? people who think they know something about sports but really don't know jack ?

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How can I forget the "Never ? ".

"(insert player here) will NEVER win a ring".

"(insert team here) will NEVER win a game/ring/playoff game/NBA Lottery/a lotto scratch-off at the gas station, etc.

And then when it happens and they look stupid, they wanna "move the Goal post".

i.e.

- Notice how the Lebron "never win a ring" ? are now saying he won't win "multiple rings".

- The Falcons "one and done" ? were proven wrong and then a week later they dancing around here like...

4107879_o.gif

I figured out before I even hit puberty that you can't say "Never" in pro-sports, especially NFL or NBA.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

"(insert team here) will NEVER win a game/ring/playoff game/NBA Lottery/a lotto scratch-off at the gas station, etc.

i.e.

- Notice how the Lebron "never win a ring" ? are now saying he won't win "multiple rings".

- The Falcons "one and done" ? were proven wrong and then a week later they dancing around here like...

4107879_o.gif

I figured out before I even hit puberty that you can't say "Never" in pro-sports, especially NFL or NBA.

Nah, they've gone to the "It happened in a lockout season, it didn't really count"
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2013
    Options

i.e.

4107879_o.gif

Nah, they've gone to the "It happened in a lockout season, it didn't really count"

You right.

I guess nobody told them how those Tim Duncan/Spurs title runs started...
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    im still mad my co-worker said basketball was the most dangerous sport because of some secret elbows wtf you know how many ? i've done personally seen get flipped on there neck the fact that i still play some football with the locals so the brutality of football is stil fresh in my head, still got me tight smh some ? on the low elbows gtfoh ? be getting snuffed by mistake playing football,drag down the field, clotheslined,smacked out the air etc this ? really rated some dam pitty pat elbows smfh
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    *dead* @ Secret elbows.

I've had a similar convo with a cat before. Tell'em this, this'll shut them down...

"Bruh, you do realize that in the game of Basketball it's illegal to touch the shooter's arm when he's shooting, right?"
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Damn, Infamous, that AVI lookin' strange than a mugg, cuh. Thought you was Axel. lmaaaooo
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ? who had no type of fatherhood figure/manfigure wat so ever who base there sports logic on Nike commercials ? you ? go eat a ? and now for some quotables

So etherous.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    I can't stand cats that are extra homers either. They feel somebody from their team always gotta be in a "best" argument.

Just cause a cat the best on your team don't mean he top 3,5, whatever.

Ex: Few cats and myself were talking about the best young TE in the game Graham or Gronk basically. Then this Jets fan chimed in talkin about Dustin Keller is just as good as both and swore he was a top 5 TE period. I was like dude aight but he ain't even close to sniffing top 5. And we clowned homie. Then dude caught feelings and was like "you don't know man, I watch every Jet game he top 5,blah blah blah" I just got up and walked away.

Cough magic Johnson cough

I know he played for the lakers but if he's gonna be such a homer get the ? off tv. Now I question if he even knows how to spell basketball with out some how mentioning the lakers
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I can't stand cats that are extra homers either. They feel somebody from their team always gotta be in a "best" argument.

Ex: Few cats and myself were talking about the best young TE in the game Graham or Gronk basically. Then this Jets fan chimed in talkin about Dustin Keller is just as good as both and swore he was a top 5 TE period. I was like dude aight but he ain't even close to sniffing top 5. And we clowned homie. Then dude caught feelings and was like "you don't know man, I watch every Jet game he top 5,blah blah blah" I just got up and walked away.

I know he played for the lakers but if he's gonna be such a homer get the ? off tv. Now I question if he even knows how to spell basketball with out some how mentioning the lakers

Can't really agree with the Magic ish. When L.A. is lookin' ? (like now) he's usually pretty honest. He does go a bit overboard when they're playing well tho.

At least he got the stripes and resume to be a homer in the media.

What I can't stand are these TV personalities who haven't played ball since middle school but stay stanning for certain teams. Like damn, are you on their payroll too?
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What I can't stand are these TV personalities who haven't played ball since middle school but stay stanning for certain teams. Like damn, are you on their payroll too?

Jim Nantz and Joe Buck just caught them strays.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Jim Nantz, Mike Wilbon, and Joe Buck just caught them strays.

*Fixed. Wilbon get all hot and bothered when he start talkin' about the Knicks, Yankees, or Lakers.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Anybody know the "I aint in the league because my coach hated me" guy? lol

Man. lol.

This ? exists on every level too.

3rd Grade: "Man, that old dumb coach was playing favorite an' ? . So I said ? it. Ninja Turtles come on after school anyway."

I... uhh.... yeah.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody is worse than Lou Holtz. I know ND made it to the championship this year, but let Holtz tell it they were supposed to go there every year. Even when it was clear they sucked.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? that let's me know somebody has the football I.Q. of a 9-year old girl...

- Anybody that thinks QB's win and lose games alone.

you think player A is better than player B because he has rings.
    QBs are the end all and be all on a football team.

I had that mindset. QBs are usually the most important player on the offense, but they are also the most dependent. A wide receiver can be great on his own. Running backs can be decent with limited support. QBs ain't ? unless they go a workable line, decent receivers, and some semblance of a running game. I'm not ? on QBs. I'm just saying it so stupid when people try to give all the credit for wins or fault for losses to the QB when its literally impossible for a QB to do anything without the rest of the offense.

I feel like these should be quoted for today
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    skip2.jpg

Especially when it comes to boxing

i ? w/ skip but he need to just give up on Pacquiao
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "They always been my favorite team" (insert newest champ here from any sport). Ask them an easy question about the team history and they have no clue about what you are asking them.

(Example)
    Me:Where did the Ravens come from before they moved to Baltimore?
    Fan of the month: ? dat! Ray Ray got that second ring ? .
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "They always been my favorite team" (insert newest champ here from any sport). Ask them an easy question about the team history and they have no clue about what you are asking them.

(Example)

Sounds like every "clipper fan" on these forums...minus them winning anything yet.....gotta love google saving these fools
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

(Example)

nobody gives a ? bout da browns dats a "rivalry" they care about more then we do believe dat lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jim Nantz, Mike Wilbon, and Joe Buck just caught them strays.

*Fixed. Wilbon get all hot and bothered when he start talkin' about the Knicks, Yankees, or Lakers.

He Chicago everything though.

• smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The 1980's didnt have great athletes"

"Michael Jordan was the 1st elite athlete the NBA saw"

"You cant be considered an Elite QB without a ring"

"In a vacuum Calvin Johnson is better than Jerry Rice"

• Shizlansky
    Options

I don't think anybody says CJ is better then Rice.

He's unanimous GOAT at his position.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

I guess you missed Randy Moss saying he is better than Rice and the topic on this board where people are actually trying to defend that statement.
  • Shizlansky
    Options

I guess you missed Randy Moss saying he is better than Rice and the topic on this board where people are actually trying to defend that statement.

Everybody know if the person that says he's better doesn't count.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited February 2013
    Options

Everybody know if the person that says he's better doesn't count.

Yes, but as I pointed out, there are people on this site arguing that the statement is correct.
    I use to hate the ? that be like If I was 6-6 or 6-10 I be in the league... Bro u not even that nice at the height u at right now!!!

That's kinda the point of the statement though. Not saying they are right, but the point they are making is that with the extra height, their skills whatever level they might be at would be enough to get into the league.