The Bay of Pigs Invasion: Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins NFC East Championship Game

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dayum, Oklahoma didn't even vote for the cowboys???? ? must've changed in the last 13 years.

Oklahoma used to be die-hard Cowboy country. Shid, part of the reason I became a falcon fan was just to be different from all the cowboy fans I grew up around.

Jerry better get it together. That brand is fading.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dayum, Oklahoma didn't even vote for the cowboys???? ? must've changed in the last 13 years.

Oklahoma used to be die-hard Cowboy country. Shid, part of the reason I became a falcon fan was just to be different from all the cowboy fans I grew up around.

? yeah right ..its just like the yankee's ? lovvve to hate us... i bet if they showed you them poll totals theres probably more people voting for the cowboys alone then there would be voting in total for most of their quesitons
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

? yeah right ..its just like the yankee's ? lovvve to hate us... i bet if they showed you them poll totals theres probably more people voting for the cowboys alone then there would be voting in total for most of their quesitons

So u saying ESPN lying in their polls?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Didn't say ? about espn lying ..... Just pointed out the well known fact that haters gone hate (C) y'all's ? ass fab base for further proof
  • Stew
    Options
    O so u sayin the whole "America's Team" is a bunch of ? . Gotcha
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ^^^^try'n too hard
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    @blackrain
    So to the hogettes, beating the Cowboys is the greatest achievement of their pathetic lives(no shots at your folks).

For us... It was Tuesday.

Lol no shot taken. Fortunately they among the fans that see a full 16 game schedule not a 2 game one...? even annoys them
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

If the brand was fading, the game wouldn't have been moved to the prime time spot nor would they consistently have high expectations each year
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited December 2012
    Options
    While you bashing that feelings button ... I know you ? ass ? "feel" this...

burgundyrevpaper.jpg
    2cz9ely.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRB_uQOzF0YaHk0--FQ-5Innzevg0CUXV7oJsYGtXXemh4XI2_CMCna3koIw
    PHO-09Oct26-184123.jpg
    bagman102009.jpg
    panthersskins09bag.jpg
    4049700635_d5b05fcba0_z.jpg
    4024299548_43dea05e7b.jpg

? Pathetic.

Now you let us worry about who holds the crown of "Americas team" and you ? focus on not being embarrased to show your alligence in public ... While we stunt in your building one mo time

skinsboys1111j.jpg?uuid=jQmaNhPZEeGmDU1Au24D7Q
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

If the brand was fading, the game wouldn't have been moved to the prime time spot nor would they consistently have high expectations each year

Yeah the brand is "fading" so much that they nearly doubled up the next closet franchise in operating income last year....

357f68x.jpg

as i always say ...

FACTS >

• Stew
    Options
    While you bashing that feelings button ... I know you ? ass ? "feel" this...

burgundyrevpaper.jpg
    2cz9ely.jpg
    PHO-09Oct26-184123.jpg
    bagman102009.jpg
    panthersskins09bag.jpg

? Pathetic.

Now you let us worry about who holds the crown of "Americas team" and you ? focus on not being embarrased to show your alligence in public ... While we stunt in your building one mo time

skinsboys1111j.jpg?uuid=jQmaNhPZEeGmDU1Au24D7Q

Why u posting old ? tho, like yall never have sucked before. This aint from this year. Imma hit u wit a feelings again ? lol
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I can't wait to post in this thread Sunday night

haha @ these Cowbitches not seeing the writing on the wall

• JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Why u posting old ? tho, like yall never have sucked before. This aint from this year. Imma hit u wit a feelings again ? lol

because ..a ? .... dont change their stripes
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yall thought I wasn't gonna show up in here?! Yo Ant! Next time finish the job! Rip his head off!!

Cowboy Gang...BANG BANG!!

628x471.jpg
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2012
    Options

It's a game for a division title and one of the oldest rivalries in football, bruh. Plus all the other playoff teams are just playing for playoff position or playing glorified preseason games next week.

The brand is indeed fading. But it shouldn't matter if you're a die hard fan. Hell if you were the last cowboy fan on earth you should be cool with that. Jerry ain't breakin' you off none of that paper.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Yeah the brand is "fading" so much that they nearly doubled up the next closet franchise in operating income last year....

357f68x.jpg

as i always say ...

FACTS >

Most of that is based on stadium ownership. For example, you really think the Texans have a top 5 "brand"? A team that didn't even exist 10 years ago?

Many teams in the league don't own the stadium they play in. All the top teams on that list are teams that own the stadium that they play in and the stadium is relatively new and highly valued -- has nothing to do with the team itself. Just sayin.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's a game for a division title and one of the oldest rivalries in football, bruh. Plus all the other playoff teams are just playing for playoff position or playing glorified preseason games next week.

