Marvel "Infinity" Event Discussion

Options

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if i'm not mistaken, the Earth ties into what's going on in both Avengers' books. It's the hub of the madness. They're trying to prevent the Great Destroyer from entering the universe or some such nonsense. It's all part of the marvel now push to change the status quo..it started with age of ultron and is playing out now
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well yeah, the Avengers are headed off into space to link up with others to take on members of the oldest sentient race in the universe.

The other side of the coin is Thanos and his generals coming to earth and the remaining heroes (Mighty Avengers, Inhumans, etc...) trying to deal with them. I'm sure Thanos has a larger role behind all of this, but that's what we know so far.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first place thanos will visit on earth is the necropolis in wakanda
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing I want to know is why is Thanos even bothering with Earth. Is there something there he wants? I mean Earth should really hold no real significance for him.

^^^this
    Marvel love playing with our intelligence....SMDH @ ether they do

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanos basically told Starlord why the events in Infinity have to take place at the end of this month's Guardians of the Galaxy issue.

Man, Beast and Wolverine done did some ? messing around with the space/time continuum.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited August 2013
    Options
    What did he say? I've stayed away from GotG because I hear it was absolute Doo Doo now.

On a side note, I been reading Thanos Quest + Infinity Gauntlet just for kicks. It holds up real well. Still one of the most epic comic stories around.
  • nicky the don
    nicky the don Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Todays issue was pretty good. He basically said that everyone is coming to handle earth because of them continuously messing with space/time. I also read that really you can trace the last few universal threats back to earth.

Was good to see Mantis again. Maybe she'll rejoin them later.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Well they need to go at Reed because I'm sure he's singlehandedly responsible for a lot of those instances.
  • nicky the don
    Options
    Yeah, all the universe stuff has been more or less been caused by people that have came from earth, all the cosmic crossovers, even the Shi ar-Kree war.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    if i'm not mistaken, the Earth ties into what's going on in both Avengers' books. It's the hub of the madness. They're trying to prevent the Great Destroyer from entering the universe or some such nonsense. It's all part of the marvel now push to change the status quo..it started with age of ultron and is playing out now

Explain bro?
  • nicky the don
    Options
    The earth was put off limits by the cosmic leaders. No aliens are allowed to step foot or interfere with earth. It's seen as very dangerous and unreliable, a bunch of "kids" playing with powers that effect the universe, without thinking of the fallout. With all the recent stuff with the heroes messing with space/time, it's caused the cosmic leaders to take action.

An ancient race that decide if a civilization deserves to live, die or evolve are on their way to earth. The Avengers are adding members to go into space to meet the threat before it gets here.

Thanos uses the heroes going off-planet to invade. Exactly what the reason is hasn't been revealed yet.

In New Avengers, alternate earths are colliding and destroying each other. The Illuminati are working to save the planet, but in the process used the infinity gauntlet, which was destroyed.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Wassup with Black Bolt? ? made a room or some ? where he can talk.

? ? off Medusa ended up getting ? slapped by her.

After Infinity, the Inhumans are supposed to be at the forefront of the next Marvel event.

I dunno how true this next tidbit is, but this next event is supposed to somehow tie into the connection between the Inhumans and mutants.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    The earth was put off limits by the cosmic leaders. No aliens are allowed to step foot or interfere with earth. It's seen as very dangerous and unreliable, a bunch of "kids" playing with powers that effect the universe, without thinking of the fallout. With all the recent stuff with the heroes messing with space/time, it's caused the cosmic leaders to take action.

An ancient race that decide if a civilization deserves to live, die or evolve are on their way to earth. The Avengers are adding members to go into space to meet the threat before it gets here.

Thanos uses the heroes going off-planet to invade. Exactly what the reason is hasn't been revealed yet.

In New Avengers, alternate earths are colliding and destroying each other. The Illuminati are working to save the planet, but in the process used the infinity gauntlet, which was destroyed.

This ? has me confused like muthafucka.

Didn't Starlord's father get on other galactic races about leaving Earth off limits, but then had his kingdom attack Earth or some ? ?

Isn't that why the Guardians of the Galaxy being hounded by Starlord's father's minions? They found out that Starlord's father violated the Earth being off limits edict.

Also, did anyone catch that Starlord/Teen Jean vision?

newlovej_zps3d90888b.jpg

I can't wait to see that GOTG/X-Men interaction.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wassup with Black Bolt? ? made a room or some ? where he can talk.

? ? off Medusa ended up getting ? slapped by her.

