SMH! THEY STILL TRYIN TO DO AWAY WITH BLACKNESS. PEEP JESSICA LUCAS(EVIL DEAD, CULT) IN COMPLEX MAG

Options
1235»

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Final note and I am out, if you are really interested in building wealth, don't try and learn from this Umar character..try reading the Wealth of Nations, Go to Business school, talk to people who have been successful and work your ass off like this guy..

imgThe%2Bpursuit%2Bof%2Bhappyness4.jpg
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Final note and I am out, if you are really interested in building wealth, don't try and learn from this Umar character..try reading the Wealth of Nations, Go to Business school, talk to people who have been successful and work your ass off like this guy..

imgThe%2Bpursuit%2Bof%2Bhappyness4.jpg

This movie was a horror movie to me. ? had me scared half to death.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    ocelot wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    lol@ everyone ignoring the purpose of this thread. this is mainstream media for ya, they doing the same to nicki. to them white is right. black is unattractive..

Meh... They're females and this is the illpixs... We had a good run with ? tanning themselves and getting ass shots to look black... Now its time for them to look white. ? go were the the money go... I don't expect them to have pride n ? .

I'll tell you one thing, mainstream has been doing that since Bernays revolutionized public relations. Thats why we're in the state that we are in.

jessicalucascomplexlead.jpg

That pic is clear-cut "whitening" the image of Jessica.

On that note, I want to share this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyF_y3M7Lu8

Umar Johnson for president
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar wrote: »

dodged my question...because there isn't one. The direct reason we are in the condition we are today. No one said that someone can't go on and get anything they want, capitalism and rise of wealth is not just about working and creating your own business, it's about building real estate, resources, property, etc. Why do you think they don't talk about it in urban neighborhoods? I see why you caught feelings to what Umar was talking about in that video.

traestar, you are missing my point and no feelings were caught from this ? because he thinks wealth is created only by banks handing money over to anyone who walks in the door.

Let me give you some real examples of Business I know first hand how they began.

The company where I work was begun in the basement of a mans house, he started producing a specialized electronic component, more people were slowly hired, years of slogging it out, success, more people hired, software, firmware, engineers and production people, company sold to much larger one..man retires

Family member, brilliant guy, needs capital, does he expect to go to a bank and get millions of dollars he needs? ? no and he didn't cry about it either. Other family, co-workers and business people who have done work with him for years invest, 3+ years of slogging it out, more investors come in..angel investors who like his idea..about to land the deal that will make a lot of people very happy after years of wondering if they would make it?

Good friend of mine wanted to make and item that you wear ( I wont be more specific ), does he go to the bank and cry they wont give him the money for his product? no. Takes his own money, has his design sent to Chinese factory, promote the ? out of it, his first run has sold out, already on to next version of product.

This is how wealth and companies begin and anybody can do this, why aren't there black owned shoe companies that you and I know about? I suspect there are MANY but they aren't making the kinds of shoes you would wear, they are making the kind that wont get your feet cut up and DON'T cost hundreds of dollars to look cool wearing.

@Chocolate_Reign
    Nothing is wrong with hard work!
    Having the determination to go out there and build from the bottom and then presenting the idea to venture capitalists is something everyone should be thinking about if they want to build wealth and capital. There are also many of the exception who have took the Chris Garner route and made it for themselves. In today's world, on the rise of internet communications and in the home learning, you can now learn a skill, work at it, and either take it to another level and create something out of it or you could type in your experience and display it to an employer or startup.

This a good class about venture capitalist https://www.udemy.com/raise-capital-the-right-way/

But do you think that if all children in schools were taught the importance of ownership, agriculture, and building resources, you think the unemployment rate would even exist?

Compare today's black owned businesses to the Black Wallstreet era where there were black businesses that we're thriving and competing with white businesses. When Tulsa Riots happened, why would anybody go out of their way dropping bombs and destroying the businesses and resources in what was one of the wealthiest black communities in the US? Now look at today when we look at our neighborhoods and our black owned city businesses decreasing and being taken over by Asian Americans of which their revenue and resources goes back to their families. Even in urban neighborhoods where you see that increase in Asian owned businesses and the crime-rate and unemployment rate is skyhigh. You think it's the business owners responsibility to help the community and do business with other people of color?

Central banks and venture capitalist have the "choice" of what business they want to invest in. That's all that matters. Admittedly you can't easily prove that a bank or angel investor didn't invest in your company because of race, but you can have the best business plan, best idea, great marketing and still not get accepted by the banks.

