-Funniest/Dumbest Things Said In the Cheap Seats Vol.1

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    Steph does have that Drake complex in him. He came from where he was spoiled and cocky. Others see him as not as good as he thinks he is, and can't stand his on the court antics.

That's why I miss players like Charles oakley, Barkley, Rodman, and If u really want to go back, Rick Mahon and Bill Lambeer. That turning around before the shot falls and dancing on ? during the game?? Curry would've been had a broken rib or gotten slapped up with no ? given. Granted, these ? would be swiftly suspended for half the season, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made...

Hes not lying though.
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph does have that Drake complex in him. He came from where he was spoiled and cocky. Others see him as not as good as he thinks he is, and can't stand his on the court antics.

That's why I miss players like Charles oakley, Barkley, Rodman, and If u really want to go back, Rick Mahon and Bill Lambeer. That turning around before the shot falls and dancing on ? during the game?? Curry would've been had a broken rib or gotten slapped up with no ? given. Granted, these ? would be swiftly suspended for half the season, but sometimes sacrifices need to be made...

It's crazy to me how ao many old heads think that goon basketball was quality basketball. You can't stop a guy with a defensive scheme so let's resort to touching his ass up. That's hoe ? to me, take it how you want to.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made this thread last year (I tried to bump it, but it won't work). But essentially the point was is the NBA heading towards a rough patch as Lebron ages, and eventually retires that it won't have a Superstar (meaning bigger than the game, not meaning very talented), to help bring in viewers? This year had the best record in league history, Spurs chasing a perfect home record, Kobe's farewell tour, the possibility of Westbrook and Durant's last run together, and what may be the last year of this amazing aura around Lebron. All that helps the league, but you'll have probably none of it next year, so something/someone else has draw people in

With all those things being done, is the NBA going to be feeling the negative impact of Lebron fading/retiring down the road since it doesn't look like another superstar will emerge that can fill his shoes? I think this is going to lead to bad times for the NBA.

Note: Who are the mods now, so I can find out how to close this thread, and just bump the old one?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »

It's crazy to me how ao many old heads think that goon basketball was quality basketball. You can't stop a guy with a defensive scheme so let's resort to touching his ass up. That's hoe ? to me, take it how you want to.

Whatever...you do what you have to do for a advantage, it's competition

That's what you get 6 fouls for, why waste them reaching in
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    Damn it was me smh
    Drummond gonna win mvp this season

Book it

ill be glad to slap your stupid ass whenever you're ready
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn it was me smh
    Drummond gonna win mvp this season

Book it

ill be glad to slap your stupid ass whenever you're ready

If you don't shut your goofy ass up my ?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Take that ? to another thread
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the people that said my Cavs didn't have a chance to even compete in this series, should be in this ? thread!
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    On Steph Curry ...

Peace_79 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Curry goin out there sunday with a point to prove, and that don't bode well for the warriors.

He gon get his regardless.

It's all on green IMO. If he can't keep TT, Love and LBJ off the boards early it's a wrap. Because if they start fetus or he gets a lot of minutes, Cleveland gon double the shooter on every pick and roll. And if Iggy back still acting up because that ? just don't go away its gon even worst in the backboard.

It will force Klay and Curry to hit the defensive boards and that will take away their fast break and pace.

True.

Curry and Klay haven't been stellar this series, but now they are losing due to the others.

Cleveland's supporting cast is making more plays than GSW's. All the attention and physicality can go to Klay and Steph.

please explain why they are losing because of the others..

they are supposed to be the heads and direct the team an take over when the others cant...

i recall someone saying they make the team better when i said the team makes them better

First off - Let's Dismiss this notion that superstars have never had bad shooting and poor all around series' in the playoffs... Hello Kobe, Magic, even MJ... Were they not MVP caliber players?

And, Bruh - no one denies that they aren't playing well, and they need to own that - especially Curry

But you are destroying your own argument.

You can't say in one breath... "They one 73 games because of their great roster and the system... Curry's just an average player, The system makes him great"

Then the moment the stars aren't playing well, when it matters - this great 73 win team and system suddenly can't score ...

