Video: Multi-Racial Cheerios Ad Receives A lot of Scrutiny...

Options

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    You forgot to call me ? loving. and ? loving. and ? loving. and chug loving.

but most of all i'm hybrid loving.

p.s. the invisible man in the sky you worship is mixed

First of all ? is not a man, you think because you are a ? that makes you better than everyone else. that's why you believe in the myth of the human hybrid vigor theory but there is something called outbreeding depression which you clearly are a product of

No I think because my parents have ancestry from two completely different parts of the planet I turned out better than I would have had they been more closely related.

I also think Rashida Jones is extremely sexy.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

First of all ? is not a man, you think because you are a ? that makes you better than everyone else. that's why you believe in the myth of the human hybrid vigor theory but there is something called outbreeding depression which you clearly are a product of

No I think because my parents have ancestry from two completely different parts of the planet I turned out better than I would have had they been more closely related.

? is a nothing because it is a fictitious concept created by people who needed an explanation of the world but did not have the tools necessary to find one.

There exist no serious genetic difference in the races for there to be hybrid vigor if you accept hybrid vigor you also have to accept outbreeding depression. ? for me does not exist as a tool to explain the workings of the universe i look to science for that . ? is the creator of this machine we call existence and the teacher of humanity.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It has everything to do with heterzygosity..which is promoted heavily through race mixing. People are getting taller for many reasons but that study shows that heterozygosity contributes to good health and correlates with increased height.
    Positive effects of heterosis and hybrid vigour have been amply demonstrated in animals and plants, especially in the F1 generation. Thus, the breakdown of the past population substructures and greater outbreeding resulting from increased human population mixing and urbanisation may be leading to increasing h and beneficial effects on a range of traits associated with human health and disease. It has also been proposed that the traits showing marked secular trends during the 20th century, such as IQ, height and age at menarche, could also have been influenced to some extent by increasing h over this period.

Stay ignorant though. Have inferior offspring. Your loss.

what you quoted agrees with me the increase in IQ and height comes from urbanisation and mixing of different populations not races. before urbanization people of the same race in the same nation lived largely apart

False.....

Population = race......

? is a nothing because it is a fictitious concept created by people who needed an explanation of the world but did not have the tools necessary to find one.

There exist no serious genetic difference in the races for there to be hybrid vigor if you accept hybrid vigor you also have to accept outbreeding depression.

LOL....

So now there is no "genetic" difference for "race"????????

• NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    I don't see what the fuss is about, they've been showing white-male+Asian-woman commercials for a while.

"................"

Oh yeah. -_-

For the group who I, assume, is at the front line of the kvetching, White+Asian is different; as in, it's more acceptable than "White+lowly ? ".

• zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    It has everything to do with heterzygosity..which is promoted heavily through race mixing. People are getting taller for many reasons but that study shows that heterozygosity contributes to good health and correlates with increased height.
    Positive effects of heterosis and hybrid vigour have been amply demonstrated in animals and plants, especially in the F1 generation. Thus, the breakdown of the past population substructures and greater outbreeding resulting from increased human population mixing and urbanisation may be leading to increasing h and beneficial effects on a range of traits associated with human health and disease. It has also been proposed that the traits showing marked secular trends during the 20th century, such as IQ, height and age at menarche, could also have been influenced to some extent by increasing h over this period.

what you quoted agrees with me the increase in IQ and height comes from urbanisation and mixing of different populations not races. before urbanization people of the same race in the same nation lived largely apart

False.....

Population = race......

There exist no serious genetic difference in the races for there to be hybrid vigor if you accept hybrid vigor you also have to accept outbreeding depression.

LOL....

i said there was NO SERIOUS GENETIC DIFFERENCE meaning that humans on a genetic level are mostly the same. and population does not always equal race, their can be two different populations of the same race that mix together the white population of england is an example of this
  • bambu
    Options

False.....

Population = race......

LOL....

i said there was NO SERIOUS GENETIC DIFFERENCE meaning that humans on a genetic level are mostly the same. and population does not equal race, their can be two different populations of the same race that mix together the white population of england is an example of this

Ok......

I'm gonna let you hate on after this......

England is about the size of Louisiana........

Not much diversity in populations there............

The British Isles have diverse populations because of its geography.......

isles.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0d86oWEoO_g8YPUwxdzM0IqiFuVOZIzIPdaL2aWQZ0FqPGdhBNg

Depression exists.......

However......

On the other hand, according to the overdominance hypothesis in genetics, it is believed that certain combinations of alleles (which can only be obtained by outbreeding) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual, which is one explanation for the existence of hybrid vigor.

hatersgonnahate.gif

• zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options

False.....

Population = race......

LOL....

i said there was NO SERIOUS GENETIC DIFFERENCE meaning that humans on a genetic level are mostly the same. and population does not equal race, their can be two different populations of the same race that mix together the white population of england is an example of this

Ok......

I'm gonna let you hate on after this......

England is about the size of Louisiana........

Not much diversity in populations there............

The British Isles have diverse populations because of its geography.......

isles.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0d86oWEoO_g8YPUwxdzM0IqiFuVOZIzIPdaL2aWQZ0FqPGdhBNg

Depression exists.......

However......

On the other hand, according to the overdominance hypothesis in genetics, it is believed that certain combinations of alleles (which can only be obtained by outbreeding) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual, which is one explanation for the existence of hybrid vigor.

hatersgonnahate.gif

No you do not understand the native british today are a mix of many different european populations germans, ROMANS , normans and other viking groups and some french and earlier celts.

Hybrid vigor in humans is ? and in animals hybrid vigor only lasts one generation so it does not improve future organisms. NOTHING is special about race mixing and race mixed people are no better than any other group of humans.
  • bambu
    Options
    Hybrid vigor is undeniable in humans because of the fact that............

