? is way better than Illmatic

Options
13»

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Illmatic for me. I don't get why posters are saying Musically DS is this or that. If, Illmatic's production aint your thing then so be it. But most of you read real dumb. We are talking about two coasts with two different styles. It's like comparing New Orleans Jazz to Big Band. It's all Jazz but different feels. DS had Dre one of the best Musically and Illmatic and several of the best Musically.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one is east and the other is west,
    cant really compare
    its 2 different styles of rap music..
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Good music > great lyricism anyday

Musically The Chronic is the goat album to come out the 90s, that album changed the business and crossed all borders.

Thats a bold statement....considering MASS APPEAL by Gangstarr and BUSINESS AS USUAL by EPMD came out in the 90's....
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Good music > great lyricism anyday

Musically The Chronic is the goat album to come out the 90s, that album changed the business and crossed all borders.

Thats a bold statement....considering MASS APPEAL by Gangstarr and BUSINESS AS USUAL by EPMD came out in the 90's....

And don't forget Pete Rock and CL Smooth and a gang of other hot albums that came out during that time, ? , as far as the west is concerned "Bizarre Ride to the Pharcyde" is better than DS, that's just my opinon though
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And oh "21 & Over" by the Alcoholics and "93 til Infinity" by SOM as well
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign. Both classics but ? on that real ? ? , Illmatic be that ? on the outside looking in type ? . ? beats still bang, djs still playing them joints, and get ? popping. Illmatic dusty as ? and only good to listen to blunted on some 40s.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Chronic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mecca and The Soul Brother & Daily Operation.

You guys need to accept this.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Chronic= Illmatic>>>?
  • Fairfax
    Fairfax Members Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Options
    There is one reason why ? is the better album, production.
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Illmatic for me. I don't get why posters are saying Musically DS is this or that. If, Illmatic's production aint your thing then so be it. But most of you read real dumb. We are talking about two coasts with two different styles. It's like comparing New Orleans Jazz to Big Band. It's all Jazz but different feels. DS had Dre one of the best Musically and Illmatic and several of the best Musically.

I understand what you're saying, and do like your analogy with Jazz. Although I do think Illmatic is great production wise especially with Life's A ? , Memory Lane, and It Ain't Hard To Tell since I love the samples on those records, I just personally prefer ? more musically
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Fucc all the technical ? ? is the overall better album.

? >>> Illmatic (even though I enjoyed some joints from it)

I think this ? is a left & right brain issue.

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and plus Illmat only had 9 joints on that album while snoop had like 12 outta 13 heaters. Take into account that outta 9 maybe 5 or 6 were really good and few were not great tho it fit the album theme perfectly, but was lacking in the beats Department .....Just by sheer numbers on a song for song basis ? beats illmatic to me. Only song I've ever skippd on ? was lody dody and even that one ain't horrible bad, just not my speed. To this day snoop freestyling the ? and they just kept it on there was flames. Its not like snoop was super weak lyrically.