Christians are arrogant as ? .

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    time is a human concept that was created as an important part of the existence. what you are saying is that there had to be time before there was space which is wrong. even science agree with me here it's called the space-time. space and time are linked no space no time no time no space.

Space time refers to the 3 dimensions of an object existing in space plus time which is movement or a sequence of actual events. Spacetime has nothing important to add to your argument. If you want to argue that there was no time b4 our universe, go ahead but you will have to drop gods omnipotence since he would be limited without creation and restrained by the absense of time
  • Bodhi
    Options
    And if ? did exist outside of time and all of creation including evermything outside of himself (heaven, the angels, the universe, etc etc.) was created simultaneously without previous thought or action including time itself, that means that ? NEEDED to create time first before he could move and think freely at all, meaning without an actual creation, ? cannot have free will. That means he is not omnipotent alone and is restrained by the absense of time and I'm sure you dont want to give up gods omnipotence

? does not need to think or move and the bible is very clear and i have gone over it with you already that ? does limit himself, but thiS IS A CHOICE MADE BY ? AND IS AN EXAMPLE OF HIS OMNIPOTENCE.

If he HAD to limit himself, that means he had no choice in the matter - He was limited before limiting himself and if he had no thought before creating, he didnt possibly PLAN to limit himself because he couldnt think, meaning his limitation was a requirement; it is part of what he is - a limited ? .

Do not put words in my mouth, I never said he had too just that he has. ? thinking or not before creation is impossible to know. BECAUSE it would first mean understanding fully what ? is in every aspect and that is impossible because like i told you We lack the frame or reference to describe ? . We can only understand ? based on how we see he treats us.

and do you understand what omnipotence really means ? it means you can do anything by doing nothing it means you HAVE unlimited power but part of that power is the ability to limit ones self if one chooses.

I said he HAD to only because you claim there was no time before he created it. If there was no time, ? could not think because thinking is a succession of mental events and to have any sequence of events whatsoever would require time. So if he couldnt think about limiting himself, that means he HAD to limit himself in order to think at all.

If we only know of ? by how he treats us, in theory, he would not love us because according to the bible, corinthians to be specific, love keeps no record of wrongs. But then, also according to the bible, ? keeps record of our wrongs. So there lies a contradiction.

Thinking is a succession of mental event for humans and not for ? . ? is not linear. there is no simple this then that. ? only acts and thinks linear when he feels like it and it is impossible to know when he feels like it.

? keeps no records of wrongs if you have faith in christ. what do you think you are going to sin and get away with it? no there is no contradiction once you understand what you are reading and put it in proper context.

What is thinking exactly if not a sequence of mental events?

The greatest wrong, then, to ? is the absense of belief. If you do not believe, supposedly he keeps record of this wrong, which is non belief. But then the Bible says that love keeps no record of wrong. The contradiction still stands.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    And if ? did exist outside of time and all of creation including evermything outside of himself (heaven, the angels, the universe, etc etc.) was created simultaneously without previous thought or action including time itself, that means that ? NEEDED to create time first before he could move and think freely at all, meaning without an actual creation, ? cannot have free will. That means he is not omnipotent alone and is restrained by the absense of time and I'm sure you dont want to give up gods omnipotence

? does not need to think or move and the bible is very clear and i have gone over it with you already that ? does limit himself, but thiS IS A CHOICE MADE BY ? AND IS AN EXAMPLE OF HIS OMNIPOTENCE.

If he HAD to limit himself, that means he had no choice in the matter - He was limited before limiting himself and if he had no thought before creating, he didnt possibly PLAN to limit himself because he couldnt think, meaning his limitation was a requirement; it is part of what he is - a limited ? .

Do not put words in my mouth, I never said he had too just that he has. ? thinking or not before creation is impossible to know. BECAUSE it would first mean understanding fully what ? is in every aspect and that is impossible because like i told you We lack the frame or reference to describe ? . We can only understand ? based on how we see he treats us.

and do you understand what omnipotence really means ? it means you can do anything by doing nothing it means you HAVE unlimited power but part of that power is the ability to limit ones self if one chooses.