Certain combinations of alleles (which can only be obtained by outbreeding) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual...........

And the rest of what you talking is speculation..........
  • zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hybrid vigor is undeniable in humans because of the fact that............

Certain combinations of alleles (which can only be obtained by outbreeding) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual...........

And the rest of what you talking is speculation..........

Nothing i wrote is speculation what you are calling hybrid vigor does not apply to race in the way you are trying to make it.

like i told you populations of the same race can mix and you will get the same genetic effect as if a white and a black person mix. and the british are a mix of the many different populations of europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_the_British_Isles

So called hybrid vigor in animals only last on generation this is common knowledge.
  • bambu
    Options
    You stupid.....

300px-Haplogroups_europe.png

The genetic dominance hypothesis attributes the superiority of hybrids to the masking of expression of undesirable (deleterious) recessive alleles from one parent by dominant (usually wild-type) alleles from the other (see Complementation (genetics)). It attributes the poor performance of ? strains to the expression of homozygous deleterious recessive alleles. The genetic overdominance hypothesis states that some combinations of alleles (which can be obtained by crossing two ? strains) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual. This hypothesis is commonly invoked to explain the persistence of some alleles (most famously the Sickle cell trait allele) that are harmful in homozygotes. In normal circumstances, such harmful alleles would be removed from a population through the process of natural selection. Like the dominance hypothesis, it attributes the poor performance of ? strains to expression of such harmful recessive alleles. In any case, outcross matings provide the benefit of masking deleterious recessive alleles in progeny.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This commercial is racist! Showing a black man sleep on the couch, makes it seem like that's what he does all day.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Reddit and Youtube tho. You will read the stupidest ? ever on there. Nothing but trolls
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The husband shouldn't be in the house unless he has shackles on his neck and wrist.

Daughter: Hey mommy daddy said cheerios is good for the heart.

Mom: He said what?!

Daughter:.....

Mom: *Storms off in to the living room* WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO READ?

Husband: *lying on the couch* Uh well uh yuh see uh .......

*Cheerios theme plays out*
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they reacted this way wit an interracial couple, imagine how those folks would've acted had it been a ? couple.

Smh
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this commercial smells like Honey Nut Cheerios
  • zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    You stupid.....

300px-Haplogroups_europe.png

The genetic dominance hypothesis attributes the superiority of hybrids to the masking of expression of undesirable (deleterious) recessive alleles from one parent by dominant (usually wild-type) alleles from the other (see Complementation (genetics)). It attributes the poor performance of ? strains to the expression of homozygous deleterious recessive alleles. The genetic overdominance hypothesis states that some combinations of alleles (which can be obtained by crossing two ? strains) are especially advantageous when paired in a heterozygous individual. This hypothesis is commonly invoked to explain the persistence of some alleles (most famously the Sickle cell trait allele) that are harmful in homozygotes. In normal circumstances, such harmful alleles would be removed from a population through the process of natural selection. Like the dominance hypothesis, it attributes the poor performance of ? strains to expression of such harmful recessive alleles. In any case, outcross matings provide the benefit of masking deleterious recessive alleles in progeny.

This does not apply to race the way you are trying to make it, the unsourced pictures of europe that you pulled out of your ? only proved my point but you refuse to see it because of your bias YOU ARE NOT ? SPECIAL you mixed breeds are not special and the hybrid vigor in animals only lasts one generation. what school do you teach at? talk to a biologist. MATTER OF FACT KAI claims to be a biology student if she comes in here and agrees with everything you are saying and gives me a good explation for it i will concede.

Hybrid vigor in humans is a myth it has not been proven and it's proponents here are mixed race people like bambu who want to feel superior to black people.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Zombie, the ever proponent of non-people mixing. Why are you so against the idea of black/white mixing or any other group of people mixing?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cause he's just as racist as the peckerwoods that shut down the comments.
  • zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    @Zombie, the ever proponent of non-people mixing. Why are you so against the idea of black/white mixing or any other group of people mixing?

First of all it creates bad economic political and social results for black people, history has shown this

just look at brazil, again it's the perfect example. look at north sudan where a few so called arabs that are black as mid-night and clearly are black, believe they are superior to southerners because of arab ancestry. religions plays a part in this but there is also a racial motivation.

we are at war with the other races and you fools are playing.
  • zombie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    cause he's just as racist as the peckerwoods that shut down the comments.

I'm not a ? racist ? i don't believe on race is better than the next but i am i'm just telling the truth but people don't want to hear it.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you're a ? non-racist ? ? Glad we cleared that up.

You're an idiot and I'd say the same damn thing to a white boy that had something to say about me choosing to make a life with a black man.

? you and anybody else that shares your frame of mind.

• zombie
    Options
    Black men rather stick their heads up some white womans ? than practice the kind of self control that will build a better future for coming generations of african people
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First of all it creates bad economic political and social results for black people, history has shown this

just look at brazil, again it's the perfect example. look at north sudan where a few so called arabs that are black as mid-night and clearly are black, believe they are superior to southerners because of arab ancestry. religions plays a part in this but there is also a racial motivation.

we are at war with the other races and you fools are playing.
    History has shown that, give a man power and he yearns for more. Look at the African continent for the answer to that, irrespective of color, nepotism, political idiosyncrasies are subject to all human.

Only sensible post you've made on this forum is the role of religion cos just like "race", any societal construct has shown to be a failure. Eradicate religion and black people will uplift itself.
  • zombie
    Options
    So you're a ? non-racist ? ? Glad we cleared that up.

You're an idiot and I'd say the same damn thing to a white boy that had something to say about me choosing to make a life with a black man.

? you and anybody else that shares your frame of mind.

white ? go ? your dog.