The Official 2013-2014 Football (Soccer) Thread.

Options

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    The FA cup can be important depending on the season you're having.

Especially, if it gets to the point that it might be your only silverware that season.

Thats an example of the FA Cup being a back up, not a priorty...

I think it being a British Cup, and there being hardly any British players in The Prem these days, alot of the foreign Prem players dont give a schitt about it, just like the South American players do give a schitt about The World Club Cup and the British players dont, they grow up watching it in Brazil and Argentina and we dont, just like they dont grow up watching the FA Cup and we do...

You see David Luis & Ramiers crying after Chelsea lost in it The World Club Cup the other year, shows how important they take that competition, I bet John Terry the most passionate Chelsea player in the club didnt cry, but I bet they wouldnt cry like that in the FA Cup either...
  • water ur seeds
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    first this....
    1.charity shield will nvr be a major trophy...
    2. when did FA cup stop being a major trophy?

You serious??? The FA Cup gets more and more less prestigious every year,

Then this
    1.charity shield will nvr be a major trophy...
    2. when did FA cup stop being a major trophy?

Obvious its still A major trophy

in the same post...y go on a rant if u gonna jus end up agreeing w me? lmao

lol... Shall I spell it out... The FA Cup gets more and more less prestigious every year... OK You got that???

BUT its still considered and is, a major trophy... You understand it???

Its no where near the held in the regard it once was...
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Forgot, this was a dope flag some dudes made...

[img][/img]photo_zps525aadff.png
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rooney is fit enough to train with the England camp...just not United...smh

Time to let the boy go...difference between him and Suarez is that if Saurez stays, he will get his head down and do the job. If Rooney stays, it will cause trouble in the ranks.

He thinks he will be a more improtant player at Chelsea....let him go and find out for himself...

I'm sick of this ? now...
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cchelsea in for eto'o? Wud love him in the prem and they can afford his wages... Also puts us right back in there for Rooney... If he leaves united he's gonna hav a monster yr I can feel it
  • Gooner
    Options
    lmao even cellar gave him a feelings...
    Chamakh to Palace is official... At this rate we might need Bendtner got our bench we hav no players left
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Time to let the boy go...difference between him and Suarez is that if Saurez stays, he will get his head down and do the job. If Rooney stays, it will cause trouble in the ranks.

He thinks he will be a more improtant player at Chelsea....let him go and find out for himself...

i just wanna see him leave england, my nephew gonna be upset seeing him at chelsea seeing as my older nephew (his brother) is a chelsea fan, the banter will be horrible lol

with suarez i think the link up play between him, courtino and sturidge was just starting to take shape, i know he wants champions league football etc but i reckon he needs to repay the loyalty liverpool showed him and stick it out one more year...
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luiz Gustavo would relish move to Arsenal from Bayern Munich
    Luiz Gustavo has welcomed a potential move to Arsenal, with the club hopeful of completing a £14m deal for the Bayern Munich defensive midfielder this week.

Having played a pivotal role for Brazil in the Confederations Cup despite spending most of the European season as understudy to Javi Martínez in the Bundesliga and the Champions League, Gustavo feels his first-team appearances for the German club will become even more scarce under Pep Guardiola and would jump at the chance to move to the Emirates.

"My contract with Bayern runs until 2015 but it is very important that I play first-team football to keep getting called up for Brazil. I am in a very delicate situation at Bayern and this needs sorting out. I have personal and professional reasons to move," he said on arrival in Basel for Brazil's friendly against Switzerland. "I have heard about the Arsenal interest. It's a big club we're talking about here so of course I'd like to play for them."

Gustavo has also reportedly been targeted by the 2009 Bundesliga champions Wolfsburg, while Napoli are also interested, but it is a move to the Emirates that really catches his eye. "Arsenal play a very attractive brand of football and are in the Champions League. They also have a very clever manager in Arsène Wenger. Even when Bayern beat them in the last Champions League [on aggregate] you could see they are not pushovers."

Praised by Luiz Felipe Scolari, who has said Gustavo's reserve status at Bayern will not hamper his national team chances, the midfielder fears competition from countrymen racking up more appearances could change the Brazil manager's mind. "Nobody earns a place in the Brazil squad with past glories. I need to be playing to show I am in proper shape for the team, especially now that we have only friendlies before the World Cup," he said.

After starting only 20 games for Bayern last season owing to the club breaking the Bundesliga transfer record to sign Martínez for €40m, Gustavo was given the impression his appearances would be even more scarce with the arrival of Thiago Alcântara, Guardiola's main signing since taking over the European champions.

His fears seem to have been confirmed following talks with Guardiola. "We have talked a couple of times but he has not spoken to me specifically about my situation," Gustavo said. "Personally and professionally there are questions I need to address. The transfer window will close in a couple of weeks."

