Coming soon: our next stage, ? evolutus.

Options
Drew_Ali
Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Evolution's Next Stage
Driven by technological advances, humans are changing faster than ever. Coming soon: our next stage, ? evolutus.

By Steven Kotler|Wednesday, February 27, 2013
http://discovermagazine.com/2013/march/13-evolution-full-tilt#.UT67_xwz0ti

technoevo.jpg?mw=900

In Brief:

"Fogel began applying these methods to the study of slavery. This enterprise led him deep into the relationship between economics, physiology, and longevity, where he analyzed variables such as the amount of food consumed by the average slave (or freeman) measured against the amount of work he produced."

“As it turns out,” Fogel recounts, “most slaves, especially those on smaller plantations, were fed better and lived in better conditions than freemen in the North. This meant they lived longer, healthier lives and thus produced more work. Certainly, it’s an odious conclusion, but it’s right there in the data.”

Wait for it.............

"Right now, humans are the only hominid species on Earth, but it seems unlikely to remain the case, notes Juan Enriquez, CEO of Biotechnomy, a life-sciences investment firm, and a founding director of the Life Sciences Project at Harvard Business School. “We’re now no more than a generation or two away from the emergence of an entirely new kind of hominid,” he says. “? evolutus: a hominid that takes direct and deliberate control over its own evolution and the evolution of other species.”"

28400e4741cfb1d1127fad7b6d71.jpg

"The standard science fiction version of what happens after we take control of our evolution usually runs along eugenic lines, leading toward efforts to build a master race. But the real situation is nowhere near so straightforward."

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course it was coming soon. I'll be a super super super ? soon.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This sounds like the beginning of a resident evil movie/game.....

notice he didn't deny eugenics completely either....

Jacobs trouble.....
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Yeah eugenics is the dumbest thing when you are trying to create a superior human.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can believe it...with all the skinny jean, no backbone having a** dudes today...they certainly got the ? part right.
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    funniest ? i heard a atheist say.... i said why arent we evolving? what are we going to involve into? are we going to be flying and ? ?

he said, "in order for us to evolve, everybody has to stop believing in ? . believing in ? is preventing our evolution."

i started cracking up like.. "we need to stop believing in ? for us to evolve? LOL!" he sat there lookin sawdy like, "yea duuuuude".

atheists. they do provide some good ENT. sometimes tho.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Of course it was coming soon. I'll be a super super super ? soon.

damn, i have the perfect dragon ball z gif at home for this. Blond fro and all.
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    This will be the realest ? I ever wrote..................

To all members of the IC...........

I was labeled a fool & banned for saying this before..........

However........

I have advanced degrees in anthropology & study this type of ? ...........

Europeans got less shaded in stages

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/?p=18031#.UT7Jcxwz0tg

"The Pith: the evolution of lighter skin is complex, and seems to have occurred in stages. The current European phenotype may date to the end of the last Ice Age.

A new paper in Molecular Biology and Evolution, The timing of pigmentation lightening in Europeans, is rather interesting. It’s important because skin pigmentation has been one of the major successes of the first age of human genomics.

So what’s the explanation from the authors? One proposal they make is that human evolution is accelerating due to more genetic variation because of larger effective population sizes."

human evolution is accelerating due to more genetic variation ........

• whitecracker
    whitecracker Members Posts: 406
    Options
    can i get a summary i was gonna read but that last pic was racist and ? me off
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The key issue is to move beyond the term race. Rather, the question is this: does evolution apply to humans? If so, then we must remember that variation is the very stuff of evolution. Not only does variation emerge as an outcome of evolution, but it is the raw material of evolution. The creationist Duane Gish is wont to say that if you tell people they are animals, they will behave like animals. The reality is that humans are animals, but we are no less human for it. Similarly, people fear that if you admit that populations may be biologically different it may lead some to conclude that they are morally different. But the fact is that different populations are biologically different....................

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/?p=1350#.UT9G2Bwz0th

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

I was labeled a fool a banned for saying this before..........

However........

"The Pith: the evolution of lighter skin is complex, and seems to have occurred in stages. The current European phenotype may date to the end of the last Ice Age.

A new paper in Molecular Biology and Evolution, The timing of pigmentation lightening in Europeans, is rather interesting. It’s important because skin pigmentation has been one of the major successes of the first age of human genomics.

So what’s the explanation from the authors? One proposal they make is that human evolution is accelerating due to more genetic variation because of larger effective population sizes."