I said he HAD to only because you claim there was no time before he created it. If there was no time, ? could not think because thinking is a succession of mental events and to have any sequence of events whatsoever would require time. So if he couldnt think about limiting himself, that means he HAD to limit himself in order to think at all.

If we only know of ? by how he treats us, in theory, he would not love us because according to the bible, corinthians to be specific, love keeps no record of wrongs. But then, also according to the bible, ? keeps record of our wrongs. So there lies a contradiction.

Thinking is a succession of mental event for humans and not for ? . ? is not linear. there is no simple this then that. ? only acts and thinks linear when he feels like it and it is impossible to know when he feels like it.

? keeps no records of wrongs if you have faith in christ. what do you think you are going to sin and get away with it? no there is no contradiction once you understand what you are reading and put it in proper context.

What is thinking exactly if not a sequence of mental events?

The greatest wrong, then, to ? is the absense of belief. If you do not believe, supposedly he keeps record of this wrong, which is non belief. But then the Bible says that love keeps no record of wrong. The contradiction still stands.

Thinking for man is a sequence of events but not for ? because like i told you ? does not live only in the linear time flow that man does. i know that that is hard to understand for you, but that is how it is. if anything i would say that all gods thoughts happen outside of sequence and that all his infinte plans happen out side of sequence even the contradictory ones. This is not to say that everything that will happened OR COULD HAPPEN has happened. or that ? has predestined all possiblities JUST THAT THE FLOW of certain events ? has allowed man to choose. because ? 's will and thoughts are not always put into effects becauase to a certain extent he has allowed the created to control the universe.but this is by gods choice. this is my understanding of how ? thinks although the bible says no man can really know the mind of ? .

if you do not have faith in christ and ask ? for forgiveness your wrongs will be recorded. ? keeping no record of wrongs is only for thoses who look like christ in gods eyes. love keeps no record of wrongs. ? is love, and ? in His grace (love) has provided a way through Christ to erase all wrongs.

Jeremiah 32:19 ...Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve.
    Revelation 2:23 ...Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

It is also important to understand a few things when we are talking about the nature of ? , and the context of the scripture you site. When Paul is writing to the Corinthians he is not contradicting these scriptures. He is specifically talking about the traits of love, and how living is Christ can manifest these realities into our life. When we have trusted in Christ, the record has been wiped clean. Just as ? , in His love has erased our wrongs, ? also empowers us through love to do the same.

• Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options

Thinking for man is a sequence of events but not for ? because like i told you ? does not live only in the linear time flow that man does. i know that that is hard to understand for you but that is how it is

Explain it to me then. How does that work?
    if you do not have faith in christ and ask ? for forgiveness your wrongs will be recorded. ? keeping no record of wrongs is only for thoses who look like christ in gods eyes. love keeps no record of wrongs. ? is love, and ? in His grace (love) has provided a way through Christ to erase all wrongs.

Jeremiah 32:19 ...Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve.
    Revelation 2:23 ...Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

It is also important to understand a few things when we are talking about the nature of ? , and the context of the scripture you site. When Paul is writing to the Corinthians he is not contradicting these scriptures. He is specifically talking about the traits of love, and how living is Christ can manifest these realities into our life. When we have trusted in Christ, the record has been wiped clean. Just as ? , in His love has erased our wrongs, ? also empowers us through love to do the same.

The greatest wrong, then, to ? is the absence of belief. If you do not believe, supposedly he keeps record of this wrong, which is non belief. But then the Bible says that love keeps no record of wrong. The contradiction still stands.

