Comments

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    G.Avant wrote: »
    literally like 5 minutes ago doe....

http://snd.sc/18rXXrY

That sample in the beginning is dope and that's D'Angelo when the beat drops right? I know some of yall top secret with the samples tho lol. Also only thing I'd say that was awkward to me was how the vocal chops were used.

word man, yea thats "Untitled (How Does It Feel)", I been wantin to mess with that for a while so I just did it. the joint at the beginning....I'll give the name of the song: "Heaven Is"...dont wanna give the artist, unless somebody knows it....

although I would like to hear how you'd flip it...if you want I can up it and you flip it to see what you mean

Yeah man I'd def like to check that sample out.

just so we clear, I was talkin about uppin the D'Angelo joint so you can flip it so I can see what you mean. I found it interesting you and my wife said that same thing about the vocal part

yeah man Ima hit that track up when I get a chance.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »
    antarticp wrote: »
    Ben E wrote: »
    Haven't posted here in a minute but shout out to T/S for this thread. I've used Cakewalk, Logic and Audacity in the past, but I've been ? with plain ol' Garageband a lot lately...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1GMTblb6k

I chopped up this video for this track I produced for my mixtape I'm trying to finish by the end of the year... Holla at me if you need some video editing done... The audio is only coming out of one channel, but that was because of a glitch the video software and not the track... also....

@therecanonlybeone
    @Batman.

mr metoo ... thats all im using garage band and i got a usb maudio keyboard that i rarely use due to space lol ... but i got mad people trying to convince me to move over to logic ... which imo looks almost identical to garage band ... and i might make that move cause i can load all my garage band ? into logic but i cant move all my logic ? into garageband .......................... but havent done it just yet ...... not really too pressed until i get a bigger space to work in lol ....

oh and dope beat .....

Garage Band is basically "Logic Lite" lol

lol
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's the secret to producing Hip Hop;

Go to thrift shops and used record stores and cop record albums from the 70s for $2-$3. Spend about $100 a month for a year. You'll have crates of records to choose from from groups you've never heard of and groups you would have otherwise never known about.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Go to thrift shops and used record stores and cop record albums from the 70s for $2-$3. Spend about $100 a month for a year. You'll have crates of records to choose from from groups you've never heard of and groups you would have otherwise never known about.

or just search the net lol
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • omikron
    omikron Members Posts: 25
    Options
    I produce and have some beats on my page at omikronbeats.com

I'm influenced by Timbo, Dre, and believe it or not, Trent Reznor. Trent did a remix of "Victory" back when the single dropped and it was siiiick. Always thought that he could be a dope hip-hop producer if he wanted to be.
    Really wish Premo was still elite and HITBoy kinda slid a lil bit IMO. He could prove me wrong real soon tho lol
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    omikron wrote: »
    I produce and have some beats on my page at omikronbeats.com

I'm influenced by Timbo, Dre, and believe it or not, Trent Reznor. Trent did a remix of "Victory" back when the single dropped and it was siiiick. Always thought that he could be a dope hip-hop producer if he wanted to be.
    Really wish Premo was still elite and HITBoy kinda slid a lil bit IMO. He could prove me wrong real soon tho lol

mods
  • omikron
    omikron Members Posts: 25
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Yeah but the thing about thrift shops and used record stores is that they'll have an entire album for $2. You can flip through the album and it'll be an artist that you would have never thought to look for. The only reason you copped it in the first place is because the cover looks cool and its from 1975. In other words, a used record store has stuff that you wouldn't even know to search for on google or you tube.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    FL Studio mobile is meh
    i was expecting more

word, b?
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben E wrote: »
    Haven't posted here in a minute but shout out to T/S for this thread. I've used Cakewalk, Logic and Audacity in the past, but I've been ? with plain ol' Garageband a lot lately...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1GMTblb6k

I chopped up this video for this track I produced for my mixtape I'm trying to finish by the end of the year... Holla at me if you need some video editing done... The audio is only coming out of one channel, but that was because of a glitch the video software and not the track... also....

@therecanonlybeone
    @Batman.

mr metoo ... thats all im using garage band and i got a usb maudio keyboard that i rarely use due to space lol ... but i got mad people trying to convince me to move over to logic ... which imo looks almost identical to garage band ... and i might make that move cause i can load all my garage band ? into logic but i cant move all my logic ? into garageband .......................... but havent done it just yet ...... not really too pressed until i get a bigger space to work in lol ....

oh and dope beat .....