Intresting....im waiting ti see where you going with this.

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wonder if i died and came back
    would ? still make a ? sit here and slang ?
    would everybody treat me like i was the same cat
    its gotta be somebody that can come and explain that
    i knooooooooo
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

I was labeled a fool a banned for saying this before..........

However........

Intresting....im waiting ti see where you going with this.

I am ostensibly stating that if you cosign the theory of evolution.......

You also cosign this ? .......

If the theory of evolution is a fact or correct.......

Then evolution did not stop with humans and we continue to evolve........

As illustrated here & in the op......

Races_and_skulls.png

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is grown & sexy?
  • Drew_Ali
    Options

Some people find intelligent conversation grown and sexy..............

However I agree with you............

These ? is befuddled.......

• Ajackson17
    Options
    That's pseudo evolution on a specific agenda to make it seems ? structure is by a natural order. However Charles Darin never consigned it and was against it.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    That's pseudo evolution on a specific agenda to make it seems ? structure is by a natural order. However Charles Darin never consigned it and was against it.

This thread has nothing to do with Darwin........

Aside from the fact that he originated the theory.........

I already have a thread demolishing his ? & it is being updated daily...................

This is related to new research peep the dates........

2012 & last month........

These researchers are more politically correct.......

You have to understand the terminology........

The word race is seldom used in modern research........

It has been replaced with population.........

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Evolutiom is not directly linear like that pictre you just posted, its more of a branching out from the first singled celled organism to the multi-celled organisms we have today.

And 100prime that athiest friend of yours is right, the further people move from the idea of worshipping dieties the more they further themselves and humanity.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    Evolution is real and racism is a social construct. Anyone can use anything for political means
  • Drew_Ali
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Evolutiom is not directly linear like that pictre you just posted, its more of a branching out from the first singled celled organism to the multi-celled organisms we have today.

I have already illustrated that the metaphor of a linear tree of life is incorrect............

However the end results are the same...........

Whether you use a tree or a web.........

I post this video again because it seems that a few individuals seek clarity for my earlier posts...........

http://youtu.be/-bMQkAqxNeE

More info can be found in the SL.............
    And 100prime that athiest friend of yours is right, the further people move from the idea of worshipping dieties the more they further themselves and humanity.

So you are saying that atheists seek a form of spirituality to evolve humanity.?.?.?.?.?

• blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant speak for every athiest because unlike people of a religious denomination, athiests do not subscribe to the same thoughts.

I will say for myself that the same energy i put used to put onto the worship of dieties i now put into seeking knowledge and truly understanding how things work.

I really feel like everything boils down to positive and negative energy, but i think it is foolish to assign a diety to personify those energies.
  • Drew_Ali
    Options
    I cant speak for every athiest because unlike people of a religious denomination, athiests do not subscribe to the same thoughts.

I will say for myself that the same energy i put used to put onto the worship of dieties i now put into seeking knowledge and truly understanding how things work.

I really feel like everything boils down to positive and negative energy, but i think it is foolish to assign a diety to personify those energies.

f079eorigcoolstorybro9.jpg

Ahhhhhh where was I ??????????

OH YES..........

Assertion: Because modern humans are a young species, there has not been enough time for major differences to emerge between populations.

The literature on recent human evolution is still evolving, so to speak. But it is clear that during the Holocene, the last 10,000 years, our species has been subject to a wide array of selective forces. Lactose tolerance, malaria tolerance, differences in color, hair form, and size, seem to be due to recent adaptations.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/?p=1350#.UT9G2Bwz0th

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    So basically they are saying that the so called "? " is a primitive form of white man?

I just hope my comprehension is off.....
  • KingKemet
    KingKemet Members Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So basically they are saying that the so called "? " is a primitive form of white man?

Thats exactly what I'm getting from the picture. Seems like ? , but to play the devils advocate, europeans (as well as other ethnic backgrounds) DID originate from Africa. Afterwards, they developed into different types of humans due to the geographic area they ended up inhabiting. I dont agree with what the picture is conveying though.

• Drew_Ali
    Options

Your comprehension is on, brother..........

I am simply illustrating that this research is not just coming from outright "racist" outdated research.............

Current research topics support your summery of the evidence.............

I post this ? because.........

I am going to ? the fuckery out there.......................

People are in demand for the truth...........

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    bismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm
    In the name of ? , the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.