Why they ruin Allstar weekend?

Options
aneed123
aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
by only having 6 competitors in the dunk and 3point contest... and making it 2 rounds? back in the day it was like 10 folk in it and 3 rounds with the best shooters and dunkers... ? is just stupid now. Love and Pierce being in it like they were sharp shooters tells a lot

Comments

• Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This year's slam dunk contest was somehow worse than last year's... I say that because people actually knew who the dunkers were this time but the faves laid some ? eggs. Don't nobody wanna see an hour of ? missin' dunks.
  • aneed123
    Options
    it aint even the missing tho... go look at the old dunk line ups and the number of contestants and the number of rounds.... same with the 3 point contest. the worst tho was when they had the spin the wheel ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The dunk contest since 2000 is a bit more structured, back in the 90's ? would just do a bunch of dunks in a minute and change til the clock ran out.

However more stars participated in the 90's than today, they are scared to get shown up by a "lesser" player or they feel they are too "good" to be apart of it. How Dwade and Bron never do a dunk contest is a travesty.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The dunk contest since 2000 is a bit more structured, back in the 90's ? would just do a bunch of dunks in a minute and change til the clock ran out.

However more stars participated in the 90's than today, they are scared to get shown up by a "lesser" player or they feel they are too "good" to be apart of it. How Dwade and Bron never do a dunk contest is a travesty.

When do they have time to practice dunking for the dunk contest ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was done when Ross got a 50 for that 1st ? that took him 7 times to do

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lebron Vs Blake can easily bring back the dunk contest
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

they practice during their team practices i assume.
  • aneed123
    Options
    you tellin me u cant get Bron/Wade/JR Smith/Gerald Green/White/Westbrook/Rose/Nate Robinson/Josh Smith Rudy ? all in one contest? 0r in like 04
    this line up Bron/Kobe/Tmac/Baron Davis/Vince/Geral Wallace/Mason/J Smooth/J Richardson all in one contest? and have it for 3 full rounds like it used to be with Jordan?
    or have all the great 3pt role player shooters along with Ray Allen/Peja/Dirk for 3 rounds like it was when Bird,Hodges/Kerr were doing it? all the fun and drama is gone.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should make the all stars do the saturday events with a few open slots for each event

But half the field for each event should be players from the Sunday game

• MC The Rapper
    Options

they practice during their team practices i assume.

you know they don't practice that often during the season right
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop complaining and enjoy it for what it is......
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    Lebron Vs Blake can easily bring back the dunk contest

The dunk contest nxt year should be Bron,Blake,Iggy,Rudy ? ,Ross,Jr.Smith
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry to tell yall, but Lebron would be terrible for the dunk contest. He's primarily a one- foot leaper and that usually translates to wack & limited dunks (word to James White, Isaiah Rider, Dr.J)! Add that to the ridiculous build-up of hype and anticipation... It'll be the biggest letdown of all-time! The dunk contest is what it is, aside from all the misses, I didn't think it was all that bad tho.

They can ditch the skills competition, ? be actin waay too cool in that. Everything else wasn't all that bad...

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would rather see 1 on 1 contests before i would another dunk contest. The dunk contest is played out due to lack of star power. They should have all of those who qualify for the all-star game put their name in a hat or whatever, draw two names and they go at it, first to 5 points until the last man is standing. As added incentive to the players, the winning players conference gets home court advantage during the 'offs.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c26.0.403.403/p403x403/525641_591428597552335_41824111_n.jpg[/img]
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron said it himself that he's a game dunker what else do yall what him to do...and whos to say that if hes in it he'll win it anyway???i just think these guys who have been in the nba dunk contest just havent been creative...i like the idea blake had when he brought out the kia but ? if you go jump over a car "jump over the car!!" not the damn hood.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    I would rather see 1 on 1 contests before i would another dunk contest. The dunk contest is played out due to lack of star power. They should have all of those who qualify for the all-star game put their name in a hat or whatever, draw two names and they go at it, first to 5 points until the last man is standing. As added incentive to the players, the winning players conference gets home court advantage during the 'offs.

That's a terrible idea
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Kobe's daughters look like downs-syndrome Korean kids.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get that baseball ? the ? out of here.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's the brows. They gon have lil dirt staches and sideburns too.
  • greenwood1921
    edited February 2013
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »

It's the brows. They gon have lil dirt staches and sideburns too.

Need to keep them lil bishes locked in a lil secret compartment at the crib like the The Governor.

Good luck to Bean when he try to shave that mustache on their eyes....

walkinggovernorpenny--4246084747264744629.jpg
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as the weekend goes the players are also culpable for the lackluster quality of many of the events.

If everybody played that Rising Stars game like Faried it would have been live. But half of them were just messing around. I don''t know who gave them this idea of everybody wants to see uncontested dunks. It's an insult to fans if you think they can't appreciate the defensive aspects of the game.

The dunk contest format wouldn't matter if dudes were more prepared. Also it seems like half of them aren't getting opinions from teammates or other dunkers on what to try. How many foot on/over the free throw line dunks will I have to see in my lifetime?

Did they play HORSE this year? I don't remember how that went over when they did it last but it wasn't a bad idea IMO. Some fans are into the whole trick shot thing, so there is definitely some entertainment value in that depending on which NBA personalities you choose to play the game.

• greenwood1921
    Options

I was with you until the "home court in the playoffs ? ."

But there should be some kind of purse. Charity or something. Or instead of straight up 1-on-1, just a simple game of horse.