The Official Blackberry 10 Thread

Options

Comments

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the company falls I dont wanna lose support on a phone that I will have for a year or two
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    If the company falls I dont wanna lose support on a phone that I will have for a year or two

Yeah you will. Any private equity firm is going to carve up the company and part it out for its patents and services. Don't believe the nonsense, BBRY as a smartphone maker is dead. This is Palm OS and Symbian all over again, the die hards will keep clinging on to some illusion that their phones will receive support, first it was from the new buyer, then it was supposed to be from the homebrew community, in the end the it was dead. Nobody is buying BB10 devices, so developers aren't going to making apps for it....so why would this company keep supporting it?
  • rage
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    rage wrote: »

Yeah you will. Any private equity firm is going to carve up the company and part it out for its patents and services. Don't believe the nonsense, BBRY as a smartphone maker is dead. This is Palm OS and Symbian all over again, the die hards will keep clinging on to some illusion that their phones will receive support, first it was from the new buyer, then it was supposed to be from the homebrew community, in the end the it was dead. Nobody is buying BB10 devices, so developers aren't going to making apps for it....so why would this company keep supporting it?

SMMFH

I would think that common sense would allude one to ask, why would a private equity company pay billions of dollars for a company just to shut down the service ? SMMFH sometimes I wonder if ? are playing with a full deck upstairs. BlackBerry will be fine.

How ? stupid are you honestly?? You've been in this thread from jump making ? claims about this bumass company and your still on it.

1) What does a private equity firm know about a Mobile OS?? Not a ? thing its not what they do.

2) Why would they continue to pour in resources into a garbage service that NOBODY (not customers and not developers) is buying into??

3) Why would they pour resources into supporting a garbage product THAT NOBODY BOUGHT??

What do they hope to gain?
    BlackBerry will be fine.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2013/09/18/blackberry_could_lay_off_up_to_40_per_cent_of_staff_report.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/writedown-looms-for-blackberry-as-bb10-smartphones-sit-unsold/article14428108/

You ? need to stop listening to this dude...its all a bunch of ? .
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them ? should have taken samsungs offer...
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like @Rage was right. After today's news it appears BlackBerry is dead as they will focus on the "prosumer" market. Losses of 1 billion in the last quarter. Wow.

That's a shame. BB10 is very good. Besides the battery issues I have been having I love my Z10. My battery sucks ass though. Lasts about 2 hours.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like @Rage was right. After today's news it appears BlackBerry is dead as they will focus on the "prosumer" market. Losses of 1 billion in the last quarter. Wow.

That's a shame. BB10 is very good. Besides the battery issues I have been having I love my Z10. My battery sucks ass though. Lasts about 2 hours.

2 hr battery? Tf?
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

2 hr battery? Tf?

Yeah my battery is ? horrible. I have just learned to deal with it now. I constantly just keep it on the Charger when I can. And I'm talking just surfing the Web and twitter.
  • CJ
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

Yeah my battery is ? horrible. I have just learned to deal with it now. I constantly just keep it on the Charger when I can. And I'm talking just surfing the Web and twitter.

Smh switch back over to the dark side bruh
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

Smh switch back over to the dark side bruh

It's tempting.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited September 2013
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

Thats just your phone bruh. My Q last me a good 6-7 playing music and surfin the web off and on and Ive updated my OS twice.
  • rage
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

Thats just your phone bruh. My Q last me a good 6-7 playing music and surfin the web off and on and Ive updated my OS twice.

For a keyboard phone that has a two year old dual core processor....that's atrocious. Any mid level android or iOS device will smash that.

The whole BBRY product line is trash. The CEO and the rest of the executive council needs to be brought up on charges. BB10 was nothing but a cash grab for them when they knew they were toast.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

My wife has a Z10 and hers is the same. Probably is just bad batteries I guess. I'll get a new battery here soon and try that out.
  • Stew
    edited September 2013
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

For a keyboard phone that has a two year old dual core processor....that's atrocious. Any mid level android or iOS device will smash that.

The whole BBRY product line is trash. The CEO and the rest of the executive council needs to be brought up on charges. BB10 was nothing but a cash grab for them when they knew they were toast.

6-7 hour battery life for a smart phone with use often is atrocious? lol Im losing out here while my roommates who have iphones struggling with 4-5 hours but you've been hatin on BB in this whole thread so Ill take your opinion with a grain of salt. Thanks
  • CJ
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

6-7 hour battery life for a smart phone with use often is atrocious? lol Im losing out here while my roommates who have iphones struggling with 4-5 hours but you've been hatin on BB in this whole thread so Ill take your opinion with a grain of salt. Thanks

What kinda iPhone them ? got?
  • Stew
    Options
    Which ever one that came out last summer
  • rage
    edited September 2013
    Options

2 hr battery? Tf?

See unlike everybody else in here I actually kick straight facts and actually have test scores and stats to back ? up. Unlike you who just makes some ? opinion up, to try and prove a point.

This Web browsing, one of the most taxing applications for batteries. And these are all vastly more powerful phones with larger screens.
    58203.png

Cellular talk time...NOT ONE OF THE PHONES is below the 7 hour mark.

