Why they ruin Allstar weekend?

Options

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol as soon as lebron loses in a dunk contest the same folks calling for him to be in it will be clowning the ? out of him... he's too sensitive to take that kind of ridicule
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    lol as soon as lebron loses in a dunk contest the same folks calling for him to be in it will be clowning the ? out of him... he's too sensitive to take that kind of ridicule

This. And that.

Lebron and his agent see that Build'em up to tear'em down ? from a mile away.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would rather see 1 on 1 contests before i would another dunk contest. The dunk contest is played out due to lack of star power. They should have all of those who qualify for the all-star game put their name in a hat or whatever, draw two names and they go at it, first to 5 points until the last man is standing. As added incentive to the players, the winning players conference gets home court advantage during the 'offs.

I was with you until the "home court in the playoffs ? ."

But there should be some kind of purse. Charity or something. Or instead of straight up 1-on-1, just a simple game of horse.

It doesn't have to be home court,(just tossin' ideas in the wind) but give them a legit reason to wanna participate. They got money, so I don't think that would matter. The charity thing aint incentive enough IMO. How bout a 1 on 1 championship belt? LOL
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I would rather see 1 on 1 contests before i would another dunk contest. The dunk contest is played out due to lack of star power. They should have all of those who qualify for the all-star game put their name in a hat or whatever, draw two names and they go at it, first to 5 points until the last man is standing. As added incentive to the players, the winning players conference gets home court advantage during the 'offs.

I was with you until the "home court in the playoffs ? ."

But there should be some kind of purse. Charity or something. Or instead of straight up 1-on-1, just a simple game of horse.

It doesn't have to be home court,(just tossin' ideas in the wind) but give them a legit reason to wanna participate. They got money, so I don't think that would matter. The charity thing aint incentive enough IMO. How bout a 1 on 1 championship belt? LOL

They would have to add a charity aspect to counter the "individual/anti-team" perception of the event.

Imagine if a player like Kobe or Allen Iverson won that "belt" earlier in their careers. It would quickly be labeled the "ball hog championship".
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ ? actually believing Lebron would lose a fan-voted dunk contest...
  • O.G.
    Options

Imagine if a player like Kobe or Allen Iverson won that "belt" earlier in their careers. It would quickly be labeled the "ball hog championship".

isn't that basically what the all-star mvp award is?
  • greenwood1921
    Options

isn't that basically what the all-star mvp award is?

Not really, alot of them were awarded because of overall good games. Rebounds, assists, etc.
    No different from Finals MVP.
  • O.G.
    Options

Not really, alot of them were awarded because the MVP was playing in front of his home crowd.

*fixed

j/k
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to that kobe/lebron unstoppable game ? ?

ASW should go with:

celebrity game with celebs who can actually play like chris brown
    Rising stars game with ? who actually play (Best part this yr was irving and knight goin at it)

Everything on sat stays the same except they add a 1 on 1 game to a 11 for three rounds and 4 players
    Dunk contest cant be scrapped but make sure there is about 6 dunkers in it and they get 3 rounds with 2 dunks per round. Contest doesnt need star players to thrive imo but more stars need to get in it.

Horse was wack that yr they tried it

and all-star game on sunday
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    the 1on1 wouldn't work because players don't want to risk taking the L
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats the most BS cop out excuse though. ? afraid to compete in events during ASW because they dont want to lose? Im not buyin that ? . Its a game of two ? just playin ball, if anything they would play harder just to not lose which is even better.

I dont think thats why lebron wont enter the dunk contest neither.

Just my opinion though
  • O.G.
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

They take that same risk every night when the guard the opposing player. I really believe if you make the reward greater than the risk, the 1 on 1 challenge would be the talk of the weekend.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron wont enter because he cant do any dunks we havent seen a million times already
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Lebron wont enter because he cant do any dunks we havent seen a million times already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izb13T3QPHY&feature=fvwp

but that was years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjKpuiViu40
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zach Randolph vs. Demarcus Cousins 1 on 1

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

but that was years ago

yea its cool how he throws it off the backboard, more entertaining then most ? we seen last night, but the dunks themselves are just basic power dunks
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

They take that same risk every night when the guard the opposing player. I really believe if you make the reward greater than the risk, the 1 on 1 challenge would be the talk of the weekend.

they have the 'team sport' thing as a crutch. for example we have the debate about who is better Kobe or LeBron. Who ever loses that has a LOT to lose. Because a 1 on 1 ends any doubt. If they have a 1 on 1 it would be second/third tier players (Rudy ? , Danny Granger etc)
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    ? everything they do on all star weekend.

Have a 3 on 3 tournament. Players choose their own teams, cant choose players from your own team.

Halfcourt, to 21, make it take it.

16 teams, single elimination format.

That would be GOAT imo. We'd see some epic matchups and ? would actually try to win.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

but that was years ago

yea its cool how he throws it off the backboard, more entertaining then most ? we seen last night, but the dunks themselves are just basic power dunks

Y'all can't have it both ways , y'all want complex dunks but don't want a ton of attempts .
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    The thing is the fans want to see the stars just mix it up.

we usually get star players participating in the skills challenge and 3 point shoot out but they don't want to do the dunk contest.

That needs to change.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »
    Lebron said it himself that he's a game dunker what else do yall what him to do...and whos to say that if hes in it he'll win it anyway???i just think these guys who have been in the nba dunk contest just havent been creative...i like the idea blake had when he brought out the kia but ? if you go jump over a car "jump over the car!!" not the damn hood.

? that. Bron was in the high school dunk contest.... he can do all the dunks theses ? be doin ad he jumps higher.... just him being in it is good for the game and for fans.... ? just being selfish
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After the pool of All Stars is chosen, they should pick teams like the NHL was doing a few years ago.

It doesn't have to be East vs. West

That would make it interesting IMO.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    Zach Randolph vs. Demarcus Cousins 1 on 1

da niggardom bowl lol
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Lebron said it himself that he's a game dunker what else do yall what him to do...and whos to say that if hes in it he'll win it anyway???i just think these guys who have been in the nba dunk contest just havent been creative...i like the idea blake had when he brought out the kia but ? if you go jump over a car "jump over the car!!" not the damn hood.

? that. Bron was in the high school dunk contest.... he can do all the dunks theses ? be doin ad he jumps higher.... just him being in it is good for the game and for fans.... ? just being selfish

he was wack in that contest and he cant jump like Shannon Brown or Gerald Green
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »

he was wack in that contest and he cant jump like Shannon Brown or Gerald Green

Duke really jumped over a dude in game