Timbaland To Exclusively Produce Justin Timberlake's Third Album, Jay-Z Collaboration Expected

Options

Comments

• KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? had I not read the title thought this was a chick singing.... and not playin'.

Beat is nice.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song is cool...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay's verse felt forced...song is too long...without Jigga's verse its wudda been super dope
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's aight.....nothing spectacular or "wowing" for someone who's making a comeback featuring the most commercially successful rapper
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Track is ok. Timbo laced the beat though. Smh he needs to reunite with Ginuwine, they dropped HEAT back in the day..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuIUOd0mTPY

(Shout out to the old Ranges though)
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they seemed to have unusually good chemistry. nice track hov came with it
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the song was pretty good. Played it once didn't really like it, played it again and I feel like it will grow on me. Everybody came correct and Timb did his thing. Glad he got away from that future techno pop sound.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ginuwine and Timbo had GOAT producer/singer status...Think that goes to JD and Usher
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hov verse was good but it was just there.
    It was meh.....and didnt do ? for the song...knowing Jay he prolly begged to put a verse on it knowing its gonna be a pop hit no matter what...

after we hear on the radio 100 times this week by next we will be singing every word to jay verse ... lol sad but true ;)

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at jay begging when Justin was mad at jay for turning down a collabo for the track "lard at em"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone who thinks Jay fell off, this verse was dope. Complemented the song right. No Cry Me A River or My Love, but JT did his thing.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Suit & Tie is fire.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's ok. Nothing special
  • atlnever
    atlnever Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Options
    uninspired. there's no layers or depth to it. he should have never released the track.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yaughn. Wack track with no subject matter. This is a uncle tom anthem. I would think a black power couple worth nearly a billion wouldn't have such deep self image issues. It's like ever since my wife gaga mastered pop music beyonce ain't been herself.she wears straight blonde hair and bleaches her skin. She looks white in her gq pics. Jay z isn't much different. He gave up a black owned partnership that brought him to where he is to do business with white folks that have their bologna smelling fingers all over his business that most of you jigga ? swear he own. He own 2% of the nets and he locked in a ? 360 deal that will have him tap dancing and shucking/jiving until he give them white folks that 150 million back. This is the reason why he begged Justin and timbaland to be on this track. He is a ? hopper and instead of creating opportunities for his label like ymcmb does he just attaches himself to anything that is hot. I mean damn Justin been gone 7 years and he can't even make a announcement to his fans about a comeback without jay z hopping on the do a song with me bandwagon. This is the reason why New York is a ? and will never recover. Your rappers want to be white so bad jay z might as well turn roc nation into a country western label.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song is cool for a re-entry into the game but as some have already said Jay's verse was just there. Song is kind of average if it blows it will be because of name recognition.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ "bologna smelling fingers"...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH I see Justin still can't sing to save his life. Dun was off-key the whole song. Beat was aight, but overall the song was hot garbage.

75% of pop/hip hop/R&B singers nowadays cant sing for ? . you think drake can sing outside no autotune? What about kesha? Taylor swift?

Its crazy cause back in the day when you look at the boy bands we were like ehh they can kinda sing (when compared to the raw singing from that era). But flash forward to 2013 and how they naturally sing is better than allot of the studio aided singing the majority of the industy does.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    SMH I see Justin still can't sing to save his life. Dun was off-key the whole song. Beat was aight, but overall the song was hot garbage.

75% of pop/hip hop/R&B singers nowadays cant sing for ? . you think drake can sing outside no autotune? What about kesha? Taylor swift?

Its crazy cause back in the day when you look at the boy bands we were like ehh they can kinda sing (when compared to the raw singing from that era). But flash forward to 2013 and how they naturally sing is better than allot of the studio aided singing the majority of the industy does.

Waves and Antares have been staples in audio engineering since the 80's...What y'all associate with "auto tune" is a different use of the Antares program...Or the use of a vocoder...Or a lotta times it's not een either one, the artist just put a ? on their voice(I.E. Drake "Sooner Than Later")...But any recent song you've ever heard on the radio has been touched up and fixed with plug ins and outboard gear...Those power house singers don't go in the booth and sound perfect...
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good track sounds like a hit. And for those who's sayin jay begged its true. JT tried to collab wit jay in the past and jay never got back to him. So he did an interview where JT claimed to be upset and said he didn't wanna ? wit jay no more. Next thing u knw jay is back in the picture wit JT on a new track but I think its more so because Beyonce is workin wit JT and Timbaland.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    The dude who had a big 2011-2012 begged the dude who ain't dropped an album, or song for that matter since 2006, 2007?

Yeah...For years...He admitted it...

For his next single or for just a song though?

A collab...im not sure if he specified it though..

Well I guess it wouldn't matter either way. But let's not act like Adding Jay's name next to JT and Timbo won't get mainstream America going more than if it was just Justin by himself, or just him and Timbo

In mainstream America JT >>>>>> Jay Z by far....? the cracka had a hit w the Clipse for ? s sake lol
    Hov verse was good but it was just there.
    It was meh.....and didnt do ? for the song...knowing Jay he prolly begged to put a verse on it knowing its gonna be a pop hit no matter what...

You makin me feel uncomfortable, b. Hop off his ? man Lol

You trying to convince us that Justin Timberlake is bigger than Jay z. He's not. He's just whiter.

Justin Timberlake got on a song with Talib Kweli in 2009 (yes, he HAS made music since 2006). NO ONE NOTICED. (great song by the way).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJR7jNI3CY

Meanwhile, "Featuring Jay-Z", even with a lazy ass verse, is for tyhr modt part a big deal.

Usher-Hot toddy...Rihanna-Talk that Talk...Jeezy 'I-D-O...I-D-O...I-D-o-o-o-o Lol Cmon fam

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Waves and Antares have been staples in audio engineering since the 80's...What y'all associate with "auto tune" is a different use of the Antares program...Or the use of a vocoder...Or a lotta times it's not een either one, the artist just put a ? on their voice(I.E. Drake "Sooner Than Later")...But any recent song you've ever heard on the radio has been touched up and fixed with plug ins and outboard gear...Those power house singers don't go in the booth and sound perfect...

I know my cousin had a brief attempt at an R&B career a few years ago and kinda got to know a little about that. At the end of the day drake cant sing as good as the boy bands. and back in the day thats why i thought and still think other singers were better than the boy bands. but outside of the transition to pre teen voice to man voice those boy bands were still more natural singers than the people that claim they sing nowadays.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beat & song is fresh.... I'd rather have my ? Kanye on this ? instead of jay tho...