Interesting ...

And you love to ignore the fact that those dudes get the attention, the double teams, the physicality, and the defensive schemes of 5 guys; and when the other cats do (or don't) make plays it is while being WIDE OPEN or on Single Coverage with a Mismatch.

If the Stars take most of the blame when they lose, they should take most of the credit when they win... Especially when they set records doing it.

You want it both ways on your Curry Hate Parade.

so yes , his team(system) allows for his wreckless but successful shots. so take you top 10 guard an put them in the same position an let them shoot from those same points.... I am sure you will be surprised at who can match him. put ? KYLE KORVER there...i know yall hate me for that one

yep ... Anyone can shoot 50-45-90 at 30 Pts a game...

That's why it's never been done before in the history of the NBA...

GSW's roster and Steve Kerr's system just happen to be the best of All time... That's all it is

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I'm just speaking facts..where is it cloae?? Most impact in a short period of time...It's not his fault we've been at the bottom of the league in defense these last two years....Not being biased, just speaking facts. When it comes to Dez I think he's a very good receiver and honestly hate that we have to play him twice a year, because I know how he can a game breaking receiver, even though I don't like him. (For obvious reasons)...I'm just pointing out that he's not at the level of Beckham, and the production shows that...The fact that OBJ has been the only serious threat in our offense for two years makes it even crazier that he's able to have the success he has..He's getting the defenses full attention every snap, with our lack of a running game and without another threat at receiver. Hopefully Cruz changes that this year and he could be even more dangerous.

Ryan-Succop-misses-and-Pittsburgh-sighs.gif

All those wr in that pic is better than him tbh. He will never be better than moss, cj, rice and currently he isn't better that JJ or ab. You keep relayin back to stats but you keep missing the point. Stats for a wr can depend on how the running game is going, weather, double teams (which Dez gets double team 95% of the time) coaching game plans.
    Why hasn't odb stats translated into wins but you talking about his impact is the greatest in nfl history? Nfc east was the worst in football last year and yall couldn't make the playoffs with the most impact wr in 25 games lol.

Besides Rice he's on pace to be better than Moss and CJ

Plus him and AB are 1 and A. No difference.

And JJ didn't make the playoffs either. And ain't like Dez been in the playoffs often.

Playoffs has nothing to do with it because Johnson ain't win 1 game.
    Yall must like missing the point on purpose. I'm not the one who say that he has the greatest impact in 25 games. so when I say Moss had that biggest impact in his first 2 years I'm speaking on stats and wins. You can have stats that can be padded but if it doesn't impact the game then it's just empty stats. You can be down 21 points and in 2 min to go and you have a receiver who has 101 yards if he catch a 80 yd td. that td doesn't have the impact on the game in the win column. But if you make that catch down 7 and you can get the momentum and impact the game.

Ab is better than odb so that the difference. Ab put up 280 in a ? game and won and you're tell me it aint a differnce ?

I don't see how that post is worthy of this thread, Moss had more impact his first 2 years absolutely correct, AB is better than Beckham as of right now that's correct, is it the padded stats argument? Because I understand where he's going with that whether it was the greatest example or not

The padded stats arguement is ? and inaccurate. As is the not leading to victories is also ? , when considering the Giants had the worst defensive team in football.

Its ODB fault the Giants lost all those games late in the 4th cause the other team was able to easily score at the End, Or that his numbers were merely padded stats which is also shows he doesn't know what he talking about.

Yes that post is worthy of dumbest ? said in the cheapseats.
    You're stupid and you don't know ?
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All the people that said my Cavs didn't have a chance to even compete in this series, should be in this ? thread!

Yep, I called it.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't like picking the best this way (i.e. by position). Magic may be the best PG ever (a case can be made), but he's definitely not one of the top 5 players ever. Not even 10.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Don't like picking the best this way (i.e. by position). Magic may be the best PG ever (a case can be made), but he's definitely not one of the top 5 players ever. Not even 10.