58204.png

You and 5 other people bought an outdated mediocre phone...deal with it.
  • Stew
    edited September 2013
    Options
    lol at "larger screens" thats part of the reason I bought the phone I did homie. U live in your pocket big screen/graph world and Ill live in mine
  • rage
    Options
    lol at "larger screens" thats part of the reason I bought the phone I did homie. U live in your pocket big screen/graph world and Ill live in mine

In other words I just got caught making stupid ? up, so I'll just say some random straw man to divert the topic.
  • Stew
    Options
    Inb4 more graphs
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

BlackBerry to be sold to Fairfax Financial

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/blackberry-inks-us-4-7-billion-deal-with-toronto-based-fairfax-1.1466420

barack-obama-happy.jpg

I tried to tell yall SMMFH.....

SMH. BlackBerry drops 30+% and NOW they ink a deal. Seems like a set up. ... and for $9 nonetheless. That's barely above my average.

What shareholders are really going to make any money on this deal? Most of them bought BlackBerry for far higher than $9/share.

Hopefully that $9 was an aggressive anchor and they counter with something A LOT higher.
  • rage
    edited September 2013
    Options
    @Sion

After today. What's next for BlackBerry? What do you think? Going private? Merger? Sell? Is BlackBerry dead?

*Looks left looks right*

hhmmm I shouldn't say anything but since it's the IC who's really gonna care ? Besides it doesn't matter since everybody is talking about it anyways but - Fairfax Financial's CEO Prem Watsa (who happens to own 10% of BlackBerry) is trying to take BlackBerry private. The only issue tho is that they can't find anybody with enough coin AND is in the technology business to complete a deal. To take BlackBerry private even if he threw up another $1.5 billion and BlackBerry put up another $3-5 billion they'd still need 10-15 billion just to satisfy shareholders and make it happen. There was talk of getting Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan but BlackBerry said no (OTPP is a private equity company), their whole thing is that if they're to merge why not go with someone who is also in the tech business too ? Which makes sense...

This is HUGE for both shareholders of BlackBerry and Fairfax Financial especially in the long term. BlackBerry over time will make a killing for Fairfax and would grossly shoot up it's equity value per share tremendously.

*stops... and continues*

The list of candidates is short but the likely names you'll hear in the near future are IBM, Lenovo, Hitachi, and possibly Microsoft (who expressed interest but said no the first time cuz they didn't like the price). I know Prem and Prem is trying to become a multi-billionaire, he's going to fight for this to happen and given his reputation and clout there's a 75% chance it happens BUT don't put your chips on the idea that it WILL happen cuz that 25% is still a strong chance it dont happen. If Prem does this he'll become one of Canada's top 5 wealthiest people. Prem left the board at BlackBerry (but will still stay on as a director) so that in the event of a merger or acquisition there isn't a conflict of interest. Him originally investing was the precursor for him to buy out BlackBerry if not now then in the future it's just that I guess things sped up and happened a lot faster for him. If one of Canada's greatest companies falls well below it's par value you think guys like Prem are gonna turn the other way ? He's gonna swoop in and try to buy it for much less.

You could hear an announcement sometime in October or November or as early as January (most people for the life of me I don't understand - sell down in December for tax reasons, they might want to get a deal in stone by October so there isn't a fuss come December and shareholders sell). Stay tuned tho....

BlackBerry to be sold to Fairfax Financial

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/blackberry-inks-us-4-7-billion-deal-with-toronto-based-fairfax-1.1466420

barack-obama-happy.jpg

I tried to tell yall SMMFH.....

@rage you're still the dumbest ? alive on here SMMFH. I tried to save you money when Apple was at $700 and you lost 50% of your investment SMMFH. ? you make one bad decision after another and put too much energy into something you hate. It takes less energy to love than to hate. Go and be salty you ? ? !!!!

I TOLD EVERYONE they would be bought out sooner or later. Prem Watsa is a friend of mine (I've posted older pics of us in the old pic thread when I was younger) and also one of the most successful value investors in the world. He's also considered to be the "Warren Buffett of Canada". I wouldn't ever give anybody information to do something if I thought it was harmful to them. I'm just trying to make/save money for ? . Out the kindness of my heart I give ? the game so they can take it and flip but ? don't wanna listen until the ? happens SMMFH LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. My track record is incredible if you peep my thread in Strictly Business. So far every single one of my picks and suggestions have worked out well.
    I think the $9 is just a flooring price & first offer in case there's a counter bid hence the 6 week timeline and Prem's 30 cent for every share increase if a counter bid is made... which means there is likely one bidder in the mix who will be announced. Keep in mind too that Fairfax will probably have to borrow money to complete this deal so it might push the price up. We'll know everything about the deal by the end of the week or next Monday.

A lot of people want a bigger deal so let's see what happens I see Prem's game from front to back, either way it suits him and Fairfax shareholders if he takes it private at this price or a higher one. I don't think there will be a higher bid but let's wait and see. We do know that BlackBerry is going private no matter how this ends.

LMAO! You actually have the nerve type up all this ? when the ? you have spewed about BBRY isn't even of the first page.

