Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeros/The Phantom Pain

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I need this game. Now. In my life. One more time into hell with snake. One more time building a private army (for the 2nd ? time). Lets build this Outer Haven

Nerd ? aside this game is gonna be deep as ?

When I open the game and pop that ? in which ever playstation I decide to play it on imma be sitting there in a la

tumblr_inline_mkqiysbwp61qz4rgp.gif

at the opening cutscene
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    Kojima: Metal gear Solid V on Xbox One and PS4 Will Look Better Than E3 Trailer

By Matthew Bennett, Associate Editor
    Posted on June 13, 2013 AT 09:21am

The Metal Gear Sold V: The Phantom Pain trailer which was showcased during Microsoft’s E3 press conference blew our minds with how detailed the environment and characters were, but series creator Hideo Kojima has stated that it will look even better on next generation consoles.

“For this project we were using the PC to build the Fox Engine to create our game,” Kojima told Polygon at E3. “We’re using the current-generation as a [guideline]. While we were developing on current-gen, next-gen came long. We’re really trying to reach the peak of the current generation right now— 360, PS3—and then see how much we can take it up for the next-generation.”

Kojima added that the E3 trailer was ”more tuned to the current generation,” in terms of character models and environment. ”Once we start going into development for next-generation we’re definitely looking for something better than [what] we have shown today,” he said.

The team is aiming for 60 frames per second and a higher resolution with the final Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions. Kojima concluded by revealing that Metal Gear Solid V will be getting an app for smartphones and tablets.

“You can also enjoy the game with multiple devices,” so players can “enjoy [Metal Gear Solid 5] from anywhere at any time,” he said. ”With MGS5, I feel that [using] multiple devices, tablets and smartphones and how to interact with it socially is a big step forward.”

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is due to release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.

Source: Polygon

so the trailer we have seen is xbox 360 and ps3 not next gen

wonder if it will look/run better than MGS4 since MGS4 took full advantage of the PS3 and was built from the ground up on it
  • jayloveboogie
    jayloveboogie Members Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    Options
    damn the graphics are off the chain for the next Metal Gear Solid Games coming to xbox one and ps4.look real as ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gEqmkduIeMU#!
  • reapin505
    Options
    Aint it coming out on PC too? Maaaaaan if one could mod that game oh lawdy. They wouldnt even need to remake Metal Gear1 and 2,someone can just do it on there. If it does come out on the pc imma get 3 copies
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm just speculating, but my guess is that the main character in this game is actually Solidus. I also think the game will take place over the course of multiple time periods, one being where the actual Solid Snake is an adult and voiced by David Hayter. This is one way where the ages of these characters would add up but with Foxdie, who really knows for sure.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    If it's solidus i'm not buying. I'm not dealing with a second bait and switch.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've always enjoyed MGS.. but ? if it aint hard to keep up with the storyline... ? .
  • reapin505
    Options
    If it's solidus i'm not buying. I'm not dealing with a second bait and switch.

I dont think Kojima would pull that ? . He has to make up for giving the go ahead for another developer ? up Revengence. Plus the eye patch doesn't even match up.

I wonder if they are gonna include Campbell again. Haven't heard from him since Portable Ops. Unless he is with Cypher and all that is explained when Foxhound is reformed. Same with Frank Jager. At least Ocelot is back though.

I need this game though, is there a release date? I am fiendin over here damnit
  • reapin505
    Options
    Also seeing as how those are Russian soldiers, I am guessing this takes place in the early Russian Afghan war. Maybe we will see a child Liquid since its close to the Gulf War and its in the damn near the same region. It has always said Liquid spoke Arabic fluently enough as if it was his native language.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kojima seeking studio to remake Metal Gear Solid... again
    by Danny Cowan on Jun 25th 2013 3:30PM

x130625twinsnakes.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9SIuQuqBs3.jpg

Metal Gear series director Hideo Kojima is currently seeking a studio to remake Metal Gear Solid using the Fox Engine, Gamereactor UK reports. Kojima noted his interest during a recent roundtable interview, after a fan requested remakes for the first two Metal Gear Solid games.

The Twin Snakes, a 2004 remake of the original Metal Gear Solid, was developed by Silicon Knights during the studio's brief stint as a second-party Nintendo developer, and remains a GameCube exclusive. Series compilations like Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection and the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection feature the original PSone version of Metal Gear Solid.

While Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 were remade for 2011's release of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, the original game in the series continues to elude an HD makeover.