So you're saying he does not "love" his creation at all unless his creation is worshipping him? That does not sound like true love to me. Love is not self serving.
  • zombie
    Options

Thinking for man is a sequence of events but not for ? because like i told you ? does not live only in the linear time flow that man does. i know that that is hard to understand for you but that is how it is

The greatest wrong, then, to ? is the absence of belief. If you do not believe, supposedly he keeps record of this wrong, which is non belief. But then the Bible says that love keeps no record of wrong. The contradiction still stands.

So you're saying he does not "love" his creation at all unless his creation is worshipping him? That does not sound like true love to me. Love is not self serving.

There is no contrsdiction if you understand the perfect nature of ? 's love,You have to put the whole thing together with the understanding that ? 's love is not man's love. you cannot just pick a verse that fits your argument you have to read the whole thing. the worshipping of ? is needed not by ? but by us because when man does not worship ? he puts something else at the center of is heart which will only bring arrogance to him and arrogance leads to evil. which leads to ? having to punish man.

? is love but that is not all he is he is also justice he is perfect justice and perfect love. ? keeps a record of our wrongs because He is the ultimate Judge; a judge in court needs to know the offenses committed. But the judge is not bitter or spiteful toward the accused; instead, he is all business. the greatest wrong to ? is not non-belief, it's action and non-belief.

I mean think about it how can ? love me if he lets you sin against me and get away with it there have been child killers WHO have never faced human punishment.
  • zombie
    edited December 2012
    Options

• zombie
    Options
    time is a human concept that was created as an important part of the existence. what you are saying is that there had to be time before there was space which is wrong. even science agree with me here it's called the space-time. space and time are linked no space no time no time no space.

Space time refers to the 3 dimensions of an object existing in space plus time which is movement or a sequence of actual events. Spacetime has nothing important to add to your argument. If you want to argue that there was no time b4 our universe, go ahead but you will have to drop gods omnipotence since he would be limited without creation and restrained by the absense of time

There was no time before space, when ? made space he made time, i am not going to argue that there was no time before this universe with you anymore because science has already proven me right. You are a ? buddist so you have to believe in the universe being an endless cycle even if you have been proven scientifically wrong.

I thought you were a western styled atheist, but no you are just a biased member of another religion
  • zombie
    Options

READ POST 656
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @100 Prime Have you noticed that all of these stories come from Americans or people in countries who already believe in the content and subject of the hallucinations? That, to me, adds proof that the NDE is a product of the brain. You dont hear of foreign people from different religions and cultures experiencing the same thing; no talk of any christian related or foreign concepts. The kind of story that would add a little bit more believability is one like, local sangha of buddhist monks and nuns now convert to christianity because of NDE and group meditation.

you wanted me to quote you.. so here you go..

have you noticed theres NDE from people who believe in the same things as you. that came back a brand new person, with brand new beliefs, brand new faith, brand new life....

i guarantee you if you talked to those atheists turned christians, they would tell you how stubborn you are and how much you raelly dont dont that you think you know. they would tell you you'd be smart to turn to Jesus....

ZOMBIE DONT POST NO MORE.. HOLD ON

OCEANIC.... IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WOULD TURN CHRISTIAN BY ANY INFORMATION WE PRESENT YOU WITH?
  • Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options

There was no time before space, when ? made space he made time, i am not going to argue that there was no time before this universe with you anymore because science has already proven me right. You are a ? buddist so you have to believe in the universe being an endless cycle even if you have been proven scientifically wrong.

I thought you were a western styled atheist, but no you are just a biased member of another religion
    You are misunderstanding. I have never made the claim that our universe has no beginning. I have clearly stated that nature has no beginning. Our current universe had a beginning but nature in all of its totality does not have a beginning. On another note, buddhism is not like any other spirituality; if prior understanding is proven wrong, we are encouraged to discard it. But nature in its totality has not been proven to have a beginning.

Let me make things simpler for you so that maybe you will understand what I mean by making a difference between nature and the universe.

