Who on here thinks J.cole>>>>>Drizzy Drake and why?

Options

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is simply a better rapper
    Drake isn't ? without 40.
    Cole is more relatable.
    Drake has gotten worse and his subject matter is one dimensional and he is completely selfabsorbed
    I dare you to find a Drake song without the words "me"or "I"

You say drake is selfabsorbed... but you like wale. The rapper who declares his own ? classic and says that people that say his music isn't as good as it used to be are just mad because he made it..

"Do you fools listen to music or just watch interviews"

Wale is way more versatile than cole AND drake
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale >>>>> Both

Just kiddin.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is more relatable.
    Drake has gotten worse and his subject matter is one dimensional and he is completely selfabsorbed

You say drake is selfabsorbed... but you like wale. The rapper who declares his own ? classic and says that people that say his music isn't as good as it used to be are just mad because he made it..

Concept wise, yeah...Vocally, naw...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i listen to the ocasional drake song that acutually has masculine tendencies but just like the top of the food pyramid i listen sparingly. Studies show if you listen too much to drakes full albums you end up ? sitting down more. other side effects include emo facebook statuses, spontaneous crying and trina save various hoes.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is the better rapper
    He's more relatable
    He isnt very self-centered (uh Drake?)
    And he's more versatile, Drake has become kinda generic
    Maybe before So Far Gone you could make the argument Drake was on par
    but now? Nah
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Cole is more relatable.

Wale tends to use the same flow on every track althiugh he's starting to switch up.

Cole hasn't improved much so I put wale over him
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lyrically my ? Lloyd Banks will murder both them ? . he dont have the popish type music like them ? but based on pure lyricism he is better
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »
    i made it cool to hate drake.

? sheep.

didn't anyone make it cool to hate drake. homes started talking about how he missed the girl from preschool who always used to get him in tag and about how heartbroken he was in high school when his mom got unscented lotion and dudes were like "WTF drake!?"
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole is more relatable.

Wale tends to use the same flow on every track althiugh he's starting to switch up.

Flow wise, yeah I'd put him over Cole...But mostly I meant that both Drake and Cole can add melody to their verses and it'll work...When Wale tries the sing-songy ? , it sounds off sometimes...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Lmao at Drake being more self absorbed. Cole talks about himelf all the damn time too..to answer the actual thread though they both are repetitive as hell in terms of topic matter. Drake always talking about his trust issues with people in general whether it be women or ? in his crew. J. Cole always talking about his struggle from The Ville and paying back Sallie Mae. Neither is really better than the other to be honest I'd rank them about evenly it just depends on who you personally like better.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at Drake being generic. Oook. Cole isn't in the same stratosphere as Drake as an emcee from a skill perspective or artistically. Drake actually transcends music. Cole is just there. I don't think I can think of one aspect of rap Cole is better than Drake at from an objective perspective.
  • qtipp73
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lmao at Drake being generic. Oook. Cole isn't in the same stratosphere as Drake as an emcee from a skill perspective or artistically. Drake actually transcends music. Cole is just there. I don't think I can think of one aspect of rap Cole is better than Drake at from an objective perspective.

? both these weak ass ? . if i had to chose drake is better I guess. Im tired of all these weak ass rappers caught up in their feelings and ? . U can tell NY aint running ? cuz these ? would have been robbed and lumped up 10 years ago
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Cole is more relatable.

Flow wise, yeah I'd put him over Cole...But mostly I meant that both Drake and Cole can add melody to their verses and it'll work...When Wale tries the sing-songy ? , it sounds off sometimes...

melody isn't necessary tho. When i say versatile i mean subject matter, concepts, beats etc
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Stopped reading.
    Cant steal Kanye's swag and "transcend music."

• qtipp73
    Options
    yall some ? on here i swear. arguing over which mr softee type rapper is better. they both cottonelle soft
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Stopped reading.

You're an idiot if you think Kanye made up the word transcend. Kanye's swag? Jesus Christ have mercy on this generation.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lmao at Drake being more self absorbed. Cole talks about himelf all the damn time too..to answer the actual thread though they both are repetitive as hell in terms of topic matter. Drake always talking about his trust issues with people in general whether it be women or ? in his crew. J. Cole always talking about his struggle from The Ville and paying back Sallie Mae. Neither is really better than the other to be honest I'd rank them about evenly it just depends on who you personally like better.

"Jay-z made 13 albums about selling drugs and you ? loved every single ? one of em"- J.Cole. Tell me he's lying.. cole talks about a lot of different topics
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited June 2013
    Options
    drake doesn't transcend music lmao. homes can't even sing that well ive heard him live. Drake not even close to the musical ability of a kanye west. let drake do an entire album without noah shewhatchamacallit 40 and see how well it comes out. also his R&B hooks are overrated too.

when drake purely raps and doesn't try to do too much he is at his best word to comeback season.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Stopped reading.

You're an idiot if you think Kanye made up the word transcend. Kanye's swag? Jesus Christ have mercy on this generation.

Where did I say Kanye made up the word transcend?
    Get out of your feelings ?
    Both him and 40 were influenced HEAVY by 808s and heartbreak
    So Far Gone was the result, it caught fire and became his signature sound
    You're a lying bastard if you say otherwise
    And we're the same age ? .
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol he wasn't saying kanye made up the word transcend, he was just quoting what you said for that part. he was saying he stole kanye's swag.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Stopped reading.

Where did I say Kanye made up the word transcend?
    Get out of your feelings ?
    Both him and 40 were influenced HEAVY by 808s and heartbreak
    So Far Gone was the result, it caught fire and became his signature sound
    You're a lying bastard if you say otherwise
    And we're the same age ? .

My bad I misread what you said.

Yes, Kanye influenced Drake. Everyone has influences, doesn't take away from your impact. J. Cole's whole thing is College Dropout Kanye 2.0.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    lol he wasn't saying kanye made up the word transcend, he was just quoting what you said for that part. he was saying he stole kanye's swag.

Word I thought he was saying Kanye made up the term "transcending music". I get it now.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

"Jay-z made 13 albums about selling drugs and you ? loved every single ? one of em"- J.Cole. Tell me he's lying.. cole talks about a lot of different topics

Nah Cole tends to stick to the same few topics, he's good at them and I ? with majority of his music but I'm not going to sit and pretend that his topic matter can't get repetitive. ? half of the Cole World album he was still making punchlines about sneaking in chick's dorm rooms. Like "Ok ? I get it, you went to college"