Kojima noted that some of Metal Gear Solid's mechanics would require updating for a potential remake, but gave no further details. Kojima previously expressed doubts that Metal Gear Solid could be updated for modern audiences, explaining that "It was a game made for a certain era -- not just the story, but the controls and everything about it reflect that era in which the game was made."

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD developer Just Add Water expressed interest in producing a Metal Gear Solid remake in a Twitter reply to Kojima earlier today.

http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I'm just speculating, but my guess is that the main character in this game is actually Solidus. I also think the game will take place over the course of multiple time periods, one being where the actual Solid Snake is an adult and voiced by David Hayter. This is one way where the ages of these characters would add up but with Foxdie, who really knows for sure.

i think they already officially anounced the game to be in the 80's or something like that.. check out wikipedia. lol
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    stoneface wrote: »

i think they already officially anounced the game to be in the 80's or something like that.. check out wikipedia. lol

That doesn't mean they can't flash to different time periods throughout the course of the story. Im just throwing a possibility out there. This is MGS we're talking about. Take all the info with a grain of salt.

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kojima wants to remake MGS1 on this Fox Engine.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I just finished MGS4. First off, the plot of MGS5 is pretty much given away in MGS4 looks like. In fact, I think a few of MGS4's chars will make an appearance in MGS5. In younger form more or less. Think the little blonde kid in the trailer is definitely liquid. We might get to see the origin of the gun runner, Drebin 893. As well as a return appearance of Naomi Hunter. A younger Zero and the relationship he had with Big Boss. I expect EVA to show up as well.

But this dude Kojima needs to chill on the cinematics, for real. Some of those cut scenes in MGS4 are wack as ? . I think this ? was made to be overly complicated just to be overly complicated. That ? did more harm than good I say. It's obvious this guy has a want to be full theatrical with this game, so he needs a better director and story boards. And chill on the fan service, some of which is creepy. And no more ass shots of the protagonist. Definitely get rid of the grown ass man running around in tights.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only remakes I'd be interested in are the NES games. The PS1, PS2 games being remade is just unnecessary. And reeks of Kojima just using the game as a cash cow.

It's time they did a game based on the aftermath of MGS4 or give us a real Gray Fox game.
  • reapin505
    Options
    MGS1 MG1 and 2 is the only remakes I want now however a Gray Fox game would be dope
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    so I just got the legacy collection its worth it. it comes with mg, mg2 snakes revenge, mgs1, vr missions, the digital comic for mgs1, mgs2 and the digital comic for that with new stuff added into it don't want to spoil and say what scenes are new., mgs3, and mgs4. mgs4 is on its own disk.
  • reapin505
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    so I just got the legacy collection its worth it. it comes with mg, mg2 snakes revenge, mgs1, vr missions, the digital comic for mgs1, mgs2 and the digital comic for that with new stuff added into it don't want to spoil and say what scenes are new., mgs3, and mgs4. mgs4 is on its own disk.

I saw that ? at the store and I was all ? I couldnt get it. I never wanted to rob someone so much in my life just for a game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mon, Nov 04, 2013 | 14:14 GMT

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has been given a confirmed Spring release window on XBOX One, XBOX 360 and other consoles. Director Hideo Kojima has also confirmed the link between the game and The Phantom Pain.

In a press release sent to VG247 today, Kojima said of the ties between both games, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid : The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch Spring 2014 on Xbox 360 and the other current gen console as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while Xbox One and the other next gen digital version will come in at £29.99.

According to the release, Ground Zeroes, “charts a rescue mission as users infiltrate a Cuban prison camp, and sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the stunning plotlines of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.”

mgsvgz_ss_demo_001.jpg
    mgsvgz_ss_demo_003.jpg
    mgsvgz_ss_game_005.jpg
    fox_03_20131007.jpg
    fox_02_20131007.jpg
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    ^ Spring 2014? I don't believe that. But if so that'd be GOATish
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has PlayStation-only content
    Hideo Kojima has unintentionally revealed Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will have exclusive content on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

Kojima tweeted the right-attached image today, which shows the Ground Zeroes demo room at Sony’s PlayStation 4 review event in New York City happening today.

Looking on the TV screen, you’ll see the following points outlined:

Prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    Takes place in 1975, after Peace Walker and nine years before The Phantom Pain
    Multiple missions with central story mode and side-ops missions
    Exclusive content for PlayStation platform

gematsu.com/2013/11/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-has-playstation-only-content
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Lemme change dat thread title
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Lemme change dat thread title

please do...

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After seeing a vid of gameplay I'm not so hyped about this game. It seems dumbed down...