Virtually unknown back home before the Confederations Cup, Gustavo became a household name under Scolari, starting every match in this summer's campaign, including the preparatory friendlies against England and France. The technical director Carlos Alberto Parreira compared him to the great Mauro Silva, one of Brazil's key men in the 1994 World Cup triumph. Gustavo never played for a big club in his native country and left for Hoffenheim in 2007 when he was 20, and the club were still a Bundesliga 2 side.

Deployed almost as a third defender by Scolari, the Bayern man was instrumental as Brazil tormented Spain in the emphatic 3-0 win over the European and world champions at the Maracanã in June. In Basel, Gustavo will probably have a good chance to inquire about Premier League life from David Luiz, Oscar, Paulinho and Julio César, although he seems to have done some homework already. "It is a great league, with such a high technical level. Few players would turn down a chance to go there".

£18,000,000 should be enough. Get the ? deal done, Wenger!
  • Gooner
    Options
    its not even that much it's £14.7m that bayern want apparently idk y this deal isn't done yet... We havnt bid yet according to bbc...Obviously wasnt 1st choice but he's a good alternative and a need... We need to do this ASAP coz he has other suitors
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO Peruvian league game, goalie blooper, I need not say more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J4wQvoN5DqY
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    its not even that much it's £14.7m that bayern want apparently idk y this deal isn't done yet... We havnt bid yet according to bbc...Obviously wasnt 1st choice but he's a good alternative and a need... We need to do this ASAP coz he has other suitors

Knowing the way he's worked since 2006 I would be surprised!!!

P.S. Napoli's is doubling the current price bid & like always Tottenham is interested & what's even more crazy about spurs is the fact that last years team is mostly the players that we were in for!!!
  • northside7
    Options
    LMAO Peruvian league game, goalie blooper, I need not say more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J4wQvoN5DqY

You ? falling asleep with the ball.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

knowing mourinho, he did it partly jus to unsettle rooney and united...

looks like we cud be gettin eto'o, clearly mourinho does'nt have faith in our current 3 strikers....

hhhmmm.
  • DNB1
    Options
    You ? hit me with the feelings! lol....

But just look at this ? ? ...turns out for training 30 minutes before the rest of his team mates with the England camp....didn't wanna play in Rio's testimonial or the Charity Sheild...yet no offical transfer request...

? Shrek, I wanna knock him out...

*More feelings!
  • One Spliff
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You ? hit me with the feelings! lol....

But just look at this ? ? ...turns out for training 30 minutes before the rest of his team mates with the England camp....didn't wanna play in Rio's testimonial or the Charity Sheild...yet no offical transfer request...

? Shrek, I wanna knock him out...

*More feelings!

lol he wants to leave a club clearly on the decline, whats the big deal ?

he wud of been allowed to leave by now if united cud still attract big names, so blame the club not the player.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Clearly on a decline? Lol

No fam, stop it...

He wants to leave cause SAF still has a massive say in what goes on, and clearly...SAF has had enough and he is worried that he could get dropped for massive games due to SAF influence.
  • One Spliff
    Options

No fam, stop it...

He wants to leave cause SAF still has a massive say in what goes on, and clearly...SAF has had enough and he is worried that he could get dropped for massive games due to SAF influence.

is there a reason why united have only signed zaha this season ?

should'nt they be strengthening their sqaud like chelsea and man city have done, if they want to retain the title ?

lets be honest, united are done.

• DNB1
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »

No fam, stop it...

is there a reason why united have only signed zaha this season ?

should'nt they be strengthening their sqaud like chelsea and man city have done, if they want to retain the title ?

lets be honest, united are done.

Yea, that reason is Rooney.

I would say the only reason we need a high profile signing is just to help kick start Moyes career at United. Right now our team could still win the premership.

Look how we won last year by Christmas with the same exact team.

The other teams have to gel, and make mistakes...we are still capable of grinding out results when we play ? .

LOL @ United being done...
  • northside7
    Options
    Gourcuff 'would take pay cut' at Arsenal
    Yoann Gourcuff is ready to lower his sizeable salary to secure a move to Arsenal, according to the Lyon playmaker's club president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Gourcuff, 27, has failed to deliver on the promise that persuaded Lyon to pay €22 million for him in 2010 and offer him a monthly wage of more than €400,000, making the midfielder Ligue 1's highest-paid Frenchman.

Having struggled for both fitness and form over the past three seasons, OL have been looking to offload the France international, whose situation has been monitored by Arsene Wenger.

Responding to Monday's reports in L'Equipe to the contrary, Aulas told the sports daily that Lyon would not be willing to pay any of Gourcuff's salary to allow him to join a Ligue 1 club on loan and revealed the former Bordeaux man was only willing to make financial sacrifices to go to North London.

"Can you see us paying part of his salary for him to play against us with another French club? We've never considered that and it would even more stupid now than it was a fortnight ago," Aulas stated after seeing Gourcuff contribute a goal and two assists in Lyon's 4-0 win over Nice last weekend, their first game of the Ligue 1 season.

