MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not much of a T.I. fan, but when comparing him to Tupac, T.I. is the better rapper, made better music and he didn't transform into a super gangster and attention ? overnight like Tupac.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hero!387 wrote: »
    The only person I've ever heard compare TI and 2Pac is TI. He was doing it like the whole Paper Trail album "...officially the hottest ? rapping since 2Pac" from "56 Bars", "It's like 2Pac never died, sit back, enjoy the show" from "My Life, Your Entertainment" and he said something else about Makaveli on the intro too. Then on some episode of his Brady Bunch show, he's in the studio with Usher and he says something to the tune of him and Usher doing a song together is the modern day equivalent to 2Pac and R. Kelly having done a song years ago. Then when he got out of prison the first time, he said that his return was the most prominent return of a rapper from prison since 2Pac. He's obviously obsessed lol. Naw, i think he just keeps trying to say it enough until it starts catching on. I think he just wants to be thought of in a similar light that Pac is thought of in. He's trying to up his status and rank by putting himself in the same class and on the same plane as a legend. It's a pretty old trick but it is a trick none the less. It's like a cheap way to try and get yourself to that realm of musical artist immortality that legends like Pac are in. The real way to get there is through the actual music. It's by making music that's actually that powerful that the people put you in that realm on their own, you're not supposed to have to trick them into it. It's like in the movie Inception. The whole idea of inception is the thought of planting thoughts and ideas into peoples minds and planting them so well and so deeply into their minds that they actually believe that it is their thought or idea. They believe that they actually thought of it, that it actually came from their own mind. It's a very real thing. That's what TI's trying to do by constantly mentioning his name and 2Pac's name together. He figures that if he does it enough, people will someday be so used to hearing it that they will start saying it themselves and won't even realize where it came from. It might work, it's worked before but only time will tell.

didntread.gif
  • The Recipe
    Options
    INB4 TI starts rocking a bandana.
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.I. is nowhere near 2Pac's level..I like T.I. but thats a insult

2 Pac was talking at black panther rallies,2 Pac shot two off duty police officiers,Pac took 5 bullets and lived to tell about it,Pac made impactful music that touched the hearts of even elderly people(Dear mama)

T.I. is a great rapper but he need to sit his ass down somewhere..He needs to stop comparing himself to Pac..Pac's militant background is too deep for ? ..Name one song that has had the emotional impact of dear mama or shed so many tears or letter to my unborn child

I can go on and on
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2013
    Options

2 Pac was talking at black panther rallies,2 Pac shot two off duty police officiers,Pac took 5 bullets and lived to tell about it,Pac made impactful music that touched the hearts of even elderly people(Dear mama)

T.I. is a great rapper but he need to sit his ass down somewhere..He needs to stop comparing himself to Pac..Pac's militant background is too deep for ? ..Name one song that has had the emotional impact of dear mama or shed so many tears or letter to my unborn child

I can go on and on

But, but they both black rappers who have been to jail, so many similarities its scary..............

INB4 Gucci compares himself to Pac and Stew makes a "Gucci talks about being compared to Pac" Thread.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think T.I. gotta man crush on 2pac. First time I heard him compare himself to 2pac was on that wack track "Pacs Life" Feat T.I., Snoop & Ashanti.

"We the same sort of dude, with the same short fuse."- T.I.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.I. has to be consistent with substance but thats even to get somewhere close!
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac is a ? to these fatherless ? , so sad
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    Not much of a T.I. fan, but when comparing him to Tupac, T.I. is the better rapper, made better music and he didn't transform into a super gangster and attention ? overnight like Tupac.

I wish I could co-sign you but you went out in left field after the better rapper part which I agree with.

Tupac is a ? to these fatherless ? , so sad

I agree with this ? but dudes ride the nuts of any rapper that comes off as real.

• plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OD4mRMl0o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sounds like Pac's spirit was in the room when they recorded this.
  • donnybookz
    donnybookz Members Posts: 2
    Options
    Clifford Harris should go jump off a cliff
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In other news

- DJ khaled talks of being called the Palestinan Biggie smalls.

and

-2chainz explains of of being called the 2nd Nas
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Tip is way better than tupakk.Better rapper,better albums,better person.King,urban legend and paper trail>>>all 17 of tupakks albums

And Unlike tupakk tip put in work on the block and wasn't a ballerina who turned into a "thug" once he blew.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

I can go on and on

I couldn't care less about his militant baccground that ? didn't tame that austistic adhd having maniac all those blacc panthers shoulda sat his hyper ass down and taught him how to shut da fucc up and maybe he'd be alive instead of a martyr

Live in the sky has more impact than all those songs you named.I can relate to that cuz Of my fam/friends who aint here no more
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    t.i got a long way to be compared to 2pac.2pac made a different tip didnt
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DX: On Trouble Man's intro track you say that "real ? say I kick it the same way 'Pac did it."

What "Real ? " are gassing homie up???
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    DX: On Trouble Man's intro track you say that "real ? say I kick it the same way 'Pac did it."

What "Real ? " are gassing homie up???

Idk but homie has 8 albums and only 1-2 of them are subpar so I think he deserves the respect. He actually is a better wordsmith and has a better flow than Pac but that's where it stops.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew be ready to die for t.i

Whos the king of the south? Ti

Best trap music? ti

You better be getn some grand hustle money bruh
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tommy's PAC beeper went off....

If Rihana compared herself to PAC tommy would type paragraphs how she's a better rapper and had a bigger impact in hip hop...

Log off bruh
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    DX: On Trouble Man's intro track you say that "real ? say I kick it the same way 'Pac did it." Outside of legal issues, what do you believe you and Tupac have in common?

T.I.: Well. Respect from gangstas and [being] adored by females... [Laughs] The ability to have a street credibility with a high level of intellect. The ability to speak for those in poverty-stricken areas who don’t have the mouthpiece to speak for themselves. The diverse mixture of association with dope boys, trappers and politicians all the same. The celebrity presence that stretches from the lowest of celebrity to the highest. And I guess our love and intention to reach out to all from an philanthropic standpoint, just being willing to dedicate ourselves and offer ourselves and invest our time, effort and energy into the undiscerned areas of the community because we come from these undiscerned areas of the community. Just having that love and respect for the have-nots enough to dedicate ourselves to it.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.2021/title.t-i-explains-why-addresses-went-nameless-comparing-himself-to-tupac

Tip has a high level of intellect..?
    Zjwo4.gif
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Stew be ready to die for t.i

Whos the king of the south? Ti

Best trap music? ti

You better be getn some grand hustle money bruh

Why is that?
  • The Recipe
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Stew bout to change his reason name to BStew2000@yahoo.co the way he be capin for TIP and Andre 3K.