zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    100 Prime wrote: »
    ? made evolution, both ? and evolution can live in harmony.

you are confused, mon! are you a atheist, or are you a christian.... you playing the fence. pick a side and stick to it.

by your logic, 1st version of man was damn near a monkey. and Jesus is a caveman or something close.

no wonder you think babylon is a "mental state". your understanding is sorely lacking.

I am a christian i am just not as closed minded and clearly uneducated as you are and can you please stop with the "mon"? .I never said babylon was a mental state ? i said it was a demonic force that inhabits the whole world. there are over nine different major branches of christianity we don't all have the exact same theology.

You seem to follow what i call childlike and infantile evangelical branch that is so popular in america today.

far from a child.. i got different speeds, like you suppose to. when im dealing with ignorant MFers, i tend to act up a lil more than i would normally.

and atheists, are as ignorant as they come.

i pray to ? that he blesses me with more patience dealing with ignorance.. atheists really test my blood level. if i can talk to a atheist without my blood boiling, then i can talk to anybody.

I am not an atheist, so relax . when you read the bible you have to think . evolution may explain how our physical bodies came to be but who you are from a spiritual standpoint is not really your physical body, we are made in ? 's image but what is the image of a spirit?

The image is something in the very nature of humans, in the way in which we are made. It refers to something a human is rather than something a human has or does. By virtue of being human, one is in the image of ? .

Also, the image refers to the elements in the human makeup that enable fulfillment of human destiny. The image is the powers of personality that make humans, like ? , beings capable of interacting with other persons, of thinking and reflecting, and of willing freely.

Yes but what is really a human?? All the things you listed do not oppose evolution, what you are basically saying here is that the image of ? is the human spirit which can also be called human consciousness which i believe to be correct. Still this does not exclude evolution.

If you really want to break it down, there were only 3 "true" humans that ever lived on planet earth.

Adam and Eve before the fall

and

Jesus Christ

All 3 of them lived how humans were intended to live. Prior to the fall in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had perfect fellowship with the Father. Jesus Christ, likewise, had perfect fellowship with the Father.

Jesus Christ obeyed the Father perfectly. Adam and Eve didn't thus the reason why the fall happened.

Also, Jesus Christ always displayed love for humans.

You see, ? intended that a similar sense of fellowship, obedience, and love characterize humans relationship to ? , and that humans be bound with one another in love. We are completely human only when manifesting these characteristics. And this has only been achieved by Adam and Eve before the fall, and Jesus Christ.

Evolution on the other hand cares nothing about love, obedience, or fellowship. Why? Because ? is erased from the equation. When that is done love is out the door(survival of the fittest), obedience is non-existent (do as thou wilt), and fellowship is scoffed at (hating ? and fellow man).

None of what you just posted proves that ? could not simply be guiding evolution, he created the environment evolution happens primarily as a reaction to the environment so since a ? would know all possible reactions he could be the force behind our evolution. This is the reason why the answers to how we came to be in existence won't be answered by biology. biology is just a reaction to the universe existing, if science can find out and understand how reality came into being then and only then will science have it's questions about the existence or non-existence of ? answered. Physics is stuck at the quantum level, where we have even less real proof and where there is even more loopholes and guesswork. currently we think that all matter exists because of quantum fluctuations in a vaccum which is the same as saying that the universe exist because it is possible for it to.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont see the mold on my cheese grow legs and become aware of its existence and start to raid my fridge.

That would be GOAT..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah where did the first atom even come from? It just popped out of thin air and exploded? Lol. Evolution, natural selection, Big Bang got more holes in it than Swiss cheese. The pride of man really brings them down to a low level of being and thinking. Tragic.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why we can't have nice threads. The name calling and telling people about their level of thinking, etc is really just petty.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Oh yeah where did the first atom even come from? It just popped out of thin air and exploded? Lol. Evolution, natural selection, Big Bang got more holes in it than Swiss cheese. The pride of man really brings them down to a low level of being and thinking. Tragic.

LOL, where did ? come from?.. creationism has mad holes in it b..

And how can it be a low-level of thinking when research on this topic has been going on for over a century?..
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have rainbows because it represents a promise from our skydaddy to not flood the planet again.
    -High level thinking.
  • zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Alright somebody with knowledge of this evolutionist theory explain this to me. How is it that we have many different species of organism that can exist in the exact same habitat living under the exact same conditions? It seems to me the theory of evolution would say that every organism that lives in the trees in the forest would evolve into the same species. Every organism that lives in desert would become another etc.

Why would there be a Lion, antelope, cheetah, wildebeest etc all in the same Serengeti when they are all living under the same conditions? Wouldn't they have evolved into the same thing?