After Infinity, the Inhumans are supposed to be at the forefront of the next Marvel event.

I dunno how true this next tidbit is, but this next event is supposed to somehow tie into the connection between the Inhumans and mutants.

A writer is going to focus on a book that details the terrigen mists being released on the planet again..I believe this is what Black Bolt is working on in addition to another bomb..Once the Mist is released, it will awaken latent abilities in the ancestors of previous Inhumans, thus making them "mutants" in a sense. I also believe Marvel is creating this Inhuman Mutant storyline so they can include mutants in their greater Marvel Movie verse. I will have to look into it but something happened which limited Marvel using the mutants in their grand movie verse. By creating an entirely new breed of mutants via Inhumans, they can side step the issue
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Infinity 1 isnt out yet right?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Im gonna start reading GoTG
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    [img]http://x.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/6/03/51f9623b44263/detail.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/c/d0/51f961ed4fcc7/detail.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel/i/mg/3/20/51f961a3f2270/detail.jpg[/img]

While the balance of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes takes to space in hopes of heading off the Builders when INFINITY kicks off August 14, Iron Man and the rest of the Illuminati remain on Earth. These heroes may explain their reasoning with maintaining a home front defense, regular readers of NEW AVENGERS know better, as editor Tom Brevoort explains:

“Overtly, Tony Stark has stayed behind to marshal the defenses of the Earth against the Builders. In actuality, as the Illuminati [are aware], these incursions continue to happen, and probably there’s going to be one coming soon; if [they] are off in space and nobody deals with that, the universe is likely to be destroyed and it’s not going to make a difference anyway.”

Again, those following NEW AVENGERS—and if you’re not, obviously you’re missing some pretty major stuff—recognize “incursions” as reality-shattering events in which alternate Earths encroach on our own, usually leaving one destroyed, an eventuality even the Illuminati have had little success averting. Pages from INFINITY #1 from writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Jim Cheung show that these failures will continue to reverberate.
    Infinity #1 preview art by Jim Cheung

“This was the moment in which [the Illuminati] crossed the Rubicon and did an awful thing,” says Brevoort of the sequence that originally took place in NEW AVENGERS #6 presented here from a new perspective. “It was the point that they actually went from trying to find more civilized and scientific ways of solving the problem to having their backs up against the wall and having no other recourse but to destroy a world.

“It was the first world that’s been destroyed by the Illuminati, and the Avengers by extension, and that is significant.”

As if dealing with incursions and their own actions wouldn’t be enough, Iron Man and his allies must also face other looming threats to the planet, including a Mad Titan with a particular interest in Black Bolt, as indicated in today’s final preview page.
    Infinity #1 preview art by Jim Cheung

“It’s a crisis on top of a catastrophe on top of Armageddon kind of at once,” Brevoort reiterates. “The Illuminati have to deal with their ongoing problem, while at the same time contending with the fact that the Builders are coming, and, oh, yes, Thanos too is knocking on the door.

“[These] characters will be very much at the center of the Earth-bound sections of INFINITY especially, put into the pressure cooker and through the wringer in a big way.”
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Starbrand just got his powers and already owned the Avengers

aveng91-420x288.jpg

This High School youngin knocked the Hulk's ass into orbit during his first battle and survived a direct hit from Mjolnir like it was nuffin

tumblr_mip10zDYMf1qeenqto1_500.png

2890076-1361564524.jpg

We're not even gonna get into how The Builders (Ex Nihilo and his sister, Abyss) are Terraformers...meaning that they can literally create new life on planets.

Those three, Captain Universe and Hyperion combined without the Avengers are beasts.

I think Infinity might restore Marvel events to respectability.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    This event is going to be crazy. As soon as one side looks like it's packing too much power, then you see a bunch of new big guns on the other side.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats happening with the inhumans are they are getting their original premise back of being discriminated against that they took away and gave to the x-men, also they gonna have some game of thrones type ? going on.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Starbrand bodying Thor and Hulk?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    @Bcotton5 - Cap had to send Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel in space to go bring Hulk back to Earth.

Scary thing is that Starbrand is still learning to use his powers, yet he still stood up to Hyperion, Hulk and Thor all at once.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Hyperion is supposed to be stupid powerful like Superman IDK much about him though
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    There's like 3 versions of him, from what I remember. Might be more.

I always liked the evil version from Squadron Sinister. He beat the ? outta Wonder Man

802619-hyperion_vs._wonder_man001.jpg

Wonder-Man_Hyperion_2.jpg

wvr5ue.jpg