Finally, A Reason...

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in IllGaming
ps3.jpg

Aight, so I copped a PS3 with The Last of Us, obviously. I'm gettin Journey/Flower and Ni No Kuni for sure...then DC Universe Online and Heavy Rain. Any other suggestions?

I don't care about Indiana Nathan Croft. I already traded in the Uncharted 3 that came with the bundle for a cool 7 bucks. B-)

I'll also hard pass on any and all PS3 first person shooters.

InFamous 3 looks dope, do I need to play the first two to understand ? ? I'll be rockin with the XBOX One, Wii U, 3DS and PS3 for awhile since there is nothing at launch for the PS4 so I guess they can wait?

LittleBigPlanet 2...Possibly.
Twisted Metal...Meh.
? of War...No.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale...Hell no.

Am I overlooking anything?

*Braces self for PSN* I'm assuming its up?

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how much was it
  • focus
    edited July 2013
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    how much was it

$350.63 including The Last of Us and a year of PlayStation Plus.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    how much was it

? that.. ill hit up the ? shop.. all i want is the last of us... already had a ps3 b4
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Makes fun of Sony whenever he can, buys a PS3 LOL .... smh...
  • focus
    Options
    how much was it

? that.. ill hit up the ? shop.. all i want is the last of us... already had a ps3 b4

Yea, you could cop a refurb or used one from Gamestop, beat TLOU within 7 days and just return it for full price too.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how you don't like Uncharted but like the new Tomb Raider, but whatever. Metal Gear Solid 4 I guess.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good move selling Uncharted 3 even though you could get more online for it. Its free right now on PS+
  • focus
    Options
    I don't see how you don't like Uncharted but like the new Tomb Raider

I don't dislike it, I just see no reason to play both. But I digress, so question...the first Uncharted seems like a grind, can I skip it?
  • joshuaboy
    Options

I don't dislike it, I just see no reason to play both. But I digress, so question...the first Uncharted seems like a grind, can I skip it?

The stories aren't related so you don't have to play all or in sequence. But if you do you get a better understanding of the characters and their relationships. I do recommend you play 2 though. The first is good but might feel a bit dated as its 6 years old now.
  • focus
    edited July 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

The stories aren't related so you don't have to play all or in sequence. But if you do you get a better understanding of the characters and their relationships. I do recommend you play 2 though. The first is good but might feel a bit dated as its 6 years old now.

Oh ok. I thought the stories were more closely tied together. I'll probably play 2 and just start there. I skipped Mass Effect 1 for the same reason (too dated at the time) and those games have more detail and closely related stories and I still loved the sequels. What about Uncharted 3?

I forgot about The Unfinished Swan in my OP. Gotta pick that up too.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta play last of us one day
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Oh ok. I thought the stories were more closely tied together. I'll probably play 2 and just start there. I skipped Mass Effect 1 for the same reason (too dated at the time) and those games have more detail and closely related stories and I still loved the sequels. What about Uncharted 3?

I forgot about The Unfinished Swan in my OP. Gotta pick that up too.

U3 is good but starts off a bit slow because of the storyline. Not as fast paced but good.

Get it now that its free and play it whenever
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the world has ended.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you play Dark Souls on the 360? If you did and liked it, then cop Demons Souls.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    So the world has ended.

Don't you see my pics? Two waterspouts touched down here the same day he bought it
  • focus
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Probably one of, if not the only ? in The Arcade who owns all three systems and both portables. J/S
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    BioshocK?

LOL. I re-play Bioshock like every other week. Favorite game this gen.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BioshocK?

Probably one of, if not the only ? in The Arcade who owns all three systems and both portables. J/S

You got a Vita too or the PSP? I don't know if it's your type of game or if you played it already but the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection was pretty good.

As far as Infamous, check PSN (lol) for the demos and see if you like them.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    u want a cookie for owning a wii?
  • focus
    Options
    u want a cookie for owning a wii?

Shiid...hell yea. Chocolate Chip please.
  • focus
    Options
    BioshocK?

You got a Vita too or the PSP? I don't know if it's your type of game or if you played it already but the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection was pretty good.

As far as Infamous, check PSN (lol) for the demos and see if you like them.

PSP. My bad. I literally forgot the Vita existed, so I guess I can't count both current gen portables.

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to play last of us too but I ain't copping a new ps3...we need a community console ..once u beat last of us u mail it to the next ? lol
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Gamestop just ? up.. ps3 price has dropped now and i just bought a used one... and guess which sku they sold me?? the OG backward compatible fatboy.. damn i got lucky.. i got the last of us / GOW ascension/ DBZ collection AND i can play my OG GTA's until 5 drops