They don't evolve into the same animal because one populations way of survival is not the same as the others, example : if you eat meat and i eat grass then we become different from each other. Also if i mutate a slight difference then my children pass it on and over time me and you end up looking very different especially, if i move somewhere else. You may be forced to live in a pack i may be forced to live and hunt alone that's why lions and leopards became different even though they started from a common ancestor.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2013
    Options

you are confused, mon! are you a atheist, or are you a christian.... you playing the fence. pick a side and stick to it.

by your logic, 1st version of man was damn near a monkey. and Jesus is a caveman or something close.

no wonder you think babylon is a "mental state". your understanding is sorely lacking.

I am a christian i am just not as closed minded and clearly uneducated as you are and can you please stop with the "mon"? .I never said babylon was a mental state ? i said it was a demonic force that inhabits the whole world. there are over nine different major branches of christianity we don't all have the exact same theology.

You seem to follow what i call childlike and infantile evangelical branch that is so popular in america today.

far from a child.. i got different speeds, like you suppose to. when im dealing with ignorant MFers, i tend to act up a lil more than i would normally.

i pray to ? that he blesses me with more patience dealing with ignorance.. atheists really test my blood level. if i can talk to a atheist without my blood boiling, then i can talk to anybody.

I am not an atheist, so relax . when you read the bible you have to think . evolution may explain how our physical bodies came to be but who you are from a spiritual standpoint is not really your physical body, we are made in ? 's image but what is the image of a spirit?

The image is something in the very nature of humans, in the way in which we are made. It refers to something a human is rather than something a human has or does. By virtue of being human, one is in the image of ? .

Also, the image refers to the elements in the human makeup that enable fulfillment of human destiny. The image is the powers of personality that make humans, like ? , beings capable of interacting with other persons, of thinking and reflecting, and of willing freely.

Yes but what is really a human?? All the things you listed do not oppose evolution, what you are basically saying here is that the image of ? is the human spirit which can also be called human consciousness which i believe to be correct. Still this does not exclude evolution.

If you really want to break it down, there were only 3 "true" humans that ever lived on planet earth.

and

Jesus Christ

All 3 of them lived how humans were intended to live. Prior to the fall in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve had perfect fellowship with the Father. Jesus Christ, likewise, had perfect fellowship with the Father.

Jesus Christ obeyed the Father perfectly. Adam and Eve didn't thus the reason why the fall happened.

You see, ? intended that a similar sense of fellowship, obedience, and love characterize humans relationship to ? , and that humans be bound with one another in love. We are completely human only when manifesting these characteristics. And this has only been achieved by Adam and Eve before the fall, and Jesus Christ.

Evolution on the other hand cares nothing about love, obedience, or fellowship. Why? Because ? is erased from the equation. When that is done love is out the door(survival of the fittest), obedience is non-existent (do as thou wilt), and fellowship is scoffed at (hating ? and fellow man).

None of what you just posted proves that ? could not simply be guiding evolution, he created the environment evolution happens primarily as a reaction to the environment so since a ? would know all possible reactions he could be the force behind our evolution. This is the reason why the answers to how we came to be in existence won't be answered by biology. biology is just a reaction to the universe existing, if science can find out and understand how reality came into being then and only then will science have it's questions about the existence or non-existence of ? answered. Physics is stuck at the quantum level, where we have even less real proof and where there is even more loopholes and guesswork. currently we think that all matter exists because of quantum fluctuations in a vaccum which is the same as saying that the universe exist because it is possible for it to.

If ? created evolution on a macro scale, one species evolving into a new amd better species, you have to throw out what the Bible clearly says in Genesis 1 and 2. Upon doing that your left with doubting the whole existence of the word of ? because it can't be trusted.

Genesis 2:7 states "and man became a living being." If ? was the guiding force behind evolution, why would He specifically state that man "became" a living being when ? formed him and breathed into him the breath of life? If your position is correct, that means that man owes his existence to some other primitive life form, that is separate from what ? laid out in the scriptures. It totally contradicts what scripture teaches, which is that man was formed by ? on the 6th day of creation. ? was the direct cause of everything, He is the intelligent source of everything we see, He is the uncaused cause that set everything in motion. Amen.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright somebody with knowledge of this evolutionist theory explain this to me. How is it that we have many different species of organism that can exist in the exact same habitat living under the exact same conditions? It seems to me the theory of evolution would say that every organism that lives in the trees in the forest would evolve into the same species. Every organism that lives in desert would become another etc.

Why would there be a Lion, antelope, cheetah, wildebeest etc all in the same Serengeti when they are all living under the same conditions? Wouldn't they have evolved into the same thing?

They don't evolve into the same animal because one populations way of survival is not the same as the others, example : if you eat meat and i eat grass then we become different from each other. Also if i mutate a slight difference then my children pass it on and over time me and you end up looking very different especially, if i move somewhere else. You may be forced to live in a pack i may be forced to live and hunt alone that's why lions and leopards became different even though they started from a common ancestor.

