Coming soon: our next stage, ? evolutus.

Options

Comments

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Humans are currently an ape.

The species Humans evolved from would also be classified an ape.

The ape line evolved from primates.

These primates had tails but the ape line lost this tail.

The tail was reduced to a vestigial feature the coccyx.

All apes share this vestigial feature.

If a structure was vestigial in our ancestor it would remain vestigial in us. (If it remained at all)
  • Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    whar wrote: »

If a structure was vestigial in our ancestor it would remain vestigial in us. (If it remained at all)

Exactly...........

So your theory suggests that the tail, skipped a generation.............

i.e. Humans evolved from primates to apes....... Apes to humans............

However.......

During all this evolution and adaptation.........

Humans continue vestiages from muti-species adaptation.........

Even though there is absolutely no need for vestigiality to continue from primates to apes...........

Let alone apes to humans...........

It is a totally unnecessary trait...........

Lost to evolution?.?.?.?

or

A flawed 17th century concept??????

• Drew_Ali
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »
    whar wrote: »
    Humans are ? sapiens. They never had a functioning tail.

Then the coccyx does not meet the definition of a vestigial structure................

Oceanic wrote: »
    Biology . a degenerate or imperfectly developed ? or structure that has little or no utility, but that in an earlier stage of the individual or in preceding evolutionary forms of the organism performed a useful function.

^^^ So this definition, in other words, is:

A degenerate or imperfectly developed ? or structure that has little or no [usefulness or purpose], but that in an earlier stage of the individual or in preceding evolutionary forms of the organism performed a[nother] useful function.

Now.....

What your evolutionary science will not reveal is that the closest relative to humans in the animal kingdom is the pig........

Much is made about the closeness of chimps and humans.....

However, no ? transplants between the two has been successful.......

Opposed to the swine......

Which is used in ? transplants, skin grafts, and testing on things like bullet and shrapnel damage in humans......

Cloned Pigs Modified for Use in Human Transplants

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/01/0103_020103TVclonedpig.html

pig.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/transplants/framesource_pig.html

In other words......

If you "evolved" from any other creature, it is the swine..............

Which is why......

Leviticus 11:7 - 11:8

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.

Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they [are] unclean to you.

All praise is due to Allah..............

BUMP

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the tail was lost to all apes where is it 'skipping' a generation?

Some vestigial forms do go on to disappear however they can also continue. Regardless if a trait has diminished use or even no use it simply can not disappear immediately. Evolution is slow and incremental. The tail is a trait apes dropped about 25mya but structures that support the tail still remain in all apes.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    Nonsense..........

The human coccyx was created to anchor the pelvic floor...........

• Drew_Ali
    edited April 2013
    Options
    And your definition for vestigial is too broad...............

You claim common descent........

So you can flippantly say that if any distant "relative" had a tail.......

The coccyx is a vestige of that former use...........

Hogwash.......

Illustrate this process in humans............

receipts.gif
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Orly?.?.?

First you say..
    What your evolutionary science will not reveal is that the closest relative to humans in the animal kingdom is the pig........

Then you say..
    [pigs] are sometimes called "horizontal humans". Although they are more distantly related to us than, for example, the great apes

qxFs1.gif
  • Bodhi
    Options
    [img]http://www.troll.me/images/? -off-obama/hey-you-? -up-son.jpg[/img]
  • Bodhi
    Options
    [img]http://www.troll.me/images/this-? -? -my-? /? -you-? -up-thumb.jpg[/img]
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    Of course they will say "Although they are more distantly related to us than, for example, the great apes"

They also say.....
    Blanket comparisons of all DNA sequences between species are not very meaningful."

However the facts remain.......

"As pig insulin differs from human insulin by only one amino acid, and pig insulin was administered successfully for the treatment of diabetic patients for decades until recombinant human insulin became available

Remarkably, in 1838 the first corneal xenotransplantation (from a pig) was performed in a patient, whereas the first corneal allograft (human-to-human) was not carried out until more than 65 years later, in 1905."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3246856/
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    28rk285.jpg

Researchers also discovered several health similarities between humans and pigs. Pigs share some of the same protein abnormalities as humans with obesity, diabetes, dyslexia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Similarly, researchers found that pigs have fewer endogenous retroviruses than many other animals, making pigs an important ally for more complex medical procedures like ? transplants.

"The pig genome is very important, maybe even more important than we once thought," Sang said. "It is very good for biomedical research advancements and it also looks to be a good resource for comparative studies of many other diseases."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20121117/Researchers-discover-health-similarities-between-humans-and-pigs.aspx?page=2
  • Bodhi
    Options
    [pigs] are more distantly related to us than... ...the great apes

qxFs1.gif
  • Bodhi
    Options

"As pig insulin differs from human insulin by only one amino acid, and pig insulin was administered successfully for the treatment of diabetic patients for decades until recombinant human insulin became available

Remarkably, in 1838 the first corneal xenotransplantation (from a pig) was performed in a patient, whereas the first corneal allograft (human-to-human) was not carried out until more than 65 years later, in 1905."

Researchers also discovered several health similarities between humans and pigs. Pigs share some of the same protein abnormalities as humans with obesity, diabetes, dyslexia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Similarly, researchers found that pigs have fewer endogenous retroviruses than many other animals, making pigs an important ally for more complex medical procedures like ? transplants.

"The pig genome is very important, maybe even more important than we once thought," Sang said. "It is very good for biomedical research advancements and it also looks to be a good resource for comparative studies of many other diseases."

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20121117/Researchers-discover-health-similarities-between-humans-and-pigs.aspx?page=2

^^^ None of this translates to mean pigs are more similar to humans than the great apes. Try again.
    Blanket comparisons of all DNA sequences between species are not very meaningful."

bill-duke.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Options
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    For the record..........

That quote was used to illustrate the way that genetic similarities are downplayed by science concerning the swine and human.........

Humans are more genetically similar to swine than any other animal............

Which is why...........

• Bodhi
    Options

bill-duke.jpg
  • Drew_Ali
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Again that was a quote, not my own words...... I have also provided the referance for the statement..........

*YOU FAIL THE GODS*

?report=previmg
  • Bodhi
    Options
    From your link:

many of the species used as donors [were] … sheep, rabbits, dogs, cats, rats, chickens, and pigeon

…not solely pigs.

And still...

[pigs] are more distantly related to us than ... the great apes

qxFs1.gif
  • Bodhi
    Options
    In know it was a quote. It's funny because you clearly didn't read thoroughly what you so poorly researched before posting

Some anthropologist. What school did you graduate from, bruh?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I'm asking because I want to write a letter explaining how disappointed I am.

tumblr_lpuz5ljery1r1zphpo1_400.gif
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    Ga State.......

And I also clearly stated that the connection was downplayed by science.................
    Now.....

• Bodhi
    Options
    Nah, duke. What you clearly stated is that:
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    Whatever, duke....

There is nothing I can do about you ignoring my posts and trying to change ? up....................

• Drew_Ali
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm asking because I want to write a letter explaining how disappointed I am.

My students would say I have done an excellent job here................

& attest to my academic rigor...............