"All that I know, if I understood correctly, is that he was ready to lower his salary to go to Arsenal, but that's not the same thing."

Also followed by Monaco and Atletico Madrid, who have long been linked with him, Gourcuff has another two years left on the deal he signed when he moved to the Stade de Gerland from Bordeaux three years ago.

Aulas remains open to the possibility of selling the former AC Milan man, stating on his official Twitter account last weekend that Gourcuff "is not for sale, but he can be bought", and added that he had told the player's lawyer he would grant a non-exclusive mandate to negotiate a transfer, but has not ruled out extending the huge deal to which he agreed.

"We can't change the contract," he said. "The only solution is to extend it. If the amortisation is done over eight years when it was planned over five, it becomes less expensive. But we're in a quite unfair system: if there's someone to criticise for his salary, it's me. I signed it, that contract, with his agent."

That's about £340,000 a week foh

At most £130,000 a week, at most.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Yohann Gourcuff willing to take pay cut to join arsenal
    Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has told L'Equipe that Yoann Gourcuff would be prepared to accept a pay cut in order to seal a switch to Arsenal.

The France international has long been linked with a switch to Emirates Stadium, and talk of transfer this summer has resurfaced. Lyon would be prepared to part with Gourcuff's salary if a suitable offer is tabled, and the 27-year-old striker would prefer a deal to be done to take him to the Premier League. Aulas insists no loan agreement will be sanctioned with another French club - amid talk of interest from Lorient - meaning the ball is now back in Arsenal's court as the countdown to deadline day continues. He told L'Equipe on Gourcuff, who netted once and provided two assists as Lyon started the new season with a 4-0 mauling of Nice on Saturday: "Can you see us paying part of his salary for him to play against us with another French club? We've never considered that and it would be even more stupid now than it was a fortnight ago.

"All that I know, if I understood correctly, is that he was ready to lower his salary to go to Arsenal, but that's not the same thing.

"I spoke to his lawyer two weeks ago and he asked for the power of attorney to negotiate a transfer. I said no, but I would be keen to offer a non-exclusive power of attorney to see what happens."

Another of those at Lyon whose future remains up in the air is Bafetimbi Gomis, but, after a proposed move to Newcastle United broke down, Aulas claims the striker could now be persuaded to pen a contract extension at Stade Gerland.

He added: "His circumstances have changed. Newcastle ended talks and we don't have any other offers.

"The most logical solution would be for everyone to get back down to business and for him to prolong for another year. But there are other factors to consider, most notably what Remi Garde wants to do."
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Arsenal also in talks with Bayern to sign Rafinha.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Yoann Gourcuff is ready to lower his sizeable salary to secure a move to Arsenal, according to the Lyon playmaker's club president Jean-Michel Aulas.

Gourcuff, 27, has failed to deliver on the promise that persuaded Lyon to pay €22 million for him in 2010 and offer him a monthly wage of more than €400,000, making the midfielder Ligue 1's highest-paid Frenchman.

Having struggled for both fitness and form over the past three seasons, OL have been looking to offload the France international, whose situation has been monitored by Arsene Wenger.

Responding to Monday's reports in L'Equipe to the contrary, Aulas told the sports daily that Lyon would not be willing to pay any of Gourcuff's salary to allow him to join a Ligue 1 club on loan and revealed the former Bordeaux man was only willing to make financial sacrifices to go to North London.

"Can you see us paying part of his salary for him to play against us with another French club? We've never considered that and it would even more stupid now than it was a fortnight ago," Aulas stated after seeing Gourcuff contribute a goal and two assists in Lyon's 4-0 win over Nice last weekend, their first game of the Ligue 1 season.

"All that I know, if I understood correctly, is that he was ready to lower his salary to go to Arsenal, but that's not the same thing."

Also followed by Monaco and Atletico Madrid, who have long been linked with him, Gourcuff has another two years left on the deal he signed when he moved to the Stade de Gerland from Bordeaux three years ago.

Aulas remains open to the possibility of selling the former AC Milan man, stating on his official Twitter account last weekend that Gourcuff "is not for sale, but he can be bought", and added that he had told the player's lawyer he would grant a non-exclusive mandate to negotiate a transfer, but has not ruled out extending the huge deal to which he agreed.

"We can't change the contract," he said. "The only solution is to extend it. If the amortisation is done over eight years when it was planned over five, it becomes less expensive. But we're in a quite unfair system: if there's someone to criticise for his salary, it's me. I signed it, that contract, with his agent."

Yohan is overrated anyway. Why would u folks want to sign that castaway?
  • northside7
    Options
    Figo wrote: »

I hear ya.
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Figo wrote: »

I hear ya.

Smh. Aite mane go sign kid
  • Gooner
    Options
    no arsenal transfer window is complete w/o us being linked to that ? gourcuff