Not saying anyone should be asking for handouts or reparations, but what makes you think other races don't get any type of capital?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO-4IzO2ATk

So for you to call Umar a ? for saying what he said, you basically missed where he's coming from.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Well whatdaya know, and this is from another thread:

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/495000/a-german-guys-perspective-on-african-americans#latest
    Gonna hit yall wit the short version to avoid the titangraph.

I was in NYC yesterday waiting on a table in a restaurant. A German man walks in and sits in the waiting area next to me. I asked him if he knew how long the wait was gonna be for the second floor tables. He had no clue but wen't on about how he was a export broker and visits lots of countries. His English wasn't bad. His wife asked me if i was American or of some other culture and I said no. Just Afro-American and they both seemed to have allot of questions for me after that. The husband said "Why are black Americans so angry" I told him I didn't know and said maybe it had something to do with slavery. He said "we'll in theory you are slaves now" He said "think about it, your woman don't respect you, the justice system is designed to trap you, the media is out to get rich from your ignorance, it's harder for you to get approved for loans, it's harder for you to move into upscale neighborhoods" After he said all that I was just waiting for him to drop the N-bomb but it didn't. He went on to say our neighborhoods are messed up because our household are broken and the school systems are a joke. He said "I guess I'd be angry too"

Then he wen't on about how Indian's, Korean's and the Chinese thrive in these neighborhoods and how the banking system gives them loans in the blink of an eye if they tell them it's for a chicken place, liquor store, beauty supply store, gun store etc.

So I asked him if they had blacks in Germany and what did they think of us. He said most have never been here so the only knowledge they have of us is from media sources which almost always puts us in a negative light.

He said most of that black people he has come in contact with were very loud, rude, arrogant and walked around with a sense of entitlement from so many years depending on the system.

I have to say I was kind of offended by what he was saying but part of me was like "this ? aint tellin me nothing new" But damn! Is that how most people who never really dealt with us before feel?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    traestar, the world does not owe anyone a shoe company, if you want it, go get it!

Here are guys whose mission is to give millions of shoes to African kids.

http://www.toms.com/our-movement/

TOMS was founded on a simple premise: One for One. Every purchase you make, TOMS will help a person in Need.

toms-shoes-drop.jpg

http://www.shoe4africa.org/

Back in 1995 founder, Toby Tanser, was training athletics in Kenya. Lost on foot in the Mara he discovered true charity and support from the Kenyan people. Leaving Kenya (shoeless) he was arrested as a vagrant, upon arriving in Sweden (in the snow). He discovered others too wished to help and give shoes.

One act lead to another; teams were formed, races were held.

29683118_640.jpg

A white man giving anything for free to black people especially children is a bad thing, while tom may have been good intentioned he is part of the problem. Training black people to take handouts is a bad thing notice he's not helping africans learn how to make their own shoes.

ibhUpdO53hxYlV.gif
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    And some how whites have convinced us that we can be racist. Again how can that be so when we don't own anything?
    it helps to check out the definition of "racism," man

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    traestar, the world does not owe anyone a shoe company, if you want it, go get it!

Here are guys whose mission is to give millions of shoes to African kids.

http://www.toms.com/our-movement/

TOMS was founded on a simple premise: One for One. Every purchase you make, TOMS will help a person in Need.

toms-shoes-drop.jpg

http://www.shoe4africa.org/

Back in 1995 founder, Toby Tanser, was training athletics in Kenya. Lost on foot in the Mara he discovered true charity and support from the Kenyan people. Leaving Kenya (shoeless) he was arrested as a vagrant, upon arriving in Sweden (in the snow). He discovered others too wished to help and give shoes.

One act lead to another; teams were formed, races were held.

29683118_640.jpg

? damn...what fairytale world do you live in? Can I live there? How are you so ignorant about what is apparently your field of work?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    And some how whites have convinced us that we can be racist. Again how can that be so when we don't own anything?
    it helps to check out the definition of "racism," man

Yes it does help. You should do that
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Yes it does help. You should do that
    yeah... i have and it's not specific to any one race. or based on your finances or what level of the government you control. but thanks for proving you didn't go check that out!

• IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    This white girl at work thinks that racism is over I just told her the other day it's still around it's just covert now so much so that you might not even notice it when it's right in front of your face.

We need more black people behind the camera and in positions of power in our own ? . so that we can control our own image.

fixed for ya baby boy

• daija_brooks31
    daija_brooks31 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    I hope you guys know Jessica Lucas is mixed with WHITE and black and she is from Canada so she tans really easily smart ass before post something like this keep that in mind and if you watch interview she is quite light probably cause she hasn't gotten a tan and complex didn't do intentional some people just look lig
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options