dating whilst in a relationship

Options

Comments

• lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just leave the ? . I've been in this situation too where you feel like they aren't spending enough time with you can yet they claim to love you so much. Actions speak louder than words. Leave his ass and when he comes crawling back then you lay it out there. If u wanna be with me then some things need to change. If they still don't change then throw up the dueces and bounce. Life is too short to be unhappy.
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Empress_ wrote: »
    imma do things MY way and get what i want in the end. i know my man. i know what he responds to and i know what i need to do.some advice was useful, defo deffo, but in the end i know what to do for MY relationship.

I couldn't agree more. The only two people who really know whats best for their relationship is those two people in it.

However, sis, it was you who brought the details of your relationship to a hip hop forum and shared the specifics of your involvement which makes your post redundant and ironic.

Let us not act brand new......

With love & understanding.

as i said some advice was deffo useful, the whole avoid dating right now cos itll cause more harm than good, agree with that and it was a good advice, which answered my question in the OP, anything else? i wasnt asking for advice on
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
    Barely know a ? last name and ya planning marriage next year and yalll aint been together for 6 months lol.

And im starting to think homie got fed wit her wack sex game.

word she prolly just lies there

we talk about our sex lives all the time, looool the first time i cried- we were SOO out of sync ? was dry as a haystack, ? was going at the wrong speed, terrible terrible and was better but still ? for a good 3/4 times after, then that day happened when we had good sex for the first time ever LMAO it was like we heard trumpets ande angels singing and the more we know about each other, what each other likes etc we just get better and better. ? GOAT if i do say so myself.

I think what helped is that we spoke about it and communicated to resolve it, which is what were trying to do now with this problem and it seems to be working.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Just leave the ? . I've been in this situation too where you feel like they aren't spending enough time with you can yet they claim to love you so much. Actions speak louder than words. Leave his ass and when he comes crawling back then you lay it out there. If u wanna be with me then some things need to change. If they still don't change then throw up the dueces and bounce. Life is too short to be unhappy.

Oh my dear....no.

Using a break up as a means of reverse psychology is a bad idea. That's the worst thing she could do. Why play games? What pleasure is there in that? Just to see a brother come running back, begging and pleading? And this is appeasing to some? It won't be when it backfires.

Stop playing games, address issues head on without coatings of sugar, let it go and move on, with or without him. Leave the juvenile games for grade schoolers and the birds.
  • BabyBugatti
    Options

i think this ia deffo true, but i aint strong enough to leave him, not even gonna lie. maybe cos i aint fed up enough? maybe if it carried on for longer i would have, hopefully things get better, but if they dont i need to get my strength up and do what i gotta do.
  • BabyBugatti
    edited February 2013
    Options
    and if i break up with someone its with the intention of not dating them ever again. the whole breaking up just to see em come back, doesnt apply to me. my bestfriend say i mentally breakup with guys at least a month before we ACTUALLY breakup. mainly because i dont jump into doing things like that i have to think things through and figure out if its what i really want, because if we break up. were never getting back together.
  • lighthearted26
    Options

Oh my dear....no.

Using a break up as a means of reverse psychology is a bad idea. That's the worst thing she could do. Why play games? What pleasure is there in that? Just to see a brother come running back, begging and pleading? And this is appeasing to some? It won't be when it backfires.

Stop playing games, address issues head on without coatings of sugar, let it go and move on, with or without him. Leave the juvenile games for grade schoolers and the birds.

I disagree. The old adage don't know what u have till it's gone rings true. If he realizes she is actually leaving his ass it might make him wake up. Its only a problem if she does it multiple times, leaves then takes him back, leaves again then takes him back, etc..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    and if i break up with someone its with the intention of not dating them ever again. the whole breaking up just to see em come back, doesnt apply to me. my bestfriend say i mentally breakup with guys at least a month before we ACTUALLY breakup. mainly because i dont jump into doing things like that i have to think things through and figure out if its what i really want, because if we break up. were never getting back together.

Most logical and sense filled post thus far.
  • BabyBugatti
    Options

Oh my dear....no.