1) Stop acting like you had some SUPER secret info about Fairfax Financial, that ? was ALL over the web the day you posted that corny *looks left looks right* post. You aint negrodamus.

2) You were going on about the how strong BBRY was in "emerging" Markets. How that would bolster sales?? WTF happened?

3) You were going on about how the existing BB user base would all upgrade to the BB10. That ? didnt happen.

4) Back in Feb/March when BB10 was launched you were on her bullshitting about buying BBRY when it was at $16...kicking the same ? about "Blackberry will be fine" "Emerging Markets" "Existing Users" "write down losses" "X amount in cash" "Thorsten was hand picked by Balsilie" It was all ? . You lied more than Thorsten and thats saying something.

Thanks to your advice anybody who bought BBRY in March would have lost 50% thanks to your ? . You bought BBRY when it was $8...which means you havent made jack ? .

I hope you took my advice fam 22% return in just a few days since your post. One thing people will tell you about me is that I ALWAYS made my clients money. ALWAYS. RIM is only going to get better over time. They have 80 million loyal fans at two thirds of that is going to switch and buy a BB10 over the longterm, that's a lot of money for RIM. .

It won't matter, they don't have to be number #1 to be extremely profitable to shareholders & as a business. This is a process and RIM is a good company. Most of those market share lists compile date using revenue which I've stated is a horrible measure to use. Either way RIM is here to stay and they will do well. The BB10 doesn't even have to be a huge success, so long is it's a moderate success they will do very well over time & they will be able to build off that. It could've been a lot worse for them (like it was for Nokia) but they treaded water quite beautifully & made me a ton of money in the process too. There's sooo many options RIM can exercise for any outcome - good or bad it's amazing.

• Michael_Malice
    Options
    Compared to Z10 and Q5

blackberry-z30.jpg

Got dayum it's as big as them Samsung phones.... LOLOL I feel like a cellular phone should never big enough to take up all the room in your pocket but I'm curious to see how this runs.

Yeah I'm not into them big phones. I got small hands. Not really feeling the specs on that Z30 but I love BlackBerry 10 so I could work with it.
  • rage
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm in way too good of a mood today for this. Rage this will be the very last time I ever respond to you and after that if you so much as @ me to ever disrespect me I'll ban you until you beg me or my crew to let you back in.

@Rage you're a loser in the true sense of the term. Let me point out - your whole mission was to raid this thread, so much that you spent 9 months arguing and in the process this is what you gained:

- you lost 50% of your investment on Apple

- you watched your beloved Apple get replaced for the number 1 spot by Samsung (something I told you was going to happen)

- watched the public opinion sway from Apple to Samsung and BlackBerry

- you watched me make money for ? on here (whether they bought or sold at certain points to profit greatly I couldn't tell you) while you ? and moaned like one of my sidepieces n/h,

- you've been proven wrong time and time again for your idiocy
    - you saw BlackBerry get saved by Fairfax
    - you watched everything I said come true
    - your ? is even posting in an official blackberry thread about Apple with ? who don't care we just want to talk about blackberry (make your own thread)
    - you lost time you can't get back
    - and soon you will lose your account as my patience runs out

to calculate everything, like a true loser you gained NOTHING, you LOST and can't take it.

I'm on my Jamel ? so reaffirm what I said and quote me so I can ban you and save you the humiliation you're going to face in the next few weeks as further news about the deal hits the net. Go head I know you can't help but feel like you HAVE to do something so prove me right and let me do my ? a favor and stop this trolling.

Ban me hurt feeling lying ? . You can;t show me ONE SINGLE thing I HAVE POSTED THAT IS FALSE.

Meanwhile

YOU HAVE BEEN LYING TO EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD

1) Blackberry has NOT BEEN SAVED BY FAIRFAX you ? LIAR! Fairfax hasnt done ? but put a BID IN. They don't have the financing. NOBODY IS GOING TO BAIL THEM OUT! YOU ? SCUMBAG LIAR

2) You told ? to buy this stock at $8....its at $8.56 and DROPPING! YOU HAVENT MADE ? !

3) My ? quarterly APPLE DIVIDEND cheque could buy and sell you whole

4) YES the SAME APPLE THAT JUST SHATTERED EVERY CELLPHONE RECORD with 9 Million UNITS SOLD! Opinion SWAYING TO SAMSUNG AND BLACKBERRY?? You are not only a liar but a delusional one at that.

5) You made some ? claim about BBRY being worth than NOKIA...NOW what?

THIS DUDE IS LYING TO YALL

Read every single financial post and article about BBRY. This ? is a sinking ship. The Fairfax bid is JUST THAT a bid. Everybody that knows anything about finances knows that this is just a last ditch effort to find another tech company to buy in. WHICH ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN. Why do you think their stock is tanking. Stocks don't tank when their are rumours of a buyout.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/23/us-blackberry-warning-idUSBRE98J0V220130923

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/blackberry-shares-sink-again-as-investors-fret-over-proposed-buyout/article14523393/

Listen to people who know what they are talking about. This dude is a clown who is just trying to prove a point on a message board instead of taking emotion out of it.
  • Stew
    Options
    lmao ? hilarious
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol Sion really banned him.