1. The universe is finite. It has a beginning.
    2. Either the universe has a natural cause, a supernatural cause, or it is uncaused.
    3. My own common sense by observation of the natural world tells me that everything has a cause. So I do not believe the universe came about without a cause.
    4. I do not believe in superstition or the supernatural so I do not believe the cause of the universe is of the supernatural variety.
    5. Logically, this only leaves one option: the universe has a natural cause; its cause is natural, hence, the cause of the universe exists in nature.
    6. Therefore, nature goes on indefinitely as the supernatural does not exist and nothing exists without a cause.

Thinking is a succession of mental event for humans and not for ? . ? is not linear. there is no simple this then that.

@zombie
    1. You have yet to tell how thought process without being an actual sequence of mental events is possible. How does that happen?
    2. How do you know the process of thought for ? without being ? himself?? Is this arrogance, mere speculation, or does the Bible explain ? 's thought processes?
  • Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options
    100 Prime wrote: »
    you wanted me to quote you.. so here you go..

have you noticed theres NDE from people who believe in the same things as you. that came back a brand new person, with brand new beliefs, brand new faith, brand new life....

i guarantee you if you talked to those atheists turned christians, they would tell you how stubborn you are and how much you raelly dont dont that you think you know. they would tell you you'd be smart to turn to Jesus....

ZOMBIE DONT POST NO MORE.. HOLD ON

OCEANIC.... IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT YOU WOULD TURN CHRISTIAN BY ANY INFORMATION WE PRESENT YOU WITH?

Yeah if you look at my above quote you will see the mention of america was an example but the point was that people who experience the content of the NDE had previous understanding and belief in it. I said America OR OTHER COUNTRIES. And I stand by my statement that there arent any instances where foreign characters and concepts are subjects of an NDE of someone who had no belief in them to begin with aside from the atheists who may have been believers at one point or they had exposure to those beliefs, those beliefs they convert to just happening to be the dominating religion of whatever area or country they reside in. There are no instances where the NDEs are cross religious.

Like take me for example.. I used to be a Baptist. I'm a non theist now. Lets suppose I had an NDE. Some people are so emotionally charged by the experience, they may be duped by their own brains into believing the hallucination to be true. Being in America where the dominating religion is the abrahamic religions, I may take up any of those denominations if I were influenced by my NDE enough to change my beliefs. If I were an Asian Taoist with no prior belief in Christianity, it would be less likely.
    It is possible if you would be able to give me concrete proof but the belief in ? and the soul is based only on speculation and superstition so I don't think concrete proof is in our future.
  • Premeer
    Options
    im a firm believer that if you are TRULY a christian, then you cant possibly have a sudden "change of heart"... its not possible. how do i figure? cuz im a christian.. my grandmother is a true christian.. and no.. aint no way possible neither of us would ever be deceived to part from christian faith. but her and i are not the same story. she belongs to a religion.. christian nazerine.. or something like that, and most of her family is christians. her brother is a baptist pastor. and there is no breaking a true christians faith. no.

BUT, if you were a christian but not really committed to the faith, just kind of claimed it, then yea, you can change your stance. i know cuz i have a friend who "claimed to be a christian" at 1 point, but hsi arguments are so weak, that its laughable that he claims to have knowledge or any real understanding of the faith or Bible. he was a christian when he was a teenager.. then later teen years he parted from it... which you really cant even claim it cuz he wasnt even interested in it. his mother was christian so he just claimed it.. then he started reading scientific philosophical books and parted from the faith.

if you were a true christians, then your understanding wouldnt be broken. PERIOD. so dont claim the faith cuz you never had it...

anyway.. heres a clip of anton laveys death bed situation.. anton lavey is the creator of the devils bible... he made satans church, and preached.. he was basically the face on satan in the flesh.. not the anti-christ.. just a satan prophet.. who loved satan.. enjoyed his teachings, etc.. embraced satan...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZcUsrbvfI

his reaction before death terrified his wife so much that it scared her to christianity lol.. this was a woman that embraced satan no less than her husband.. then turned christian as soon as she saw the look of TERROR in his face before his last breath.