Craziness.

Is he better than Kobe? No. So that pushes him out of the top 5 (assuming that the other four players listed here are better than him too).

Is he better than Wilt, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Steph Curry (when all is said and done), or Dr. J? No. Along with the players already listed that pushes him out of the top 10.

The point guard is a weak position in terms of all time greats. That's the only reason why Magic gets these mentions.

Dude is probably not even top 15.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Craziness.

Is he better than Kobe? No. So that pushes him out of the top 5 (assuming that the other four players listed here are better than him too).

Is he better than Wilt, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Steph Curry (when all is said and done), or Dr. J? No. Along with the players already listed that pushes him out of the top 10.

The point guard is a weak position in terms of all time greats. That's the only reason why Magic gets these mentions.

Dude is probably not even top 15.
    Came to post that
  • TheBossman
    Options
    ? put curry in the conversation with magic bird and wilt? Smdh
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where the hell was this ? posted? Man, I'm really rethinking talking sports on this site with silly ? like this being posted. Smh.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just speaking facts..where is it cloae?? Most impact in a short period of time...It's not his fault we've been at the bottom of the league in defense these last two years....Not being biased, just speaking facts. When it comes to Dez I think he's a very good receiver and honestly hate that we have to play him twice a year, because I know how he can a game breaking receiver, even though I don't like him. (For obvious reasons)...I'm just pointing out that he's not at the level of Beckham, and the production shows that...The fact that OBJ has been the only serious threat in our offense for two years makes it even crazier that he's able to have the success he has..He's getting the defenses full attention every snap, with our lack of a running game and without another threat at receiver. Hopefully Cruz changes that this year and he could be even more dangerous.

Ryan-Succop-misses-and-Pittsburgh-sighs.gif

All those wr in that pic is better than him tbh. He will never be better than moss, cj, rice and currently he isn't better that JJ or ab. You keep relayin back to stats but you keep missing the point. Stats for a wr can depend on how the running game is going, weather, double teams (which Dez gets double team 95% of the time) coaching game plans.
    Why hasn't odb stats translated into wins but you talking about his impact is the greatest in nfl history? Nfc east was the worst in football last year and yall couldn't make the playoffs with the most impact wr in 25 games lol.

Besides Rice he's on pace to be better than Moss and CJ

Plus him and AB are 1 and A. No difference.

And JJ didn't make the playoffs either. And ain't like Dez been in the playoffs often.

Playoffs has nothing to do with it because Johnson ain't win 1 game.
    Yall must like missing the point on purpose. I'm not the one who say that he has the greatest impact in 25 games. so when I say Moss had that biggest impact in his first 2 years I'm speaking on stats and wins. You can have stats that can be padded but if it doesn't impact the game then it's just empty stats. You can be down 21 points and in 2 min to go and you have a receiver who has 101 yards if he catch a 80 yd td. that td doesn't have the impact on the game in the win column. But if you make that catch down 7 and you can get the momentum and impact the game.

Ab is better than odb so that the difference. Ab put up 280 in a ? game and won and you're tell me it aint a differnce ?

I don't see how that post is worthy of this thread, Moss had more impact his first 2 years absolutely correct, AB is better than Beckham as of right now that's correct, is it the padded stats argument? Because I understand where he's going with that whether it was the greatest example or not

The padded stats arguement is ? and inaccurate. As is the not leading to victories is also ? , when considering the Giants had the worst defensive team in football.

Its ODB fault the Giants lost all those games late in the 4th cause the other team was able to easily score at the End, Or that his numbers were merely padded stats which is also shows he doesn't know what he talking about.

Yes that post is worthy of dumbest ? said in the cheapseats.
    You're stupid and you don't know ?

This from dude who stays posting stupid ? due his cowboy dickriding gtfoh.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Kevin Durant joins the Celtics then he ain't never making it to the finals cuz he LeBron's ? . My dude RJ will lock his ass up just watch. Shout out to Jamal come chase them rings boi.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    What's funny with all of this is that

Durant wasn't even drafted by OKC

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options