Drake got the hottest song in the whole world in every street.

Options

Comments

• Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake been better than wayne for some time now. This might be the year where its the consensus.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ That verse is old though...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    record is hot, but let's not go crazy now
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas should jump on the Remix

To be honest I would like to hear to hear Nas on that joint
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spam? da ? ? Illbot ain't about to clap me bc you don't agree with what I said.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Guess people still dont know that he talking about the bottom as in underground rap and ? . he still had to grind to get noticed.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess people still dont know that he talking about the bottom as in underground rap and ? . he still had to grind to get noticed.

GTFOH with that ? ... there artist who truly grind... Drake didnt grind ? to get put on. His Pops and Uncle connections in the industry got him to meet with J Prince kid.. who then introduced him to Cash Money... dude was not griding like that...
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

GTFOH with that ? ... there artist who truly grind... Drake didnt grind ? to get put on. His Pops and Uncle connections in the industry got him to meet with J Prince kid.. who then introduced him to Cash Money... dude was not griding like that...

? no matter dude still had to put out mixtapes, get a solid fanbase first. He did started from having no fans or knowing no one in the industry to being one of the biggest artists right now. so yeah he did started from the "bottom"
  • nujerz84
    Options

? no matter dude still had to put out mixtapes, get a solid fanbase first. He did started from having no fans or knowing no one in the industry to being one of the biggest artists right now. so yeah he did started from the "bottom"

2 Mixtapes before he got with Cash Money.... that not grinding or putting in work. Name one Rapper with only 3 mixtapes to his name that managed to get Eminem and Kanye West (or 2 big rappers at the time) on a record?

Dont worry I'll Wait...

• StoneColdMikey
    Options

2 Mixtapes before he got with Cash Money.... that not grinding or putting in work. Name one Rapper with only 3 mixtapes to his name that managed to get Eminem and Kanye West (or 2 big rappers at the time) on a record?

Dont worry I'll Wait...

he had 3... and it doesnt matter he still wasn't ? before he started rapping only that show degrassi. he started from nothing when it came to rap
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beat is hot, but the song is just decent.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas should jump on the Remix

Yea so he can make it listenable for my ears
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word. Havin ya pops and uncle as background singers for al green can take u a long way.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    Theses young ? have the game handed to them only in this day in age would 3 mixtapes be considered griding. Nevermind the fact only reason he was able to put them out was due to his family connects and the money he made from Acting. Thats not grinding.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont worry I'll Wait...

Bret...Wiz was signed from his first tape...Cudi did his first tape livin with Plain Pat, and was already signed...Trinidad Janes was already well connected in Atlanta before he dropped his ? ...J. Cole dropped 1 official tape prior to the Warm Up...A$AP was already connected, and got a cosign from Drake before his first tape...Kendrick was signed to TDE from jump and signed to Def Jam at 17...I could keep goin...

No rapper who really has a buzz got that without either making good connections or having good money...It just doesn't happen...

But een if you have both, it won't matter unless you can maximize them with a product people wanna buy...
  • nujerz84
    edited March 2013
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

Dont worry I'll Wait...

Bret...Wiz was signed from his first tape...Cudi did his first tape livin with Plain Pat, and was already signed...Trinidad Janes was already well connected in Atlanta before he dropped his ? ...J. Cole dropped 1 official tape prior to the Warm Up...A$AP was already connected, and got a cosign from Drake before his first tape...Kendrick was signed to TDE from jump and signed to Def Jam at 17...I could keep goin...

No rapper who really has a buzz got that without either making good connections or having good money...It just doesn't happen...

But een if you have both, it won't matter unless you can maximize them with a product people wanna buy...

Wiz Kahlifa and Kendrick Lamar were dropped from labels... J Cole rocked open mics at End of the Week...Tinidad James is wack...

Kid Cudi nor ASAP rocky are on Drake level in popularity nor are either of them gassed up and placed amongs hiphop elite like Drake is by the ? . And none of the artist you named had a mixtape song in rotation in across the country 24/7 like Drake did.

Drake didnt get his name rocking open mics or college/undeground radio didnt flood the market or was on the Mixtape scene for years like most artist who grind nor was he ever dropped from major label like Kendrick and Wiz...

Dude had a built in fan base before he ever dropped a record...Even more so that Degrassi did episodes based on his character rapping.

So again what grind you young cornballs talking about?
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you guys hear miami just started a winning streak i heard they might get to 33!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First time listening to it and ? is trash.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Started from the bottom now I have ? in Sweden who die for me
    Started from the bottom now ? takin bullets for me in ST.Louiis
    Started from the bottom now Zorrow rollin out the red carpet for me
    Started from the bottom now Zorrow ridin for me
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread funny as hell . .
  • gocanucks1916
    gocanucks1916 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Options
    I don't get this song. When I first heard it I thought it was a sign that Drake was fallin' off. Could have done a lot more with this beat. He said "started from the bottom now we here" like 400 times and that's the song? Verses were forgettable. Overall I was disappointed.

5 AM in Toronto was fire though.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Remix coming soon

2af0lxt.jpg