Biggest Flops of the Year are....?

Options
StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
what do you think were the biggest disappointments of the year? And flops?

IMO

Triple_F_Life.jpg

and

B.o.B_-_Strange_Clouds_-_LP_Cover.jpg

commercially at least

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Of course Krey wins this commercially, but I am disappointed in the Dreams and Nightmares.
  • King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Those two for sure, Waka had a strong start to the year with Round of Applause and I Don't Really Care was a good follow up. The album altogether was trash though, from what I remember the only songs I kept were Lurkin & Rooster in my Rari. Songs like fist pump and get low were awful.

We all know BOB was gonna stick with his formula rap/pop records, but overall it just wasn't that good. He can do better. No Genre mixtape was dope and EPIC had some good records.

ross2012.jpg
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Of course Krey wins this commercially, but I am disappointed in the Dreams and Nightmares.

did anyone have high expectations for her tho?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

take a look at the threads about her from last year. ? was embarrassing themselves trying to justify liking that wack ? .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

take a look at the threads about her from last year. ? was embarrassing themselves trying to justify liking that wack ? .

smdh, i know @turfaholic loves her racist ass and her racist crew but forreal tho?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kreayshawn's "album"
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm disappointed in the GOOD album but I'm ? off with that horrid slaughterhouse album. if it wasn't for the mixtape, which is amazing, I would have written them fools off.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not that I would give a f about it, but that Kreayshawn ? sold about 78 albums
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    havnet listened to Waka, but wasnt feeling B.o.b
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the MMG releases. Honestly the only one u can call disappointing was Ross's he usually comes better on albums. Idk what people were expecting from Meek or the compilation of the same 3 songs over but enh

Good Music belongs in here. i cant help but feel that Kanye was testing the market
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Red>>>>>>>>>>>

2012 overall has been a year of flops. Kreayshawn don't have a real fanbase, so that wasn't surprising to me. Didn't even know Waka had an album out, maybe I been living under a rock. The worst flop in my opinion has to be Nicki Minaj. You headline 3 major events (Grammys, Superbowl, All Star game), get millions of dollars in promo, all just to sell 200K? And honestly, I don't even think that's her fault. It's just a sign of a changing industry, and everyone's being affected by it. K Dot sold about the same, and had half the pop appeal and promo.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm disappointed in the GOOD album but I'm ? off with that horrid slaughterhouse album. if it wasn't for the mixtape, which is amazing, I would have written them fools off.

Word, I'm still bumping the mixtape
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Red>>>>>>>>>>>

2012 overall has been a year of flops. Kreayshawn don't have a real fanbase, so that wasn't surprising to me. Didn't even know Waka had an album out, maybe I been living under a rock. The worst flop in my opinion has to be Nicki Minaj. You headline 3 major events (Grammys, Superbowl, All Star game), get millions of dollars in promo, all just to sell 200K? And honestly, I don't even think that's her fault. It's just a sign of a changing industry, and everyone's being affected by it. K Dot sold about the same, and had half the pop appeal and promo.

Co sign this whole post
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    it's funny how Ross flopped, when quality wise his album was good.
    yea i expected more... Teflon don, dude was flame torching, and he seems to get better with every album.
    but overall, it was a good album. and commercially he's on par to sell what he usually sell, between 650000-800,000
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b.o.b should be a pop superstar right now.his music is cool
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if ross on pace to do what he normally do ,
    i cant really say he flopped

i dont think ross can even go plat or multi plat because he aint really pop like that.
    jus cause he get drake on the singles dont mean those white girls comin out to buy the album,
    they jus gon get the single at most
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    All the MMG releases. Honestly the only one u can call disappointing was Ross's he usually comes better on albums. Idk what people were expecting from Meek or the compilation of the same 3 songs over but enh

Good Music belongs in here. i cant help but feel that Kanye was testing the market

Savage Journey to the American Dream was amazing
    Rich Forever is Ross's best work
    Self Made 2 was pretty good, i didn't feel it as much as SM1 but still a good tape
    Dreamchasers 2 was fire
    GFID was eh, it was disappointing
    Meeks was disappointing
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    slaughterhouse
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked GFID for the most part. I really liked that run of 3 straight bangers (Hold Me Back/911/So Sophisticated).

The most disappointing album to me is Dreams and Nightmares.
    The biggest Flop, IMO is Roman Reloaded. Nicki said she was trying to sell 5M's off that ? . Its a flop because of the risk she took to make it appeal to Pop and Rap fans.
  • walwyn
    walwyn Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No MGK mention? Son dropped his album and I didnt even know there was a release date for it
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meek's ? was disappointing.
    GFID wack ass title only joints i liked are amesterdam and ten jesus pieces.meek went in on so sophisticated.
    self made 2 was dope except for french montana's gibberish.

ross and meek's mixtapes are >>> than their albums.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    walwyn wrote: »
    No MGK mention? Son dropped his album and I didnt even know there was a release date for it

That ? dropped? Wooooooooooow...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL.. I don't even know what's MGK's album is called..
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? is a mgk