higher level form of a demon. They were going up the ranks.

you're reaching.

It's some ? made by Japanese that largely don't believe in the constructs of Christianity. It was some sci-fi ? made for kids amusement. Only an idiot will make some sort of connection to "demons" and ? where none existed.

Of course the ones who don't believe are the same that are manipulated by forces that hate your for being created in Yahweh image. LOL
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Now that I am older and wiser, I look back on my life and see the hand of ? all the way through it. But When I was lost, without hope, and utterly fruitless, i didnt appreciate what my mother was doing for me; which was teaching me the fear of the LORD! Praise ? Almighty forever and ever!

I forgot you even existed brah.

Thank the ? of all blessing and praise, that He never will!

"Then they that feared the LORD spoke often one to another; and the LORD listened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon His name." Malachi 3:16
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we weren't allowed to watch the simpsons cuz my mom saw bart refer to his dad as homer once lol. i don't think that had much to do with religion tho, i think she thought we'd start doing that. we weren't allowed to trick or treat, or go to sleep overs or concerts. i couldn't go to school dances til high school (oddly tho, my youngest sister, the only one left at home is allowed to do all those things, my parents have def lightened up)

my aunt hated when we'd say things like oh lord, she'd always be like "it's allah, not lord" i think she thought lord was another name for jesus or something. besides that, our only real restrictions were what we could eat. we had to ask, is there pork in it? when ever anyone offered us food, no pop tarts, skittles, starburst, or anything with marshmallows in it. halal marshmallows taste gross lol

Altoids are also haraam, as are many candies on the market. You'd be surprised at how much pork is in foods you've probably eaten over the years.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Now that I am older and wiser, I look back on my life and see the hand of ? all the way through it. But When I was lost, without hope, and utterly fruitless, i didnt appreciate what my mother was doing for me; which was teaching me the fear of the LORD!

Praise ? Almighty forever and ever!

EXACTLY!!!!! It's much harder to get with the Lord when your not in his presence when your younger and I have seen it usually take some catastrophic things to get them right. Even when your in his presence ? has to do a Jonah on you to get you right.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yea super religious folks need to calm down. Halloween is just a fun holiday, thats all. I have a cousin who is all like u shouldn't be celebrating Halloween. It means u worship the devil. Im like wtf chill out
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

On of many reason I can't rock with with this ? .
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is a ? though.

"You're worthless, you're ? , you're bad, you're evil, you're hopeless, you're dead, you're a fool, unless of course you get w me". - otherwise known as self hate.

SMH @ people needing ? to assure them they're otherwise.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

That's the Old Covenant aka the Law. if you want to live under the Law, you are living under a curse. For cursed is everyone who does not keep the whole law. But thanks be to ? that Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law and set those who were under the curse of the law free, by faith in Him. Hallelujah!
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol my dad would have slapped me for watching pokemon. and it would have had nothing to do with religion.

lol, why, who didn't love pokemon

i loved that ? when i was younger, but that was when they just had 150 pokemon, they got like a thousand now, ain't nobody got time for that

Pokemon was the worst fad back in the late 90's and early 00's.

? were gettin stabbed for holograph Charizard card

Ridiculous.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Yea super religious folks need to calm down. Halloween is just a fun holiday, thats all. I have a cousin who is all like u shouldn't be celebrating Halloween. It means u worship the devil. Im like wtf chill out

Well if your not worshipping ? day in and day out, who are you worshipping?

There are only 2 families on earth, the family of ? and the family of Satan.

If your not under the Lordship if Jesus Christ, your under the lordship of Satan.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I grew up in a Christian (Baptist) family but never had this issue. Mom's let me celebrate Halloween and she bought me costumes & took me trick or treating. I played whatever video games i wanted. She was never really a fan of rap music, but what parents are?
  • Ajackson17
    Options

That's the Old Covenant aka the Law. if you want to live under the Law, you are living under a curse. For cursed is everyone who does not keep the whole law. But thanks be to ? that Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law and set those who were under the curse of the law free, by faith in Him. Hallelujah!

Exactly! The law was created for the lawless because they didn't have the truth residing in them = Holy Spirit in which all truth and knowledge is in him. So with the spirit we know that freedom is definitely a thing of ? , but having faith and keeping the commandments and spirtual truth and knowledge you won't be thinking of owning no slaves or having servants. Cause you want to see everyone being prosper. That's what the slave masters didn't have in them if they professed Christian as their religion, they didn't have him residing in them or otherwise they wouldn't do what they have done.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i do always wonder why nobody really raises an issue with non christians celebrating christmas. if people just randomly started celebrating that jewish holiday people would go nuts. like what the ? are you doing? but i guess christmas is so commercialized now it doesn't even phase people. within a few years it will probably just be called Wal-Mart Presents: The International Day of Giving and Receiving
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2012
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    ? is a ? though.

"You're worthless, you're ? , you're bad, you're evil, you're hopeless, you're dead, you're a fool, unless of course you get w me". - otherwise known as self hate.

SMH @ people needing ? to assure them they're otherwise.

He came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Those who thought they knew it all, had it all, and lived it all; wil have their day on the last day. Naked will they stand before the King and all their thoughts, words, actions, and deeds will be laid bare before the King of the universe and all of His created intelligences.

Mocking, scorn, rebuke, hate, and deception will have no effect when the wicked stand before their Creator on that dreadful day. Thus, the wicked will be without excuse when they will be found utterly destitute of any righteousness because their works were found worthless in comparison to the finished work of Christ Jesus.

Therefore the universal principal of reaping and sowing will have it's ultimate culmination when the wicked reap their just reward on the last day. Amen.
  • Knives Amilli
    Options
    i do always wonder why nobody really raises an issue with non christians celebrating christmas. if people just randomly started celebrating that jewish holiday people would go nuts. like what the ? are you doing? but i guess christmas is so commercialized now it doesn't even phase people. within a few years it will probably just be called Wal-Mart Presents: The International Day of Giving and Receiving

Yeah. THat.

Same could be said for Easter.