Good lookin out and thanks for checking it out. I hook my Yamaha djx to my Mac, but I've been doing Madd sampling lately..

also whoever mentioned Trent reznor is rite... he'd be a dope hip hop producer....
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Diggin is a lifestyle. lol

Aint nothing like hittin a record store, throwing the ipod on shuffle and just dig dig dig for records. I can spend hours in a record stores basement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpKYnRdf0A
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    RaySwift wrote: »

Diggin is a lifestyle. lol

Aint nothing like hittin a record store, throwing the ipod on shuffle and just dig dig dig for records. I can spend hours in a record stores basement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpKYnRdf0A

Yeah, its called DITC or Diggin in the Crates
  • boss jay
    boss jay Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gr_9aGUK-M ANBOS "I Smoke D Best" (? . by Boss Jay) and Im on the 2nd verse in this video.. this video is the #1 video on MississippiHipHop.com (s/o to all my fellow MS rappers too, Big Krit, Tito Lopez, Tha Joker, Flawless Da RichKid, David Banner, Kamikaze all on the website also)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NCWzzw4Rf0 Boss Jay - Hold On (? . by Boss Jay) this the Real Rap right here.. I do it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJJpe1sdrE Boss Jay - Dat Good (La La La) feat. Bun B (? . by Boss Jay) if u into dat UGK/old Outkast/Big Krit feel I got u..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgdZS64Gtzs Boss Jay - All My Life (? . by Boss Jay) give yall a taste of my sample game..

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dem ? sound nice.....but do yyou have better quality lanks?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boss jay, what part of the sip u from?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are MPCs worth it in 2013 over Maschine, DAWs and MPDs?

Depends on how you work.

An MPC isn't tied to a computer. Sometimes you just might not feel like ? around with a computer at all when you're making music. I know I sometime wish I had an ASR-X strictly for making hip hop joints and honestly, I just might buy one in a few months if I can find the right one.

but with a computer you can get the usb compatible hardware if you dont like using a pc ... just use my pc to edit i have an m-audio usb keyboard to do my notes ... they even have one that looks just like an mpc .... and ? if you savy enuff you can connect you mpc to the computer software as well ........

That's the problem for some people: That the controller is tied to a PC/Mac at all is something some cats don't always want.

Give you an example: There have been times when I was riding the bus where I just wanted to pull out the Axiom Air 32 and ? with some beats, but because the controller does nothing without the software, this is not possible. Right now, if you want to make beats on the go without a PC/Mac, your only real option is the MPC500, which is battery powered. The limitation, though, is that it's still a drum/sample/sequencing machine. If you're the type of producer that uses more instrumentation, you're pretty much ? . You have no choice but to lug around a laptop and controller for on-the-go creation.

lol lugging around a laptop > mpc .... come on son you making it sound like an mpc is the size of an nintendo ds ... there is no comparison when your talking mobile production ... PC is the best route ... lighter and more robust as far as being able to do the complete production from beginning to end ......

I'm guessing you've never seen an MPC500.

4652221196_69774e9bc9.jpg

The MPC500 next to a Nano Kontrol. The MPC500 is far smaller than a laptop and it's battery powered.
  • boss jay
    boss jay Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭
    Options
    boss jay, what part of the sip u from?

Carthage rite in da middle of da sip

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dats wats up man, seem like mississippi has a good lil bit of talent, just hard to get people to support it, especially in the delta lol
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know where I can get Cool Edit for free?
    Better yet, is there a program where you can make beats and use the same program to sample?
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fruity loops? reason? maschine? logic? ableton? pro tools?
  • dwade206
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »

Lol, more specifically, I was using Cool Edit to chop up samples but I wanted to know if FL in particular has an upgrade that will allow me to chop samples, import them, and then create the beat.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

Lol, more specifically, I was using Cool Edit to chop up samples but I wanted to know if FL in particular has an upgrade that will allow me to chop samples, import them, and then create the beat.

Fruity has a lil app called Edison. Its really good. Chop ya sample then just drag it into the Wave Traveller
  • dwade206
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

Fruity has a lil app called Edison. Its really good. Chop ya sample then just drag it into the Wave Traveller

Thanks bruh. You gotta pay for Edison?