Joey Bada$$ At The Breakfast Club

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil b ethered that lil boi
  • A$AP
    A$AP Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, he almost signed to Hov
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude can spit. that Lil B ? and him actin all feminine about it was not a good look tho. aight bout to listen to the interview now
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    son young props to him
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah man I hope this kid blows up. I wish he would've stayed in school though.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so he says he was in the talks with Roc Nation but the negotiations stopped when Jay understood what joey was tryna do...?

anybody else catch that? IDK, that just says something to me.... he seemed reluctant to give details but i think i see what hes sayin
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? straight Deaded the Radio. Basically said yall ? dont gotta Play me. Lmao
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Perfect wrote: »
    so he says he was in the talks with Roc Nation but the negotiations stopped when Jay understood what joey was tryna do...?

anybody else catch that? IDK, that just says something to me.... he seemed reluctant to give details but i think i see what hes sayin

Elaborate..
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

guessing jay-z wasn't feeling the direction he was trying to go
  • Black Boy King
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options

Sounds to me it's a money issue, he basically said that he is looking for a label to dump a bunch of money in his lap after that. I don't know about all that!
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah i have no idea either and the host werent smart enuff to dig a little deeper into that comment they just wanna talk battle bs about lil b smh
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Sounds to me it's a money issue, he basically said that he is looking for a label to dump a bunch of money in his lap after that. I don't know about all that!

i didnt hear anything about money.. all he said was "Jay saw my vision and.. *shrugs*". if you listen to enough joey badass, his vision contradicts what Jay represents

why they aint ask em whats his vision, it sounded like they bailed on that topic quick
  • usmarin3
    Options

i didnt hear anything about money.. all he said was "Jay saw my vision and.. *shrugs*". if you listen to enough joey badass, his vision contradicts what Jay represents

why they aint ask em whats his vision, it sounded like they bailed on that topic quick

It's money dude, look at the question that was asked after that about where he would like to sign. He clearly states money is a issue, to me he was basically alluding to it was a money issue with Roc Nation. Vision is just code word for money.

I don't think it's deeper than that, after all look who is signed to Roc Nation, Jay E and J Cole for ? sakes. It's not like he would be forced to change who he is.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Dude got bars I hope he blows up.
  • Black Boy King
    Options

It's money dude, look at the question that was asked after that about where he would like to sign. He clearly states money is a issue, to me he was basically alluding to it was a money issue with Roc Nation. Vision is just code word for money.

I don't think it's deeper than that, after all look who is signed to Roc Nation, Jay E and J Cole for ? sakes. It's not like he would be forced to change who he is.

sounds like you're just believing what you wanna believe then

quote in response to the JayZ question: "The whole situation with that was uhh... I don't really know *shrugs* we had a meeting and I guess he just understood my vision"

3 seconds later "so whats up with lil B beef"

and yo J Cole makin music about ? now and Jay Electronica finished his album a year ago and aint drop a song from it YET. not even just to test the waters. ? aint even got an approximate release date/quarter/year/decade.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly!! It ain't about no damn money. ? is definitely skimming through the music with Bada$$.
  • usmarin3
    Options

quote in response to the JayZ question: "The whole situation with that was uhh... I don't really know *shrugs* we had a meeting and I guess he just understood my vision"

and yo J Cole makin music about ? now and Jay Electronica finished his album a year ago and aint drop a song from it YET. not even just to test the waters. ? aint even got an approximate release date/quarter/year/decade.

What are you implying to as to why he didn't sign to Roc Nation?

J Cole has always made music about ? (Dreams, In the morning, Higher, She loves me,etc).

As for Jay E, i think they're trying to find his single and how to roll him out (same ? that happened to J Cole).

You know labels aren't just gonna throw out a ? and hope he makes it, we saw what happened to Krit over at Def Jam. You have to have the right set up and some momentum before releasing a album.

• usmarin3
    Options

Exactly!! It ain't about no damn money. ? is definitely skimming through the music with Bada$$.

Then what do you think the issue is? Stop beating around the bush. If it ain't money what is it?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont like him

talkin bout he real hip hop and he dont even kno what real hip hip is

fugazi ass ny ?
  • Black Boy King
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Plap, you from Florida tho what you talkin bout lol

@usmarine IDK what the issue is, they ducked that topic quick fast. the only thing I got from it was "Jay understood his vision"

so the only thing I can say right now for sure is, he didn't sign with Roc Nation because "Jay understood his vision". Make your own inference what that means, g, i got mine. If you think it's money aight, but i'm positive that aint it
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    @usmarine "Stay on point, open ya third eye boyyyyyyyyy"
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Plap, you from Florida tho what you talkin bout lol

@usmarine IDK what the issue is, they ducked that topic quick fast. the only thing I got from it was "Jay understood his vision"

so the only thing I can say right now for sure is, he didn't sign with Roc Nation because "Jay understood his vision". Make your own inference what that means, g, i got mine. If you think it's money aight, but i'm positive that aint it

Then state what yours is!
  • Black Boy King
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You know the answer but you detest it and refuse to believe it. or maybe support it, idk

i digress