POWERFUL.
  • Premeer
    Options

You are misunderstanding. I have never made the claim that our universe has no beginning. I have clearly stated that nature has no beginning. Our current universe had a beginning but nature in all of its totality does not have a beginning. On another note, buddhism is not like any other spirituality; if prior understanding is proven wrong, we are encouraged to discard it. But nature in its totality has not been proven to have a beginning.

Let me make things simpler for you so that maybe you will understand what I mean by making a difference between nature and the universe.

1. The universe is finite. It has a beginning.
    2. Either the universe has a natural cause, a supernatural cause, or it is uncaused.
    3. My own common sense by observation of the natural world tells me that everything has a cause. So I do not believe the universe came about without a cause.
    4. I do not believe in superstition or the supernatural so I do not believe the cause of the universe is of the supernatural variety.
    5. Logically, this only leaves one option: the universe has a natural cause; its cause is natural, hence, the cause of the universe exists in nature.
    6. Therefore, nature goes on indefinitely as the supernatural does not exist and nothing exists without a cause.

Proverbs 28:26
    Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

nuff said.
  • Premeer
    Options
    why do i like to use death as my source to a lot of arguments? cuz there is nothing more real than death in this life besides love. and ? is love.. death is something you can not deny.. so people who die, or died and came back to life, have experienced things that YOU NEVER have so how can YOU deny them.. who are YOU to say what they saw and experienced is false? put the pride aside, stop acting like you know everything.. do you realize how weak you sound?
  • Bodhi
    edited December 2012
    Options
    im a firm believer that if you are TRULY a christian, then you cant possibly have a sudden "change of heart"... its not possible. how do i figure? cuz im a christian.. my grandmother is a true christian.. and no.. aint no way possible neither of us would ever be deceived to part from christian faith. but her and i are not the same story. she belongs to a religion.. christian nazerine.. or something like that, and most of her family is christians. her brother is a baptist pastor. and there is no breaking a true christians faith. no.

BUT, if you were a christian but not really committed to the faith, just kind of claimed it, then yea, you can change your stance. i know cuz i have a friend who "claimed to be a christian" at 1 point, but hsi arguments are so weak, that its laughable that he claims to have knowledge or any real understanding of the faith or Bible. he was a christian when he was a teenager.. then later teen years he parted from it... which you really cant even claim it cuz he wasnt even interested in it. his mother was christian so he just claimed it.. then he started reading scientific philosophical books and parted from the faith.

if you were a true christians, then your understanding wouldnt be broken. PERIOD. so dont claim the faith cuz you never had it...

From my own experience, I would say that I was, in my younger years, a very firm believer in Christianity, more so than many of my peers and family members (or at least I would think, because faith is largely personal). But as I grew and spoke to different people and learned more about the religion, I found a lot of unanswered questions, contradictions and general unsatisfactoriness. So I dropped my beliefs and started on a journey to find a spirituality that fit for me and that I was able to agree with and commit to without doubt.
  • Premeer
    Options
    there are no contradictions.. only lack of understandings.

and you still fail to realize that MAN DOES NOT KNOW EVERYTHING AND WONT KNOW EVERYTHING AND CANT ANSWER EVERYTHING.

simply put, "we walk in faith, not by sight".

man is impossible.. the pride and arrogance of man, but yet, lack so much knowledge, lack the ways to know, powerless, weak, man... how can a man be so arrogant, but yet, be so uninformed. how can a man be so arrogant, but yet, have so many unanswered questions. how can a man be so arrogant, but yet, dont have a leg to stand on.
  • Premeer
    Options
    why dont you watch this video.... its informing. what do you think anton saw before he died? maybe possibly some demons that came to get him? ugly demons waiting to devour him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sZcUsrbvfI
  • Bodhi
    Options
    why do i like to use death as my source to a lot of arguments? cuz there is nothing more real than death in this life besides love. and ? is love.. death is something you can not deny.. so people who die, or died and came back to life, have experienced things that YOU NEVER have so how can YOU deny them.. who are YOU to say what they saw and experienced is false? put the pride aside, stop acting like you know everything.. do you realize how weak you sound?