But doesn't the theory of evolution and natural selection state that ALL organisms come from a common ancestor? If that's the case why would one even start to eat grass while the other start to eat meat if they are living under the same conditions with the same variables?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    This is why we can't have nice threads. The name calling and telling people about their level of thinking, etc is really just petty.

? actually is more forceful with His speech when He describes the pride of man and foolish thinking. When you serve the LORD you have to earnestly contend for the faith. Calling people out, by pointing out error is called speaking the truth. Toes may be stepped on, because the truth hurts.

? actually calls the people who subscribe to the wisdom of this world, fools. And He describes them as such, because their thinking has become foolish due to pride. When you speak the truth, it will cut to the soul because the truth is what sets us free.
  • Ajackson17
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Probably because they started eating it one day I guess. Let me see if there are any books on this, but I think carnivores were the first of their kind.
  • zombie
    Options

and

Jesus Christ

If ? created evolution on a macro scale, one species evolving into a new a better species, you have to throw out what the Bible clearly says in Genesis 1 and 2. Upon doing that your left with doubting the whole existence of the word of ? because it can't be trusted.

Genesis 2:7 states "and man became a living being." If ? was the guiding force behind evolution, why would He specifically state that man "became" a living being when ? formed him and breathed into him the breath of life? If your position is correct, that means that man owes his existence to some other primitive life form, that is separate from what ? laid out in the scriptures. It totally contradicts what scripture teaches, which is that man was formed by ? on the 6th day of creation. ? was the direct cause of everything, He is the intelligent source of everything we see, He is the uncaused cause that set everything in motion. Amen.

It says that man became a living being and ? formed man but it does not say how, evolution is the best "How we have" currently. Nothing you just posted contradicts what i am telling you if you understand what i am telling you. by creating the universe ? created the primitive life form that our bodies came from. it's the creation of the universe that needs to be dealt with and not biology.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

And how can it be a low-level of thinking when research on this topic has been going on for over a century?..

1. ? didn't "come" from anywhere. The infinite had no beginning and He has no end. He has always existed. That's why He is ? .

2. It's low level thinking because this thinking has led to the dismissal of ? in the hearts and minds of countless souls. And where has this level of thinking gotten us? No where. It hasn't solved anything, except continuing the downward spiral of mans decent into the pit of destruction.

-There's no hope in evolution
    -There's no promise in evolution
    -There's no solution in evolution

It's all vain babbling that contributes absolutely nothing to the well-being of man. And actually it has and will continue to lead to the eternal destruction of souls for all those who go to the other side with this belief system. Amen.
  • zombie
    Options

But doesn't the theory of evolution and natural selection state that ALL organisms come from a common ancestor? If that's the case why would one even start to eat grass while the other start to eat meat if they are living under the same conditions with the same variables?

environments don't stay the same for all time a swamp will eventually change into grassland so while this is going on life is changing to survive. In other words the variables change and populations of the same creature make different decisions on how to deal with them in different ways.
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Darwin was not wrong.... and unfortunately for him he could live another 100 years.

In Robert Greene's Mastery he goes in-depth about Darwin. That ? was waaaaaayyy ahead of his time and shook the fabric of our beliefs on what life is and how it came to be.

Ok..... I'm taking my thread back.........

@sion.......

Darwin was wrong......

Alot of people making comments........

But no one has yet to address the information in the op.......
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

and

Jesus Christ

If ? created evolution on a macro scale, one species evolving into a new a better species, you have to throw out what the Bible clearly says in Genesis 1 and 2. Upon doing that your left with doubting the whole existence of the word of ? because it can't be trusted.

It says that man became a living being and ? formed man but it does not say how, evolution is the best "How we have" currently. Nothing you just posted contradicts what i am telling you if you understand what i am telling you. by creating the universe ? created the primitive life form that our bodies came from. it's the creation of the universe that needs to be dealt with and not biology.

The word of ? does tell us how ? formed man. He created man from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7). And ? created woman from the side of man (Genesis 2:21).

If evolution is true than it contradicts what the scriptures teach. If man "evolved" from another life form, that means that our existence was dependent on that other life form and not on ? .
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    This thread was established for the sole purpose of "debunking" or "proving" that the theory of evolution is bogus......

And the engine of scientific racism................

All comments are welcome......

However......

Before you speak, know that in this thread, everyone, even a clown, is responsible for the words of their voice..........

Not to be standoffish.....

But I have advanced degrees in anthropology, and actually study this type of ? ........

I believe that this is a G&S topic........

But will move to the R&R in a few days.............

Paleontologists Use 3-D Models to Rewrite Evolution

tetrapod.jpg

"Using a new modeling method, researchers bombarded these 360-million-year-old fossils with high-energy X-rays in order to make 3-D models of the ancient remains.......

