Options
1235»

Comments

• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    The way Ross is hyped makes his release a flop. ? was painted the new Biggie and cant compete with the big boys. ? doing "Pound The Alarm" numbers with "Watch The Throne" buzz

Ross has the second highest 1st week sales this year. Would've had the highest but Kendrick dropped a masterpiece.

Nobody went Plat this year from Rap. Ross isnt the exception.

I don't care who went plat. Ross had a great year in a weak period of hip hop. Any chart toppers? Hell what were his singles? Why does the Life Is Good thread still pop up on thi forum but Ross last effort has faded. Anybody with ears pretty much gave it the same review. It was a ass album that was supposed to push Ross over into elite status. But instead the ? has come and gone like every other MMG release. ? was a commercial flop in every way

Ross album sold more than Nas so did Nas flop? I'm talking about the Premise of this thread and that alone.

I personally think Ross is a wack rapper who is mediocre at Best but that's not what this thread is about.

And ANYBODY who thought Ross would do more than what he did obviously doesn't pay attention to numbers or understand the current climate.

ross had way more pub and media and marketing tho. can't compare him to nas,even if they sold the same amount.

I know that but Critical Acclaim pushed Nas album like it pushed Kendrick album. Word of mouth is still the BEST promo u can get. And Nas wasn't deprived of Promo tho Def Jam put a lot of funds up for his album also. They just used it in a different way because Ross fanbase is a different demographic.

TBH Life is Good was handled very well by Def Jam that's the most Label push Nas got in a while.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    bob may have kinda flopped, but i thought the album was good, same with tyga tyga(i know i know, nobody likes him) even tho he caught a bad deal with that mlk thing, ross was a bit of a disappointment musically but it was still solid, my ? tity boi dropped the biggest disappointment tho imo. i still got several albums sittin on the hard drive waiting to be listened to tho such as meeks, mgk's, slaughterhouse, etc. still dont plan on downloading waka's album tho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i dont understand how RickyCop flopped tho, his first week of gfid sold more than his first week of teflon cop
    he didnt, but he disappointed some people, some posters in the thread are sayin flop when they mean to say disappointment
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    blackbloc wrote: »
    i dont understand how RickyCop flopped tho, his first week of gfid sold more than his first week of teflon cop
    its not about the 1st week its about the long haul and unlike tf , gfid became a weed plate on its 2nd week,and comparing it another southern artist on same label in the same genre aka jeezy , roos flopped since his alum was more anticipated . had more promo and did worse #sin every way compered to tm103

jeezy was promotin and talm bout tm103 for 3 years tho, the anticipation reached heights never b4 seen
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So...Nas sold less than Ross but Nas didnt flop? Ok...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You comparing Nas and ross buzz b? Do you think before you post?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    forget buzz im talkin bout sales...in what world is selling at least 500,000 units is considered a flop?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    forget buzz im talkin bout sales...in what world is selling at least 500,000 units is considered a flop?

GFID is Gold? Since When?

• Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Options
    It was a thread on here sayin he went gold...

I could be wrong tho ? it...
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Nas gets critical acclaim for everything even when he does not deserve it. I have a high level of respect for Nas but that album does not have a single song in mainstream rotation and like it or not dude is a mainstream rapper. Nas is like the dude people want to claim is the only successful underground mainstream rapper. Nas is currently on the list of most overrated as much as I like him he is making minimal impact to be so skilled let his stans and the media tell it. With great gifts comes great responsibilities, to be so great; let you people tell it, what is Nas really doing?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

riaa.com
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not about the 1st week its about the long haul and unlike tf , gfid became a weed plate on its 2nd week,and comparing it another southern artist on same label in the same genre aka jeezy , roos flopped since his alum was more anticipated . had more promo and did worse #sin every way compered to tm103

jeezy was promotin and talm bout tm103 for 3 years tho, the anticipation reached heights never b4 seen

that why ross was source mag mc of the year 2 years in a row , gq name his album the most anticipated album period for 2011. he was all over media between 0ct-dec 2001 and then mtv named his mixtape top 5 album of the 1st 1/2 2o12. GFID has way more buzz/ anticipation then tm103 . most people counted jeezy out
  • blackbloc
    Options

riaa.com

remember gold and plat is for albums shipped not sold , def jam has shipped more then 500k for GFID, but it has not sold more then 500k yet its almost there but not yet .
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

riaa.com

remember gold and plat is for albums shipped not sold , def jam has shipped more then 500k for GFID, but it has not sold more then 500k yet its almost there but not yet .

Im perfectly aware of that, just see my previous posts in this thread. Does that change the fact that the album is gold?
  • blackbloc
    Options

riaa.com

Im perfectly aware of that, just see my previous posts in this thread. Does that change the fact that the album is gold?

no but its nothing to even worth mentioning , unless your work for def jam or one of the retailers that are sitting a bunch of unsold copies of GFID
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

riaa.com

no but its nothing to even worth mentioning , unless your work for def jam or one of the retailers that are sitting a bunch of unsold copies of GFID

well there you go

plaques>>sales

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    there shouldnt be a knock on being "shipped" gold, obviously they will sell it eventually
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    you can ? about it all you want @turfoholic but everyone remembers that you were certifed diamond, not that you sold 5.54 million copies of your album (Outkast). People remember you went gold but not that you sold slightly over 1 mil (Clipse Lord Willin). The vast majority of albums that certified plat and multi plat don't reach those numbers. Its always been about shipments.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

? thought tm103 had gone the way of Detox and didn't even think it'd ever come out...remember all the "We get ? album pushed back" talk from Ross when the first MMG compilation dropped last summer? TM103 had some promo but no real hit single...hell the biggest song released "I Do" never even had a video