Would You Allow Your Child To Get Wisdom From Gucci Mane In School? *updated* Shawty Lo too!!

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Oops, my b.

I didn't want to name Mos Def, Talib or Common.

It would been too easy.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    The superficial analysis of rappers in this thread is also funny as ? ... Classic IC logic... There r no dimensions or degrees to anything... Smh
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    Yes
    gucci isnt actually stupid he made 8 figures in the music business. he just isnt a classy person. if they wanted to choose a real ? they shouldve picked jeezy, he has class adn handles himself more professionally
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    No
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    all rapper rap bout ? , murder, and dope.... so I aint picking and choosin like that on a moral glass house. If dude was there speaking positivley to those kids and he was asked to do it then more power to him

U should prolly broaden your horizons on who you listen to bruh cause that in fact isnt true.
    please name me a rapper who doesnt rap about any of those 3....

Luda
    Outkast
    Killer Mike

I GOT HOES 2. I shoulda added dope to the list Outkast rapped bout weed and ? .... Killa Mike rapped about trap ? too after he fell out with Big Boi... Gucci got the dumb face tat which is why a lot of folk bash him but all rappers rap bout ? we wouldnt want lil kids doing.

? this aint about just rap. Its about the person he's portrayed to be in the media who talks about his occupation/life.

And the tattoo on his face to middle schoolers lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    It happened at a middle school in Atlanta yesterday for career day. Would you?

Gucci-Mane-School.jpg

that ? looks due anyday now
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Smh so a multi million dollar entrepreneur... Who went 2 college and has a sucessful career is a no....

But yall would LOVE! 4 a ? like nas 2 speak... Even tho he aint neva finished school.. And has a history of ? up money???

Foh
  • Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    It happened at a middle school in Atlanta yesterday for career day. Would you?

Gucci-Mane-School.jpg

that ? looks due anyday now

setting a bad example for the lil girls
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Suprisingly Radric Davis is intelligent and a smart businessman.

This Gucci Mane fellow is just an act, like most rappers
  • whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    Yes
    Smh so a multi million dollar entrepreneur... Who went 2 college and has a sucessful career is a no....

But yall would LOVE! 4 a ? like nas 2 speak... Even tho he aint neva finished school.. And has a history of ? up money???

Foh

because nas handles hisself with more class and his music isnt as watered down..i still say yes to gucci thought..but if they wanted a real ? from atl to speak they shouldve got jeezy he has more class
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Options
    No

Foh

Who said anything about Nas?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    How come ? keep mentioning other rappers? Nas being a tax cheat don't make Gucci any less of an inarticulate degenerate...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes
    kai_valya wrote: »
    they couldn't find a writer or anyone else to come and speak to a language arts class?
    who do u think kids gonna listen 2... A random ass ? sayin "stay n school" or Gucci sayin " stay n school... Go 2 college... I did both and became sucessful wit my hard and determination"???
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No
    I'd rather someone who portrays a great positive media image
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    all rapper rap bout ? , murder, and dope.... so I aint picking and choosin like that on a moral glass house. If dude was there speaking positivley to those kids and he was asked to do it then more power to him

U should prolly broaden your horizons on who you listen to bruh cause that in fact isnt true.

Luda
    Outkast
    Killer Mike

I GOT HOES 2. I shoulda added dope to the list Outkast rapped bout weed and ? .... Killa Mike rapped about trap ? too after he fell out with Big Boi... Gucci got the dumb face tat which is why a lot of folk bash him but all rappers rap bout ? we wouldnt want lil kids doing.

? this aint about just rap. Its about the person he's portrayed to be in the media who talks about his occupation/life.

whatever... ignorance is ignorance quit playin favorites.... stew u name me a rapper who would be suitable for what Gucci did?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Ethers are being handed out in this thread like my best friend's mom's lemon squares.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I voted yes.

As long as they change it from Career Day to "If you Don't stay in school Day"
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Yes
    SAD 2 SAY, BUT KIDS LOOK UP 2 WHO IS CONSIDERED COOL...

GUCCI IS A RAPPER AND HES COOL AND HE MADE IT..

KIDS AINT TRYIN 2 LISTEN 2 NO DOCTOR OR LAWYER...

IF ? GUCCI CAN SPIT SOME TRUTH, IM ALL FOR IT

In order to broaden their perspective on what is "cool" you can bring a professional with a charming or engaging personality to speak to the children.

Only kids with zero guidance who are mired in niggerdom (probably as a result of ? parenting) would tune out a speaker who is non-famous or not an entertainer from the beginning. If the speaker can capture the audience the audience will be receptive.

hmmm so name 3 doctor lawyers or judges in yo city u havent payed...

Idk how old u are but u must haven been in middle school ova 20 years ago and 4got in middle school u can have the best parents n the world but will tend to do Wtf u wanna do and usually are "2 grown"...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    What can he possibly say to my son that I can't.

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    No
    kai_valya wrote: »
    they couldn't find a writer or anyone else to come and speak to a language arts class?
    who do u think kids gonna listen 2... A random ass ? sayin "stay n school" or Gucci sayin " stay n school... Go 2 college... I did both and became sucessful wit my hard and determination"???

Lol at the bolded statement. Dude was kicked out of college for slanging, correct? Oh, he had that "hard" and determination alright.

Did that ? even bother to go back once he got rich? The answer could tell them kids how much he truly values education.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Being a teenager and a young one at that, I thought rappers were stupid, but a lot of kids look up to them like they were the truth. That ? is scary as hell, that music has that much power over someone. So I voted "No" on Gucci Mane coming to career day. I ain't seen one rapper leave columbus, oh and we have a ton of them around. We have some that made a good living as underground rappers but no mainstream. That's a terrible existence for someone who doesn't have much skill but a lot of dedication to being a successful rapper who only has a 2 to 3 year career, because truth be told most rappers who do reach that level.

I can see if he says stay in school and yadda yadda yadda, but the kids are going to be thinking about how he made it than doing what he is telling them NOT TO DO.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    No
    Allergens wrote: »
    I'd rather someone who portrays a great positive media image

like Kobe Bryant

Where did Kobe come from?
  • Stew
    Options
    No

Luda
    Outkast
    Killer Mike

whatever... ignorance is ignorance quit playin favorites.... stew u name me a rapper who would be suitable for what Gucci did?

In Atlanta it would be Outkast