I disagree. The old adage don't know what u have till it's gone rings true. If he realizes she is actually leaving his ass it might make him wake up. Its only a problem if she does it multiple times, leaves then takes him back, leaves again then takes him back, etc..

i feel like im doing a different version of that by making it hard for him to get into my good books, im saying he does ? like that, apologies ill accept it in a ? minute and be cool again so he thinks all he has to do is say sorry and we good...erm no. if it takes me sacrificing one valentine day to wake a ? up for him to see how serious i am about this situation, then so be it.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lighthearted26
    Options

i think this ia deffo true, but i aint strong enough to leave him, not even gonna lie. maybe cos i aint fed up enough? maybe if it carried on for longer i would have, hopefully things get better, but if they dont i need to get my strength up and do what i gotta do.

It sucks to get your emotions caught up in someone that ain't right for you. Join the club sweetie. Hopefully you will get over him and move on, easier said than done but life isn't easy. I've found that distance is key. Block all calls and text, don't see him at all and after awhile you get used to being without them. This is if you ever decide to leave him. If not then good luck and maybe he will see the error of his ways but i wouldn't bet money on it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Oh my dear....no.

Leaving a man with the sole purpose and intent of "teaching him a lesson" with every intention of staying with him if he plays his cards right by running back and chasing her is beyond silly and counter productive. It's not healthy for any relationship.

If there is an issue, address it in a mature manner, not by resulting to childish tactics. Keep it clean, don't be messy and toy with someone's head. If that is how you need to get their attention and cause them to smarten up, then clearly space is needed opposed to games.

• aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we talk about our sex lives all the time, looool the first time i cried- we were SOO out of sync ? was dry as a haystack, ? was going at the wrong speed, terrible terrible and was better but still ? for a good 3/4 times after, then that day happened when we had good sex for the first time ever LMAO it was like we heard trumpets ande angels singing and the more we know about each other, what each other likes etc we just get better and better. ? GOAT if i do say so myself.

I think what helped is that we spoke about it and communicated to resolve it, which is what were trying to do now with this problem and it seems to be working.

I was about to say curve season came early this year but looks like you got it
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    I don't see it as a game. You leave and either he can change and come back or not come back at all. Either you end up in a better situation. You either are single and free of the guy who treated you wrong or he comes back and treats you right. Love is messy and complicated. Its not logical all the time. Nothing is when emotions are involved.
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    Oh yeah and one more thing, dating other ? will not help the situation at all. That will give him even more of a reason to treat you wrong seeing as how you're basically cheating on him. I doubt that will make him wanna spend more time with you or whatever. It will just make him feel less guilty when he does whatever he does and give him ammo when you try and argue with him about something.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I don't see it as a game. You leave and either he can change and come back or not come back at all. Either you end up in a better situation. You either are single and free of the guy who treated you wrong or he comes back and treats you right. Love is messy and complicated. Its not logical all the time. Nothing is when emotions are involved.

Leaving because you have to due to not being able to tolerate or put up with whatever he does or does not do is one thing. Not wanting to leave but breaking up with him anyways as payback for his actions is another.

Breaking up should not be the first thing you run and go do. Exhaust other possibilities like communication, if he still doesn't make the effort once there is an understanding and you can't deal with it, then leaving is more than understandable and necessary.
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    I assume she has ran out of options seeing as how shes talking about dating other ? . Never said breaking up is the first thing a woman should do as soon as her relationship runs into problems. I agree with some of what u said empress.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I assume she has ran out of options seeing as how shes talking about dating other ? . Never said breaking up is the first thing a woman should do as soon as her relationship runs into problems. I agree with some of what u said empress.

Theres a reason folks around here advise her to slow own. Just a couple days ago she was in bliss ready to marry him and planning their future and sharing with us what their children's names will be......Young wishy washyness. Understandable, she is young, but thats why most don't put too much stock in giving advice at this point.
  • lighthearted26
    Options

Theres a reason folks around here advise her to slow own. Just a couple days ago she was in bliss ready to marry him and planning their future and sharing with us what their children's names will be......Young wishy washyness. Understandable, she is young, but thats why most don't put too much stock in giving advice at this point.

Lmao well damn. Ok i understand better now.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let us not act brand new......

With love & understanding.

2ns0xa8.jpg

Hilarious.

• deadeye
    edited February 2013
    Options

@lighthearted26

Where's that pic you promised me?

funny-gifs-proboscis-monkey-eating.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baby you sound like a bitter garden tool
  • deadeye
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lmao @ that gif @deadeye.

imZlHM.jpg

totally random.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wow @ Supreme.

Lmao @deadeye

Did you just verbally display your want to "fight" me?

I make peace, not war :(