The brand is indeed fading. But it shouldn't matter if you're a die hard fan. Hell if you were the last cowboy fan on earth you should be cool with that. Jerry ain't breakin' you off none of that paper.
    Honestly bruh... Him building that 1.2 bill Stadium with majority of his money is him giving back to us fans...
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Honestly bruh... Him building that 1.2 bill Stadium with majority of his money is him giving back to us fans...

True. So why y'all let damn near every team take it over? No hate. Just saying. Y'all have the most expensive stadium in sports, but the most non-existent home field advantage.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

True. So why y'all let damn near every team take it over? No hate. Just saying. Y'all have the most expensive stadium in sports, but the most non-existent home field advantage.
    I was there a couple of weeks ago and a lot of Philly fans were in the Stadium... But that's more because of the hatred they have for us... But we have more fans on our away games than opposing teams fans in our stadium... We the team ? love to hate...

Half the stadium will be filled with Cowboys fans Sunday night.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was there a couple of weeks ago and a lot of Philly fans were in the Stadium... But that's more because of the hatred they have for us... But we have more fans on our away games than opposing teams fans in our stadium... We the team ? love to hate...

Half the stadium will be filled with Cowboys fans Sunday night.

the bolded is pure ?

analysts stay hyping up Dallas every year.............only recently with Philly talking that dream team ? has Dallas ever not been projected to be 1 or 2 in the Div every year

hell every channel during preseason had us projected last this year

the biggest beef I got with Dallas is the amount of fairweather fans ya'll got

DC ? who never been outside 495 their entire life but claiming a team all the way in TX is some off-brand ? to me
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited December 2012
    Options

357f68x.jpg

as i always say ...

FACTS >

Most of that is based on stadium ownership. For example, you really think the Texans have a top 5 "brand"? A team that didn't even exist 10 years ago?

Many teams in the league don't own the stadium they play in. All the top teams on that list are teams that own the stadium that they play in and the stadium is relatively new and highly valued -- has nothing to do with the team itself. Just sayin.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/11/30/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/NFL-Jerseys.aspx

we've been top 3 in merchandising nearly as many years as iv'e been living ... Just Saying

o73ubm.jpg
    http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/nielsen-news/cowboys-tackle-top-spot-in-nfl-media-exposure-rankings/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+NielsenWire+(Nielsen+Wire)&utm_content=Google+Reader

Media Numbers ...From Just 2 years Ago........ Just Saying
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Greenwood the brand isnt fading... (if you're basing that statement off the poll.. I dont feel like reading through) I think the poll speaks to a few things. Some people flat out dont wanna see the cowboys succeed. There are those that are tired of the unwanted hype that surrounds us just be cause we are the Dallas Cowboys. A bunch of people (cowboys fans included) feel like 'here we go again' waiting for us to implode once again late in the season just dont have the confidence in us to pull this win out. And lets give RG3 some credit too.. you dont think hes a fan favorite in Big XII country? Plus hes a likeable guy.. its hard to root against him. So Im not surprised by the poll results..
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unwarranted hype**
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    idk how to put picks in my avi but if i did it be redskins/packers allday

8674a-wait_what.gif

• greenwood1921
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    Greenwood the brand isnt fading... (if you're basing that statement off the poll.. I dont feel like reading through) I think the poll speaks to a few things. Some people flat out dont wanna see the cowboys succeed. There are those that are tired of the unwanted hype that surrounds us just be cause we are the Dallas Cowboys. A bunch of people (cowboys fans included) feel like 'here we go again' waiting for us to implode once again late in the season just dont have the confidence in us to pull this win out. And lets give RG3 some credit too.. you dont think hes a fan favorite in Big XII country? Plus hes a likeable guy.. its hard to root against him. So Im not surprised by the poll results..

There are no "Big XII fans" like with SEC ? . RGIII is just a Andre3000 lookin' ? with speed and a decent arm to everybody outside of D.C. and Waco.

And the "cowboy hate" just ain't real. Sorry. When the cowboys actually were a true title contender in the 90s nobody was hating on them unless they were division rivals or Niners fans (Niners/Cowboys were to the 90s what Lakers/Celtics were to the 80s)

It's like you said -- unwarranted hype and media coverage. In fact, I think the media has fed us more information about Romo than they ever did about Aikman and he got 4 rings. (Yep 4. 3 with Dallas, one with the '85 Sooners.)

Talk to me about "errbody hating on us" when y'all got the best record in football and everybody still doubting you and counting against you. THEN you'll see what "errbody hating" is like.