The results made paleontologists do a 180. Literally......

The previously believed orientation of the backbone was, in fact, backward. Those vertebrae that paleontologists had thought faced forward were actually facing the rear, and vice versa.

The skeletons of these first four-legged creatures have long been used to show how the spine evolved. Paleontologists for the last 150 years have therefore theorized about spinal evolution based on an inaccurately pieced-together structure........

With the new findings in mind, paleontologists will now need to rewrite the story of early tetrapods and the evolutionary history of the development of other vertebrate species—humans included."
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/?p=42382&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews#.USlPyWdnCSo
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    How does this involve Darwin?

This.....

New_Scientist_cover.jpg

"For much of the past 150 years, biology has largely concerned itself
    with filling in the details of the tree. "For a long time the holy
    grail was to build a tree of life," says Eric Bapteste, an
    evolutionary biologist at the Pierre and Marie Curie University in
    Paris, France. A few years ago it looked as though the grail was
    within reach. But today the project lies in tatters, torn to pieces
    by an onslaught of negative evidence. Many biologists now argue that
    the tree concept is obsolete and needs to be discarded. "We have no
    evidence at all that the tree of life is a reality," says Bapteste.
    That bombshell has even persuaded some that our fundamental view of
    biology needs to change."
    http://postbiota.org/pipermail/tt/2009-February/004416.html

On The Origin of Species 22 years later, Darwin's spindly tree had grown into a mighty oak. The book contains numerous references to the tree and its only diagram is of a branching structure showing how one species can evolve into many.

1859_Origin_F373_fig02.jpg

The tree-of-life concept was absolutely central to Darwin's thinking, equal in importance to natural to natural selection, according to biologist W. Ford Doolittle of Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Without it the theory of evolution would never have happened. The tree also helped carry the day for evolution. Darwin argued successfully that the tree of life was a fact of nature, plain for all to see though in need of explanation. The explanation he came up with was evolution by natural selection. ...

From tree to web

"As it became clear that HGT was a major factor, biologists started to realise the implications for the tree concept. As early as 1993, some were proposing that for bacteria and archaea the tree of life was more like a web. In 1999, Doolittle made the provocative claim that "the history of life cannot properly be represented as a tree" (Science, vol 284, p 2124). "The tree of life is not something that exists in nature, it's a way that humans classify nature," he says."

http://youtu.be/-bMQkAqxNeE

This thread was not intended for your personal beliefs on if ? exists..........

• Ajackson17
    Options
    I have addressed it and yet no one responded to me. The core factor in evolution is real and those who do not believe it, well I blame their education for it.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I have addressed it and yet no one responded to me. The core factor in evolution is real and those who do not believe it, well I blame their education for it.

You addressed it with your personal beliefs/feelings............

This was intended to be an academic/scientific debate......

Leave your feelings at the door.......

• zombie
    Options

and

Jesus Christ

The word of ? does tell us how ? formed man. He created man from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7). And ? created woman from the side of man (Genesis 2:21).

If evolution is true than it contradicts what the scriptures teach. If man "evolved" from another life form, that means that our existence was dependent on that other life form and not on ? .

Do you realize that science basically says that the earth was created by trillions of particles ( dust) that clumped together? and that man like all things on earth came from this. the other life forms were dependent on the creation of the earth which was dependent on the sun which was dependent on the creation of the universe. ? made the universe so therefor ? made us all and there is no contradiction.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options

1. ? didn't "come" from anywhere. The infinite had no beginning and He has no end. He has always existed. That's why He is ? .

2. It's low level thinking because this thinking has led to the dismissal of ? in the hearts and minds of countless souls. And where has this level of thinking gotten us? No where. It hasn't solved anything, except continuing the downward spiral of mans decent into the pit of destruction.

-There's no hope in evolution
    -There's no promise in evolution
    -There's no solution in evolution

It's all vain babbling that contributes absolutely nothing to the well-being of man. And actually it has and will continue to lead to the eternal destruction of souls for all those who go to the other side with this belief system. Amen.

Don't "amen" me, lol..

You claim we're spiraling into a pit of destruction as if there wasn't ? up things going on in the past like Slavery, WW1, WW2, Partition of Africa etc. (which was orchestrated by Christians btw)..

But I'm digressing, since what I'm talking about doesn't directly relate to the topic at hand, which is Evolution..
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    Not saying that evolution is wrong, but Darwin was a ? .. a real ? shoulda stomped a mudhole in him..
  • zombie
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Battyboy drew ali

i will step out your ? thread now, you ? keep flagging my post without reason, by the way i am not bambu you accused me of having an alias i have none.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    I know you are not @Bambu......

Because he is I and I am him.........