Nobody is the same; It is not just death but life is something that we will never have the same experiences in. There are people young and old who have experienced things that I have never experienced in the past and may never experience in the future. I, of course, do not know for certain whether something spoken or written is 100% true unless I have experienced the same for myself and even if I have, the way I experience it and the way someone else experiences it is inherently different. I operate by reason and logic and if something is not reasonable or logical to me, I don't have to accept it. I respect the truth enough not to accept everything I hear as 100% true and instead admit I do not know for sure but at least come to the conclusion of whether or not it is logical/reasonable.
  • Premeer
    edited December 2012
    Options
    and for the record, dont say you would have a change of heart and start believing if the right argument came. cuz everything zombie and i have been saying is true straight from the good faith. theres nothing more true than the truth. if you havnt believed by now then you wont.
  • Premeer
    Options

Nobody is the same; It is not just death but life is something that we will never have the same experiences in. There are people young and old who have experienced things that I have never experienced in the past and may never experience in the future. I, of course, do not know for certain whether something spoken or written is 100% true unless I have experienced the same for myself and even if I have, the way I experience it and the way someone else experiences it is inherently different. I operate by reason and logic and if something is not reasonable or logical to me, I don't have to accept it. I respect the truth enough not to accept everything I hear as 100% true and instead admit I do not know for sure but at least come to the conclusion of whether or not it is logical/reasonable.

we're not talking about life experiences.. we are talking about dying.. death. there are people who have died and came back to life... were dead from anywhere from minutes to hours to days... thats not hallucinating, bruh.. thats death.

and the simple fact that you "operate on your own reasoning and your logic" is the same reason why you will never believe and obtain faith in Jesus.. but you dont hear me tho......
  • Premeer
    Options
    why do you refuse to watch any of the videos i post... this anton clip is like 9 minutes.. put the pride away for 9 minutes and watch a damn video and really watch it.. pay attention.. can you put the pride in your pocket for 9 minutes? are you capable of such a feat???? i bet you cant.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I'll watch it. I'm out right now. I keep tellin yall, I'm mostly on mobile.
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    we dont know what dude saw on his deathbed
    dont waste time on the video
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I don't get how we keep taking the delusional statements of post death people as the truth. In the same breath of saying don't trust the mind, and then say you trust the mind in a state of obvious duress is peculiar. We know delusions and illusions to exist but then we trust when someone bravely says theirs is genuine and blessed without evidence. I mean, it all varies and everyone doesn't see the same thing. Also, what is death defined as scientifically?

I would think it refers to total cell death and if an acceptable amount of your brain cells aren't dead yet or they still have an electrical charge and vibrate, then the potential for reviving is there. Do you know anyone that's come back that wasn't hooked up to a machine to create artificial support, or who's body temperature wasn't conducive to such a phenomenon? This is especially so in cold environments because the metabolism slows to stasis but if it's too cold, then your cells comprising your body freezes and begins to degrade.

I keep hearing that people are stupid and don't understand, yet you seem to have this grand understanding that others don't because you feel your info is more valid and valued even though your theories don't hold water nor necessary relevance to our society. I understand that the bible is a guideline to living as many keep insinuating, but i don't recall those involved in it's creation being the only ones to ponder life, and create rules for living or investigate our origins. I also view the definition of a cult or the occult to be very blurry when compared to theistic or any religion.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    In the same breath of saying don't trust the mind, and then say you trust the mind in a state of obvious duress is peculiar.

Great observation. I can't believe I missed that.